• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Yeah jus' a bit of fun guys. I've got people all over the world wanting to kick my arse because of trash talk lol but everyone i've met is like meh its cool - well apart from afew italians lol.

I probably won't be postin on the boards for a while. Leaving for uni today and i doubt ill have the net for afew weeks

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Well you canb always make yourselves feel better if you lose by repeatedly trashing me. Also I couldn't be bothered to read half of the arguement posts because of how poorly they were written. Also, it's naieve

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
Dan dear, no offence was caused in my direcection, but i seriously did blurt out 'what the **** fish?' when i read the first.

the second was better, in my personal opinion. actually made me chuckle

****it >.< why cant it be october 28th now?

and trash talking is fun, unfortunately i lack crazy mad gansta rappin' skillz j0' o.o

actually, i've just realised that none of you guys, bar the rest of the GMC, dan, and whoever the samus player who came with him was have seen me play.

and i've improved tenfold since the visit of dan and *inser name here*

'AR looks set to be a ****ing good laugh.

love and stuff

x

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Whilst **** talking and all is good. I wanna remind everyone that there is rules regarding conduct and I expect them to be followed. So that means come tourney time I don't want intimidation and this childish crap going on. I personally don't care how Scalpel uses his eating equipment as long as he keeps it to himself and nobody tells me where he keeps his spoons at night.

That being said, keep talking. It's amusing to watch.

SGT Stevie

Smash Journeyman
Rainhill - its small but everyone drinks.
i have a reasonable amount of respect for most of sdb as human beings ; but most of you take yourselves too seroiusly... except Jam5

<3 Jam5 he is lovely x
I agree with BloodBowler with regards to trash talking. However, I don't understand the flirting going on!!!!! Jam better not bend over cos he may never stand up again with you running about!!!!!!!!

Twiggy_Ramirez

Smash Apprentice
I agree with BloodBowler with regards to trash talking. However, I don't understand the flirting going on!!!!! Jam better not bend over cos he may never stand up again with you running about!!!!!!!!

god **** stevie knows where its at...

dont worry your homophobic small brain were hooking him up with a nice young woman (not jay/khaine/L4dy)...

anywho flirting is half of our beloved smash culture

_Twig out

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
"Flirting is half of "our" did you say "our" beloved culture."
No lets just check that again:-
"Flirting is half of "YOUR" beloved culture"
Im here for the Smash, The Battallion and Tourny's....I am not here for man p.u.s.s.y :(
Maybe if there were FIT women smashers it would be a different story....
I get my "WOMAN" thats right, non male part human p.u.s.s.y in real life,
So shall we stop with the gayness.
Nothing against gays but if you didnt know there is a site for it just for smashers
Check it out its......
www.SmashManPussy.com
Stevie and Sharpy with the anti homo British Thread FTW!

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
I have absolutely nothing against gays thanks dude.
I have a couple of gays mates.
So dont preach to me like you know what its about.
Your a child son...
When you mature, reach puberty and realise that hair DOES grow down there, we'll have a conversation but until then, relax, enjoy your youth and let the good times roll.
I was merely stating that if you are gay dont publicise the fact.
Im straight and i dont publicise the fact i am.
If your gonna flirt(for whatever reason) go get a room.
You all live close enough...

Twiggy_Ramirez

Smash Apprentice
seroiusly trying to justify your clear lack of tolerance is not cutting it
saying your for an "anti homo british thread" and then claiming "i have absolutely nothing against gays" is quite simply a contradiction...

...and trying to pass that on none other than the GMC: weve all had a lifetime of preachy lesbain moms that know more about homophobic attitudes than... well there is no comparison.

Pro - homo british thread FTW!!!
(my moms endorse this decision)

wheres Yuna when you need him?...

grayfox

Smash Champion
.______. uk used to be so good for trash talk, what happened T_____T stop getting your balls in a twist over everything kids. Jams *** is mine anyways >_>

DevMBC

Smash Ace
All this talk about my *** an no action >___>;

+ is pictish really coming? =o He's on the line-up list thingy, did you talk to him, BB? Amsah's saying he's not sure if he's coming = Nobody's in my way of taking 1st mwahaha <3 (*****es)

+ Is Doug coming??

+ lol Swedish Chris lol

edit: oops wrong topic =s

Kone

Smash Master
aww silly jammy

i really dont like gays

not at all

this is no lie

im not trying to be funny

i just dont like the idea of man on man

its revolting

and makes me sick

id prefer to have cancer than to eve rbe around a gay person

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Wow that really is anti gay, you'd hate my school then, plenty o gays there. WE just have to get used to it. Also cancer yo ucould remove or not remove?

J03

Smash Master
lol everyone here needs to chill and change the subject from gays back 2 smash so here... ill start... y is fox rated no1 n falco no2 when there both equal when fightin others but falco always beats fox 1 on 1 when both playersre of equal skill. jus because there are less falco players overall, i mean this jus increases the probability tht fox will win a tourney and shouldnt affect the ratings any any agree/disagree...feel free to commant about smash not ppl's sexual interests!

Twiggy_Ramirez

Smash Apprentice
the shine has infinite potential.... fox is as fast as you can play him whereas falco has limitatoins... if you want to now more about this check the character specific threads...

but yea i would say there are more falcos anyway...

Kone

Smash Master
Pfft this is my thread ill discuss what really matters int he world

if your wanting to talk smash go elsewhere, the forums full of info. go talk in general melee discussion or character specific or with one of the brits on msn.

this threads for trashtalking and meeting others n general chit chat

i want no more crappy smash talk

whats happeneing with this crew tourney BB? at max sdb will only be round for 2 crew matches i reckon by time signles is over. one crew match takes ****ing ages remember!

J03

Smash Master
chit chat it is...i agree with u kone about AR it aint fair 4 u 2 come all tht way and not play groups of equal skill. i aint sayin we aint skillful but us being as good as u is debatable but doubtful so what ever happens we'll let u play ur rivals and if u got some spare tym u can show us a thing or two ^^ btw BB how many ppl are stayin at ur on sat the 18th and do u have a garden/ camping room?

Kone

Smash Master
I got an idea . . .

Right - O, little bit wrecked right now and got my creative juices flowing.

Just been looking at the mlg website and thinking bout UK tournament schedule in general ie fact that after BB's tournament in Oct it dries up again.

Since it looks like we've got a few new faces wanting to turn up to tounaments AND the likelyhood of a new game and thus alot of new interest on the horizon i thought it be nice to try set up some sort of UK tournament circuit/season.

By this I was thinking that we ensure that we have a tournament every 3 months or every season ie spring,summer, autumn, winter.

My proposal is that BB's tournament will be the first of the 06/07 UK season filling in as the 'autumn' tournament.

We will then need to find tournament host willing to fill in the next three tournament dates ie

UK Smash Season 06/07
-----------------------------------

Autumn (Aug - Oct ) - Anarchy Rules hosted by BB Oct 28th/29th (North West England)

Winter (Nov - Jan ) - . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spring (Feb - Apr) - . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Summer ( May - Jul) - . . . . . . . . . . .

Im hoping that there will be people out there that'll say if they'll host a tournament within the periods above. This way we already hve an idea of where tournaments will be earlier on hence are more prepared AND regular tournments. This will come in more importantly when the Wii is released. This does not mean that thre cant be more than four tournaments , we can add more to the official schedule!!!

Also, by having a regular season we can keep a running UK seedings list ie by rewarding people points based upon their performance at each seasonal stop. This way we have a official list of best players in the UK that can also be used to seed one another within Uk tournaments!

Im looking at the likes of Myself, Euan and Caleb to take the other three spots. This way we have an official North West, North East, South and Scotland tournament. Also I trust that the three of us would be able to run tournaments (well, me and euan have proved so!)

What do people think?

J03

Smash Master
i know im new and obviously me opinion matters little but tht sounds gr8, the only reason its taken so long to get to a tourney is coz theres hardly any...at all...ever. but one thing is the tourneys would have 2 b timed in with periods of school n uni cz a massive majority of players also get educated. but sounds gr8.

in other news i jus shaved my head :( my hair used to b soo long... i wanna cry

J03/overdose :'(

OMFG...kone iv bring completely useless news...we have... the same... B'DAY, u kno in all the 6billion ppl on earth the chances of any two ppl having the same b'day are sooooooo sooooo remote :p

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
Sounds like a plan. I've actualy got a permanent venue for smaller stuff, and like, a huge hall just down the road I can hire out pretty easy. I'm kinda busy atm (Pip is stealing my PC for warcraft >_<) but I'll look into dates/costs/whatever later.

Kone

Smash Master
Thats good to hear Caleb. The venue you had last time was perfect imo. Large and close to shops and bus/train links. I myself am able to get the venue I used last time whenever I want, im likely to try to run another tournament in the Easter holidays again.

Yup jo3 all tournaments coincide with school or Uni breaks, always have done so ; )

If we can get three of us confirming that we will run a tournament then I can confirm the official lineup of the 06-07 season and get a pretty thread up about it ^_^

Caleb - if your willing to host then the only issue id ask you to look at before i added your tournemant to the lineup is housing. Try find a way to house people for atleast one night ie ask venues if people can kip over /campsites/peoples' houses etc

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
amazing idea, if people could get it up and running and follow it out it would easily be the best thing thats ever happened to the UK scene. I need to attend another tournament and most probably i can't make it to the tournaments that are soon to come like AR. Things like this would be perfect for all of the community, hard part is following it through and getting sponsors maybe? =P

Kone

Smash Master
Well this is how I expect it to work:

Im going to appoint myself UK Smash Season Chairman

Then each season ill look to appoint three other people willing to help run the season with me ie the 3 other tournament hosts. the hosts will have to get my go ahead to be enlisted as official hosts as id expect all four tournaments to be ran well and to be large events.

this shouldnt be too hard to do. its basically what ive done for the last couple of years.

ill get a site sorted aswell.

x

Mr P

Smash Ace
The more tournies the better but i really dont know if i can host again. I hosted smash wars at my house but i certianly couldn't do that again which means renting a hall. Doing so isn't gonna be easy in a small place like Perth. I wont be hosting again unless the rest of my crew is 100% commited to helping out this time, i did 90% of everything last time and i aint doing it like that again. Not to mention the fact that monday through friday my brother and Ryan are away at uni, zeppo is only 15 and lives in Glasgow this leaves just me and allan. Well i certainly cant rule it out completely, i'd be interested in trying to organise another event but it wont be easy.

And i'm 100% against any kind of ranking system, it's just not necessary. It's gonna cause BIG arguements for one thing and the system isn't fullproof because there will be a lot of people who cant attend every tournie. Just look at the power rankings arguements or even the seeding problem in that dutch thread, it's a problem we really dont need.

J03

Smash Master
hey i gotta question thts prob really stupid but im gonna ask it anyway, whats with the titles 'smash n00b/apprentice/journeyman' and so on, how does the system work for 'promotions' and such?

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
J03, the 'rankings' as you put it, are purely based on the number of posts made.

Caleb, for the purposes of running a tournement, i like the idea of january, as Pauls house would be open for housing, as his parents are going to australia or something for three weeks. ( this is of course with his permission, cant just dump a load of guys on him)

and finding some form of venue in yeovil as oppossed to taunton would work better too, given that no-ones really gonna want to do that much travelling if said housing is in yeovil.
theres a tonne of halls and other such potential tournement venue shiz dotted around the town, should probably look into it o.o

and on a different note, Pip stole your pc for warcraft? <.<;;
sounds slightly anti-pip, to be honest...

-x-

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
Exactly, yeah - we have a three week window of oppertunity where Paul's house becomes a mini ****ing hotel xD theres a big church hall which is like a 5 minute walk from his house, and really close to the bottom of town (Like, another 5-10 minute walk) which I could hire out, and considering that the bus station is right at the bottom of town in the most obvious place imaginable, and anyone who wanted directions could go to my shop and meet somebody. God. this is just too perfect. Right - count me in for January. I'll ask Paul what the exact window is and see what the church hall says about those weeks, and I'll get back on here tomorrow.

Ed. Your a ****ing genius :3

Kone

Smash Master
Well if you could take the winter spot then ill take the spring spot. ill run a tournament same time as the one i ran in easter.

that leaves just the summer left. if euan wants it then cool , would mean mafia wud be around back from uni etc. however, its along way away summer so theres a good chance someone else trsut worthy will say theyll run sumthing ^_^

also to do with rankings: seeddings are generally a problem as their aint nor anking system. were talking botu given out rankings for four tournaments that will be scehduled in adavance. therefore people know whent heir happenign and know that their important to make if they care bout their seeding. if they dont then fair plays. most likely alot will and hen againw e arent exactly a large community or a large country to travel like the us. most core players already turnup to most tournaments.

Twiggy_Ramirez

Smash Apprentice
I find it pleasently ironic that now melee is almost outdated and entire league is set up / a wesome idea btw...

i see your point with the new attraction of brawl and there being ATLEAST 30 smashers in britian now ; before it would have been impossible to run anything consistent;

woot GMC hosting winter tourney!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom