• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***The Cave Bi-Weeklies Official Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
It's pretty simple. If you're serious about improving, you've got to get better players into the tourney.

Larger entry fee = Larger pot
Larger pot = Better players at tournament
Better players at tournament + More tournaments = Everyone improves

Come on, seriously, just cough up an extra $10 per tournament.

khepri

Smash Lord
How about you raise the price only when a certain (larger) amount of people show up, that way you're paying to play a larger crowd than what you're used to.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Are we talking about raising it $10 or raising it up to $10 ($5 more).

I am for $10. Its still really cheap, we get an entire day of video gaming at the cave which usually costs $x per 30 minutes. Plus I feel bad for Jeff, he wastes his entire day and walks away with $15, how sad.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
stop being so cheap and just pay 10$ lol. If that means u cant play as many 1$ money matches as you originally intended then to bad.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
$10 is fair, because that covers you for the tournament plus all the friendlies you get to play. Defiantly worth it, it's like having 4-5 hours of entertainment for 10 bucks.

CrappyDonkey

Smash Apprentice
As u guys know i am pretty easy going about this kind of stuff (money) I was thinking about makin it $10 just last night. For the reasons state above. Especially if we do an RR tourney. Your paying $10 for a day of gaming thats not a bad deal at all. So it will probably be $10 if not today then from now on.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Tourney was great. I dropped out pretty fast, but the friendlies were awesome.

DaBear: Ganon teams next tourney. :laugh:

Alcheato: Good set. Nice job.

Brightside: Owned me again, as expected. ^_^

Ouendenation: Keep working at it, you'll get better!

Halfdemon: If you wanna team again (after DaBear of course XD), just say so. ^_^

Everyone else: Good stuff, see ya next time!

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
We need to get some hot, sweaty Ganon foursomes recorded next time. Those matches were awesome. Today was insanely fun for me for some reason. I think I was doing awesome in the morning, but got worse as the day went on, then got better again.

Zjinn - Wrong kana for tag >_>

Zane - Great games; your Shiek ***** too much.

Me14k - Your obsession with monster biscuits is increasingly annoying >_>

Mars - Fun Samus dittos

Deathanchor - WHY DIDN'T YOU COME?! I was lonely during teams ;_;

We will talk about it being $10, and if it is not agreed upon we can do $5 this time and bump it to $10 next time.
$7.50?

Some of us are poor >_>;

Zjiin

Smash Master
Yeah.

1) Why use su when there's zu?
2) I believe it would be ズジン, ズジノ, OR ズジヌ

EDIT: How the fak do you pronounce "Zjiin"?
You overestimate my coolness, and I appreciate it.

It's just my tag because it looks (at least in the game) like Z J I N in fancy characters. And for how to pronounce it... it's a long story that isn't worth telling. I've gotten use to people saying it wrong as "zee-jin" and that's okay with me.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Me14k - Your obsession with monster biscuits is increasingly annoying >_>
- Im not obsessed:
1. I bought the following things from 7/11: Monster Biscuit; Twister Sandwich w/ Sausage, Egg, and cheese; Vitamin D enriched white milk; Turkey Sandwich; Arizona Sweet Tea. With this information it is clear that 20% of the items I purchase are monster biscuits, lets look at some other people....
Alan(really tall G&w player)-Only bought a monster biscuit (100% of 7/11 purchases are monsters)
Zane Fleia- monster biscuit and I assume drink (50-100% purchases are monsters)
HalfDemon- Monster Biscuit, Turkey Sandwhich, FruitPunch (33% monster)
-It is clear that I am not obsessed, other people consume Monster Biscuits at a much higher frequency than me.
2. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/obsession
-Definition #8= "an unhealthy and compulsive preoccupation with something or someone". Look at my previous list of 10 things that are good about monster biscuits. I discussed the relationship between A monster biscuit speeding up my heart and running speeding up my heart. We can conclude that Monster Biscuits are equally as healthy as running because of the equal effect. This means that it is healthy thus conflicts with definition #6 which mandates an obsession to be unhealthy.
3. I added this because according to aristotle three contentions improves the ethos of an argument.

GG.

How the fak do you pronounce "Zjiin"?
'ZiJiin'-Dont emphasize the first i, emphazise the 'ii'.

Zjiin

Smash Master
- Im not obsessed:
1. I bought the following things from 7/11: Monster Biscuit; Twister Sandwich w/ Sausage, Egg, and cheese; Vitamin D enriched white milk; Turkey Sandwich; Arizona Sweet Tea. With this information it is clear that 20% of the items I purchase are monster biscuits, lets look at some other people....
Alan(really tall G&w player)-Only bought a monster biscuit (100% of 7/11 purchases are monsters)
Zane Fleia- monster biscuit and I assume drink (50-100% purchases are monsters)
HalfDemon- Monster Biscuit, Turkey Sandwhich, FruitPunch (33% monster)
-It is clear that I am not obsessed, other people consume Monster Biscuits at a much higher frequency than me.
2. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/obsession
-Definition #8= "an unhealthy and compulsive preoccupation with something or someone". Look at my previous list of 10 things that are good about monster biscuits. I discussed the relationship between A monster biscuit speeding up my heart and running speeding up my heart. We can conclude that Monster Biscuits are equally as healthy as running because of the equal effect. This means that it is healthy thus conflicts with definition #6 which mandates an obsession to be unhealthy.
3. I added this because according to aristotle three contentions improves the ethos of an argument.

GG.
ummmmmmm...JOHNS.

- 'ZiJiin'-Dont emphasize the first i, emphazise the 'ii'.
What the fawk are you smokin'?

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
However, if you look at it over a period of time, I have had one Monster Biscuit, about six Egg Sandwiches, four Tunas, and a chocolate milk each time. My Monster Biscuit consumption is blatantly less than yours, as I have only ever had one.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Good job, Mr. Edward Howells. Still holding it down for the Southside. Yayuhhhzzz. Also, good stuff @ Big D; just out of the money equates to sad face, :( , but nice job nonetheless.

Wayne, wHaT tHE.

Me14k

Smash Lord
However, if you look at it over a period of time, I have had one Monster Biscuit, about six Egg Sandwiches, four Tunas, and a chocolate milk each time. My Monster Biscuit consumption is blatantly less than yours, as I have only ever had one.
Why do people insist on arguing with me? I am in the Debate Hall.

What you say is absolutly true. I have had the most Monster Biscuits..but continuing on what you said...you ate one monster biscuit (today). Today was also the first opportunity you had to consume a monster biscuit because I ordered extras hence I didnt eat the one and only monster biscuit they usually carry, and this action directly prevented you from consuming such monster biscuits in the past.

So we must conclude that:

When Monster Biscuit is available:
Me14k-Consumes 100% of time (1 per day)
Zane Fleia- with a 1/1 Monster Biscuit consumption rate-100%
Half Demon- 2/2?-100%
Kit- 1/1-100%
Alan- 1/1 - 100%
*Jeff*-0/Many-0%.

From this we can conclude that we ALL consume monster biscuits when possible. Wait! Are you thinking that Jeff passed up a monster biscuit today? That is true son, he got a sausage, egg, cheese, english muffin with a chocolate milk inbstead of a monster biscuit. The reasoning for this can be seen through his true name, CrappyDonkey. Jeff, or the crappyass does not contain the coolness associated with a monster biscuit.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Alright, shoutouts:

Zjiin- Lol, I was expecting a different reaction from you. Anyway, it was fun teaming with you, if we/me/you didn't fuck up so much, we would have placed much better.

Eddie- Lol, thanks for recording a match against me lol, I'm looking forward to what wes and hugs say about your rapage.

Ouen- Good samus, just practice wavedashing a bit, or at least not rolling, it's essential with samus, and probably marth for that matter.

Ray- I don't think we played, did we? Lol, too funny when you were yelling in the bathroom.

Kels- Extender. Lol, that was ****, except the matches after that. Good ****, I'm improving.

Alcheato- Not only did we once again play first round, but we played 2 times. Somebody is rigging the brackets lol.

Zane- Shiek is gay, end of story.

Me14k- Good money match, although I shouldn't have gone falcon. We didn't team at all, even in friendlies, but then again, fire and snowstorm weren't there, lol.

CKit- You are a lot less technical then what I remember you being.

Halfdemon- Now that I beat you ever time we played, you should come after me next tourny.

Big D- ***** us in teams, lol, maybe we can play a bit next time.

Anyway, anyone I missed, GG.

The videos will start being uploaded tomorrow because I am too tired today.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Wait! Are you thinking that Jeff passed up a monster biscuit today? That is true son, he got a sausage, egg, cheese, english muffin with a chocolate milk inbstead of a monster biscuit. The reasoning for this can be seen through his true name, CrappyDonkey. Jeff, or the crappyass does not contain the coolness associated with a monster biscuit.
Wow, your stupid.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Why do people insist on arguing with me? I am in the Debate Hall.

What you say is absolutly true. I have had the most Monster Biscuits..but continuing on what you said...you ate one monster biscuit (today). Today was also the first opportunity you had to consume a monster biscuit because I ordered extras hence I didnt eat the one and only monster biscuit they usually carry, and this action directly prevented you from consuming such monster biscuits in the past.

So we must conclude that:

When Monster Biscuit is available:
Me14k-Consumes 100% of time (1 per day)
Zane Fleia- with a 1/1 Monster Biscuit consumption rate-100%
Half Demon- 2/2?-100%
Kit- 1/1-100%
Alan- 1/1 - 100%
*Jeff*-0/Many-0%.

From this we can conclude that we ALL consume monster biscuits when possible. Wait! Are you thinking that Jeff passed up a monster biscuit today? That is true son, he got a sausage, egg, cheese, english muffin with a chocolate milk inbstead of a monster biscuit. The reasoning for this can be seen through his true name, CrappyDonkey. Jeff, or the crappyass does not contain the coolness associated with a monster biscuit.
However, that is based off pure statistic, and only those that work in the favor of your argument. There is absolutely no way of knowing if I will have a Monster Biscuit in two weeks, or even ever again.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
Because HD ... obviously have 4 pictures of monster biscuits in their sig and talk about them all the time.

If you ever doubt my love for the MnstrMtLov again, I'm gonna have to crack your head open. And witnesses will say it was self defense. GG.

Zjiin- lol. We should have made that MM $5, no? Big money.

Ray- good friendlies. You've improved a lot... I think. You **** me, at least. Lol at your bathroom antics.

Kels- good friendlies, as well. But you're so predictable. I can call every one of your moves; DThrow > Dthrow > Dthrow > Dthrow... and it fawking works!

Alcheato- nice friendlies. Good to see you playing again.

Zane- no offense, but our teamming doesn't work. We just don't have that magical chemistry. And you don't worship the MnstrMtLov.

Me14k- I play you too much. And you **** me every time. It's getting rediculous. MnstrMtLov.

Big D- hella nice, and odd, DK you got there. Fun set. More friendlies next time, please.

DaBear- good friendlies. I'll be needing some Sheik practice next time.

Mars- you winning= fluke. I'm pulling some johns.

Jeff- you HAVE to try it. Breakfast or not.

Anyone I missed, GG.

Good tourney despite my crap placing.

Me14k

Smash Lord
However, that is based off pure statistic, and only those that work in the favor of your argument. There is absolutely no way of knowing if I will have a Monster Biscuit in two weeks, or even ever again.
Ahh. The battle of Theory vs. Fact.

Fortunatly the facts trump, I can manipulate facts to suit me however I want. All you can do is create theoretical situations.

however you are right...you could not get a monster biscuit in two weeks, but that is illogical considering those things warm our hearts in ways a saigon whore could not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom