• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Broken" characters In Brawl

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
This thread fails...

PoF, while I do hate people who complain that any character is overpowered (Stop johning and get better!), your OP is just ********. Trust me, half my friends are noobs at this game, and you know what noobs do? It's not chain throws or tilts, it's C-stick and B button.
You overlook every characters' weaknesses, don't know half of the characters you're talking about, and leave out a whole lot of the cast.

(And for the record, no I'm not just saying that because of what you said about Kirby. That's probably the only one I kind of agree with...)

noodles

Smash Champion
someone close this thread

also this was like a month after the game came out, lol

matt4300

Smash Ace
thank god you dident mention link, samus or ness, (my mains) i dont find much nooby about them other than nesses pk thunder

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Wolf is all about the smash attacks. With moves that fast, I wouldn't be surprised if he is at a broken state.
What? You've got to be kidding me. Have you ever seen a good wolf player? Wolf players use Fsmash to space and by no means is he broken. Look at MK. His Dsmash is disgustingly fast with absolutely no lag. If you say wolf's smash attacks are too fast, then you should look at some of the others. Wolf players use Bair and smashes accordingly, it's not their entire game plan. Seems like some people just blindly say things when they have no idea what they're talking about.

Ace Of Flames

Smash Apprentice
What? You've got to be kidding me. Have you ever seen a good wolf player? Wolf players use Fsmash to space and by no means is he broken. Look at MK. His Dsmash is disgustingly fast with absolutely no lag. If you say wolf's smash attacks are too fast, then you should look at some of the others. Wolf players use Bair and smashes accordingly, it's not their entire game plan. Seems like some people just blindly say things when they have no idea what they're talking about.
Yeah, ROB's Dsmash is really fast too. Faster than MK's

True Fool

Smash Ace
lol, sorry, but Meta-Knight is the noobiest character, plain and simple. He's not broken, but he is the easiest character to pick-up. Speed, killing power(don't even try to tell me you've never killed at 70% with that d-smash), priority, ungodly recovery.

Do you want to know what I do when I have new people playing smash with me? I tell them to pick Meta-Knight, hit the yellow stick downwards when close, and push the red button a lot.

The only character that may piss me off as much, is G&W. I didn't hate him before, but now he's heavier than Bowser with that new and obnoxious tech of his. I consider G&W broken, for use of this tech. His light weight was his only real disadvantage, and now that's out the window.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Snakes not broken.
So his dis-jointed hitbox on his F-Tilt and his Up-Tilt isn't broken? And the fact that he's Batman with his projectiles and has a mosterest knockback on his Tilts is just down right fair. Sure people can still beat him, but the fact that he has so many advantages that the other characters don't, (great tilt's, great knockback, projectiles, good recovery, heavy, and can use his C4 as a plan B),that's called broken in a lot of names if you play a good Snake.

Ace Of Flames

Smash Apprentice
So his dis-jointed hitbox on his F-Tilt and his Up-Tilt isn't broken? And the fact that he's Batman with his projectiles and has a mosterest knockback on his Tilts is just down right fair. Sure people can still beat him, but the fact that he has so many advantages that the other characters don't, (great tilt's, great knockback, projectiles, good recovery, heavy, and can use his C4 as a plan B),that's called broken in a lot of names if you play a good Snake.
@ tilts: Learn to shield

@ projectiles: Learn to spot and roll dodge, shield, and air camp

@ recovery: Snake's recovery gets him distance but he's easily gimpable by a few characters.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
@ tilts: Learn to shield

@ projectiles: Learn to spot and roll dodge, shield, and air camp

@ recovery: Snake's recovery gets him distance but he's easily gimpable by a few characters.
Note: I said you can still beat him. I'm saying advantages, not match up's. If I was talking about match up's, you will have to count all the characters that's playable and compare those example's you just said.

I can say Kirby vs Snake and beat Snake, even though Snake is Kirby's bad match up. Of course you can learn how to deal with Snake, but don't forget the person your playing might know how to fish you out. Broken doesn't mean unbeatable, it means unbalance

Ace Of Flames

Smash Apprentice
Note: I said you can still beat him. I'm saying advantages, not match up's. If I was talking about match up's, you will have to count all the characters that's playable and compare those example's you just said.

I can say Kirby vs Snake and beat Snake, even though Snake is Kirby's bad match up. Of course you can learn how to deal with Snake, but don't forget the person your playing might know how to fish you out. Broken doesn't mean unbeatable, it means unbalance

A broken gameplay element (whether it be a character, stage, item, situation, or combination thereof) is so overpowering that it ruins gameplay by supplanting other gameplay elements.

Snake's tilts aren't unbalanced to the point where they ruin the game.

If someone was unbeatable, that would ruin the game.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'd say MK is the closest. As long as you forbid your opponent from doing the infinite cape then he is beatable by 4 characters so he's not bad. Snake's super dash glitch is annoying but it is preventable.

Tenza

Smash Cadet
Prince of Fire...you beat me to makng a thread like this...you are great man...

I agree wholeheartedly with your message---I'm sick of people complaining about MK too

I mained MK before Brawl even came out---I remember saying to my friends: "what if they put Meta Knight in Brawl?"(MK is my favorite video game character in general)

Funny thing is, I heard zero complaints about MK, and in fact, he was pretty underused until the tier list came out... That's when everyone started to be influenced by other peoples' opinions and mistaking their comments as facts.

In summation:

STOP HATING ON MK---HE IS NOT UNBEATABLE---IF YOU THINK HE IS BROKEN YOU'VE EITHER NEVER FOUGHT FALCO OR MARTH IN MELEE OR YOU JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO BEAT HIM.

~TenZa

Aeropup

Smash Apprentice
No, I think nooby refers to someone that just picked the game up, I.E. playing for the first time.

Also, I like how this list didn't include Diddy.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Does anybody else realise this thread was bumped and should've been left for dead in April?

Top Bottom