• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The CEO: Dreamland discussion thread

DariusM27

Smash Ace
Mr E and Pug haven't made top 8 in a national in the last 6 months. MkLeo is just a god. Marth isn't top tier.

ARISTOS

Smash Ace
Mr E and Pug haven't made top 8 in a national in the last 6 months. MkLeo is just a god. Marth isn't top tier.
Neither has Rich Brown yet we aren't calling Mewtwo not a top tier.

Pug and Mr. E are easily not up to par with the killers at the top end of player skill. Not to mention that players can have a bad day

I can listen to justifications of why X is not Y but yours is a bad one to make.

Now if MKLeo were to start consistently having poor outings with Marth, then we might have something

DariusM27

Smash Ace
Mewtwo is top tier because of the obvious merits of the character.

And I would say Mewtwo is either the bottom of top tier after Diddy Zss Sanic Sheik Ryu Cloud and Fox, or Mewtwo is the top of high tier.

Mewtwo has too many weaknesses to be top tier, imo. And Marth has even less strengths than Mewtwo.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
I didn't watch Dreamland but I thought I'd make a results tier list like I did for Civil War. If you want to know the format, I basically took the results of each character with the points system of smash.gg's fantasy bracket and figured out how many points each character would get if all the players of that character were on a fantasy team.

S: :4diddy:
A: :4sheik::4bayonetta::4fox::4zss::4sonic::4megaman::4pikachu::rosalina:
B: :4peach::4littlemac::4duckhunt::4cloud::4falcon::4charizard:
C: :4mewtwo::4mario:(:4greninja::4rob:)(:4kirby::4lucas::4ness::4ryu:)
D: :4lucario::4metaknight:(:4corrin::4luigi::4shulk:)
E: (:4bowserjr::4dk::4myfriends::4link::4marth::4miibrawl::4pacman::4tlink::4yoshi:)
F: (:4bowser::4dedede::4darkpit::4drmario::4falco::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4lucina::4gaw::4olimar::4palutena::4pit::4robinm::4feroy::4samus::4villager::4wario2::4wiifit::4zelda:)

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Implying zard, a character who got 33rd and 17th as a secondary, is in the same tier as duck hunt dog, who got 33rd and 9th with both dogs taking PGR wins, and Peach, who made top 8, is just... weird. Peach for sure should be A if Mega Man is A, considering she outperformed him too. Same with Pikachu.

Rosa being that low and fox being that high are also strange.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Implying zard, a character who got 33rd and 17th as a secondary, is in the same tier as duck hunt dog, who got 33rd and 9th with both dogs taking PGR wins, and Peach, who made top 8, is just... weird. Peach for sure should be A if Mega Man is A, considering she outperformed him too. Same with Pikachu.

Rosa being that low and fox being that high are also strange.
Let's break this down bit by bit.

1. Was Bloodcross' :4charizard: only a secondary? I listed him for :4charizard: because SmashWiki did (for Dreamland, anyway). Yes, I am aware he mains :4fox:, but was :4fox: his primary character this tournament, or was :4charizard:?
2. :4charizard: was actually really close between B and C tiers. I only put him in B because he was closer to :4falcon: than to :4mewtwo: (albeit not by much).
3. As for :4duckhunt:, notable wins are not factored into this list, only placements. The difference between 9th and 17th is relatively small.
4. I probably put the tier break from A to B in the wrong place. :4megaman::4pikachu::rosalina: should be moved to the top of B (:rosalina: is closer to :4peach: than :4megaman: is to :4sonic:).
5. By outperformed, I assume you're only counting their highest placings. While Samsora and ESAM did outplace ScAtt, Ookami placed highly as well. If this only counted the best placings, then yes, :4peach::4pikachu: would be higher than :4megaman:, but this counts all top 96 placings, and thus :4megaman: is placed higher.
6. :rosalina: and :4fox:'s perhaps unusual placings also come mostly from the sum of their players. While :rosalina: had Dabuz (4th), who else did she have? Only Neos (49th), Utopian Ray (65th), and DOOM! (65th). Meanwhile, Fox had Larry Lurr (13th), ZD (17th), Xzax (17th), NAKAT (25th), and Eden (65th).

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
1. Was Bloodcross' :4charizard: only a secondary? I listed him for :4charizard: because SmashWiki did (for Dreamland, anyway). Yes, I am aware he mains :4fox:, but was :4fox: his primary character this tournament, or was :4charizard:?
From Bloodcross' twitter:

results everywhere say either only zard or only fox. i went both lol.
ive been thinking about using more characters again for certain MU's

So yeah, he went both.

The rest of what you said is understandable, though.

Illusion.

Master of Stealth
NNID
Illusion97
3DS FC
1822-0471-8951
Switch FC
SW-5043-8035-6923
Mewtwo has too many weaknesses to be top tier, imo. And Marth has even less strengths than Mewtwo.
Their MU spreads are way too good and their results are way too consistent for them to not be top tier, my guy.

Last edited:

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
From Bloodcross' twitter:

results everywhere say either only zard or only fox. i went both lol.
ive been thinking about using more characters again for certain MU's

So yeah, he went both.

The rest of what you said is understandable, though.
Okay. The way I counted it at Civil War, when there was a dual-main, I counted their placings for both characters, so that wouldn't actually bump Charizard down, it would just bump Fox up.

Top Bottom