• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rouse

Smash Journeyman
LOL, no, thats...oh, you knew that. ANYWAY, whoever u are , try and make it if you can :). Also Inferno, don't worry, i'm also 15, and i'm sorting out the entire thing.

Kone

Smash Master
no, it wont work that way. an individual needs to take charge himself and pretty much run it from there. he then gets friends and other smashers to help with tvs, cubes, helping picking people up getting them to venue, getting them to hosts places etc

it takes alot to start and tournament and complete it. it aint possible to try split everything over the net. also finance cant be solved yet. u need to find how much for venues then look at turnout. then u can work out how much to charge.

also the host has to think about getting people to places and moving cubes and generally helping at the venue. so u probs need friends to help. theres always plenty of people that get grabbed into helping that dont even play smash. their never appreciated enuff!

Rouse

Smash Journeyman
Feck. OK, looks like i'm the main man. Anyway, thanks kone, and, before we do anything, i'm gonna make a seperate post requesting a place for us to kip. If that deosn't work then we'll figure out where were gonna stay after we've got a place to have the tourney.

Rouse

Smash Journeyman
This tourneys starting to get on my nerves, :angry:, so i'd better sort it fast.

IF YOU ARE A LONDONER POST THE WORD BANANARAMA.

THANK you.

Rouse

Smash Journeyman
This tourneys starting to get on my nerves, :mad:, so i'd better sort it fast.

IF YOU ARE A LONDONER POST THE WORD BANANARAMA.

THANK you.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Dude, use the edit button, Multi-posting is highly frowned upon. Bringing extra controllers isn't nessecary, Just one for you. All tourney's are BYOC by standard nowadays anyway. Bring em if you like though, no-one'll stop you.

By the way, anyone going to Anarchy RUles this october. Please tell me if you can bring a cube or a TV or whatever you can bring. Everything is appreciated.

Rouse

Smash Journeyman
i'll tell you what, we'll find out where we should hold the tourney first. I'll see how close i can make it to a train station.

Kone

Smash Master
no offence rouse but i think your a lil too young to be holding a large tournament just now, especially since you will have major problems renting a venue. leave it upto someone else taking up the reigns

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
No offense "Rouse" but i agree with Ed on this one.....
Your young and naturally that is associated with immaturity and a lack of reliability.This may not be the case with you in the slighted but if you have to go along to meet the owners of a specific venue(more than likely) and they see and realise your only young they could very well make the assumption that your going to "flake" (nice terminology ed >_<) and then that would leave them in a situation they would very much not like to be in.
So like Ed suggested i would try and get someone above 18 if poss maybe 17 or above at a push to head up the tourny, but that doesnt mean you cant play an active role.

Rouse

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, you all make a good point. Alright i'll step down, but i'm still going to do everything i can without actually booking anything (which i intended to get other people to do in the first place, :p:). Anyway, who wants to take up the torch and go down and meet the owners and whatnot (preferably someone in London)?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yeah, I live pretty much just outside Tolworth, just in Surbiton. =p

RapE

Smash Ace
It Was Sweet Yeah!!!!! Whoooooooooo!!! Yeahz!!!!! I Love You Guys!!!!!

nesstee

Smash Apprentice
geeeeeeeez man, why must the london smash scene suck so badly huh? im soooo tired of rApIn my friends i need some new ppl to either whoop or get whoppeted by. i was soooo lookin forward to this tourney T_T. oh well. Sooooo....... anybody in london wanna invite me over for a smashing?^_^. i live in zone 4/5 and im willin to travel , just not too far. Add me on msn if u want. Coolbway@hotmail.com

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Does anyone here live in the south-west? (Cornwall, Devon or Somerset?) I would like to play Meele with some good players but I can't seen to find anything going on in this country. The USA seems to have the most SSB action out of anywhere eles in the world:(.

Benster34

Smash Rookie
yo IL DEFFINITELY come but i live in Aberdeen scotland but nvm il come and bring like 3 people

Benster34

Smash Rookie
Yo Man

Summer hols end on the 17.8.05 in Scotland if its like last year but personally i don't mind taking afew days off school for a tourney.
u in scotland too!!! yay i havent seen one yet either wat city u from

Benster34

Smash Rookie
ye well i play a lot and il kik ur butt!!! :D im gnna start coming to lots and lots of tournaments so hopefully c u and beat u there , btw wat characters do u use then i use falco,fox,marth,ganandorf,DK and PEACH

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Wo didn't realise this thread was revived, well I'm still looking forward to hopefulyl going to AR, my mum seemed against it by my dad said we could go up for the weekend, they seem to think the all staying in one house thing is wierd so they kinda against that.

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
Benster -
If you ACTUALLY beat ryan(Graysocks)
You can have my car! LOL
You say your gonna "START" coming to tournys, in the context that sentence can be taken i would assume you havent been to many if not any tournys at all.
Grayfox has.......NUFF said
And any true player doesn't main that many characters anyway.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
If yo ucan find any available in the area, I'll speak about it a bit more to my dad tonight, you neven know he might agree to me going up with thomas (my friend) Also once I get my vids up of me playing i'll have to send you them. Also Benster, i've never played or seen grayfox yet I KNOW he'd mop the floor with me. I main Falco, Mario, Boozer and occaisionally jiggs

Benster34

Smash Rookie
hmm well il post a vid some time of me playin but the thing is... i CAN play with those characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom