• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Nice Idea, I have only one objection:

Kone, you are not the ruler of British Smash. The descision of who makes tournaments and who doesn't is not yours. Nor will it ever be. Whilst I like the idea of organised british smash, I don't like the idea of one person taking charge. Especially not someone who has been known to stop smashing at what seems to be random. I'm sure you had your reasons for it, I'm just stating my opinion here.

Other than that, I'm all for it ^_^

Kone

Smash Master
Erm?! excuse me, what?

I didn't say I was going to stop people organising tournaments?! where did I say that?! what I said was that I would co-ordinate a season based around 4 tournaments. Aiming at four as its a smalle nough number to actually target pulling off NOT to limit tournaments or who hosts them. I also noted that other tournaments could be added to the roster. Four also means that someone who say does care bout rankings can aim to ensure that he only has to make four large tournaments.

Within any communtiy you have to have leaders. Leaders get things done. Nothing happens without someone co-odinating. By attempting this 'season' plan and taken the bull by the horns in issuing that i would take charge was once again me making sure something happend int he british community.

Also, stop the cheek mate. Ive been round this communtiy since day one have done a huge job ensuring that there is a community. Go on, ask any veteran player. Many them would tell you they wouldn't be here if it was not for me. If I hadnt drove 700miles to taunton to help organise a small south west tournament that put me out of pocket big style then there wouldnt be a gmc participating in your tournament. this goes for the likes of jam, scott, dan and all of sdb.

All tournaments ive been at ive hlped run. Ive helped with brackets, running pools and doing small thing slike run people and tvs between places. Most the british community has had some form of roadtrip in my old volkswagon polo.

Now till you've done any of the above then stop talking to me as if your as experienced. Your NOT nor have you done anything remotely important. You've got a large tournament coming up and your about to learn how hard they are.

I'll judge you on how you handle that

x

DevMBC

Smash Ace
No arguement's being started, Ed's just stating facts =/

Think you got your wires a tad crossed, BB - Ed's just trying to give our messy scene some structure as he's always done - Without Ed there wouldn't be a scene in the first place an the amount he's done is ridiculous - Ed's always been around ^_^ing noobs to get them interested an to help push the scene further, he was the first to show me competition way back when I was some scrubby flakey 14/15 year old [Edit: Note that that's him driving from Newcastle to Reading at 17, stopping by Scott on the way]. I try talking to new players an I just end up calling them ******* on account of them thinking they're any good =/

To reiterate, without Ed there wouldn't be a scene.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Aha, therefore you shouldn't think I'm a ****** because I KNOW I'm not good. if you wanna see some vids of me check out the bowser character specific area in the thread "boozer vids up!"

Captain Smashie

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, to be fair BB, lets just pu ti this way...
would your touney be happening if it weren't for the sucess that was SCT4?

I think not.

So like, chill out.

(ps. I can't wait to see that peach ditto MM... time to learn some respect? ;p)

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
If I hadnt drove 700miles to taunton to help organise a small south west tournament that put me out of pocket big style then there wouldnt be a gmc participating in your tournament.
I couldent agree more on that particular point. Thanks for that again man - I hope to do you proud when we play SDB in crews :p

Butyeah, I'm not one to lavish anybody with worship of any kind, but I highly doubt England would be even remotley competetive without you behind it. My lot have been gradualy improving for keking eons, but without the prospect of actual competition, and people to actualy play outside of our little vaccume we probably wouldent have got much further than we were at taunton.

Furthermore - this is compleatly the wrong topic/whatever, but Jam. Kirby/Shiek FoD MM Rematch >:O imma ****ing eat you. (Speaking of that - I need to get some of the footage of your trip to Yeovil up. My Kirby pwns >:D)

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
"Ed, Ed, he's our man if he can't pwn em, no one can" GOOOOOOOOO Ed, lol
Seem's like BB has a lot of learning to do in the respect side of smash....Nub.(Ooops Clears Thoat).
Bless, i think you put him down from like this Big Ed
( / / / / / / / / / / / /)
(/ / / / / / / / / / / / )
(/ / / / / / / / / / / / )
To something more fitting -
like this big
( / )
HA HA HA
Awesome, these threads are getting well funny man....
Props to Ed, the main man!

J03

Smash Master
i suppose, i mean dont get me wrong i lyk a bit of trash talk to get the adrenaline flowing but here BB organised a tourney for every1 (not tht others lyk kone havent had a hand in other tourneys coz they obviously have) but BB jus stated his opinion and ppl have jus been malicious and torn him 2 shreds coz of his opinion, i mean yeh mebbe ppl had a problem with what he wrote but there was no need 2 act lyk 5 year olds about it :S was there?

OverDose

Kone

Smash Master
Not acting like kids, just stating facts and sorting respect out. It was Bb being malicious to start with for no reason, the rest just put him right.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Well he wasn't really bein malicious, he just stated his opinion on one person running everything. Also Joe if you want to talk about people acting like 5 year olds try not to spell like them :p

J03

Smash Master
lol true, tis funny though i never spelt a word wrong in my life then between texts and the net its lyk one letter is either one sylabill or a full word :p .

also...yes, i thought tht BB's opinion was a well founded one but i too thought tht it was ill worded, and knowing BB given half a chance he would have apologized for tht i just thought tht there was no need 2 be so upset and defensive instead of a healthy 'i dont approve of ur attitude' retort.

that said however it does seem tht kone has a very healthy amount of respect around these parts and i imagine tht he has earnt it, i jus dont lyk the idea of slaughtering smash players when it finally looks like things are on the rise

(hows my spelling ^^)

OverDose

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Tut tut you missed your capital I's and what I meant is that you say "lyk" and "tht", Just annoys me slightly :p I'm not a fan of "chat" speak.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Agreed. Many apologies I really COULD have worded that better. To be fair, so could you. I didn't like the idea of one person saying what happens all the time and that was what it sounded like (to me) Probably not your intention but anyways let's leave it.

Sorry Ed.

J03

Smash Master
oh btw BB i was wonderin if u have any more vids or what not if so were to find them, id love 2 see what im up against, same goes for SDB, GMC and all other crews, hell anyone who considers themselves good lemme kno the location of ur vids (if ya got any)

thx OverDose

Kone

Smash Master
SDB will be releasing no smash vids anytime soon. Prefer to keep on skills underwraps. Will probably release a crw vid sometime near xmas as a present for y'all lol

np BB : )

J03

Smash Master
**** and here was me trying to b sneaky 2 find and exploit flaws XD

no harm in trying, besides u guys prob dont have any *sniff*...but if u do *shakes fist*
:p

thx OverDose

Twiggy_Ramirez

Smash Apprentice
GMC may possibly be releasing a short crew introduction vid within the next few months...most likely after AR infact as the outside footage will be tasty!
but ill link it up here when its out...

and yeh respect to BB for hosting Ar but Ed is the undeniable granddaddy of smash (if you excuse the expression) and more than deserves to be chairman or watnot; to be honest there is not too much power behind the title other than status...

still this league idea is awesome/ i think catchy names for each reginal tourney is appropriate.... any ideas??

J03

Smash Master
how about the SUPER DUPER, AWE-INSPIRING, ABSOLUTELY RIDDICIOUSLY NAMED TOURNEY FOR WHICH ALL SHALL REMEMBER IT AND ATTEND OR ELSE TOURNEY OF SPRING!!!! for the spring one...

mebbe just the SPAIARNTFWASRIAAOETOS for short

seriously good suggestion i think, its remarkably original... u lyk...?

:p

OverDose

grayfox

Smash Champion
I may not host any tourneys or really do anything for the community but if it wasn't for me the uk wouldn't have the best Samus in the world. Thats all ill say on the matter

monty06

Smash Ace
i dont know if they are or not. also i think we might hold a tourney here or a smashfest or summit in feb cos i hav a house empty for 3 weeks for smashers so *** and stay.
if any one is interested post and tell me so i can sort summit out

J03

Smash Master
second tht motion im interested too

and i know golfie n coey will b also

whoo go you, hooray go montAAAAYYYYY

also this is the perfect event for my tourney name known only as SPAIARNTFWASRIAAOETOS...for short ^^

add a HBM standing for hosted by monty :p

0verDose

monty06

Smash Ace
well at least people are interested i wont get stuff sorted out yet i will wait till after ar and ask people there and c wat they think

monty06

Smash Ace
yeah it will be empty for 3 weeks from the last weekend in jan.
well for names not sure and it will be in yeovil

J03

Smash Master
erm do u need a name for the actual tourney or for the spring slot?...or something completly different :S

either way could i have ur postcode plz mont?

thx

monty06

Smash Ace
well we will think of a name etc and my postcode is BA21 4RH
also should i start a thread for it now and get it ready early or wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom