• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawl Tier List.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DADDY

Smash Cadet
ok listen up im gonna review the chars and tell u kids how to do this ****. my opinion could change as i play the game more, and probably will, so chill the **** out and let me nap. btw im posting this in mw forum cuz brawl disc is garbs and i dont even want them to learn about brawl.

fox - at least high tier. could possibly be top tier. nearly just as fast as in melee and still hella strong. tricky to play tho. shine is still good, VERY close to the same as melee.

falco - the only melee char that plays truely diff. but still good. at least high tier.

wolf - same deal as other spacies. all spacies are good in this game. shine is good, as are most of his moves.

ddd - top tier. theres a very specific way to play him and if you dont play him that way then your ddd is terrible. oh and im def not going to tell you how, lol. tied for best heavy char but would be the best if bowser didnt have his bs glitch.

bowser - top tier. and the only reason is his bs glitch. honestly theres going to be so many lame players who go him just b/c of the glitch and honestly after i beat this children im going to put them in a 15 min t/o.

pt - hardest char to master. hands down. each one has str/wkns. i didnt get to play enough of him to see how gg it got but it COULD get ridiculous. but i also feel he can get ridiculous'd as well. ivysaur is overall the best one.

peach - nerfed from melee. gg. plays the same.

marth - best in game. buffed from melee. plays the same.

cfalcon - plays the same, but is nerfed.

ness - buffed. mid-high tier. his fire is ridic and so are his other moves

lucas - same as ness but id say lower tier. his movement is wierd tho so u can throw people off.

gw - buffed. BIG TIME. he can be REALLY gg. his dthrow is ridic. be prepared for alot of old falco mains picking this char up.

metaknight - super balanced. can be very fast but has trouble killing. best move is upb hands down. high tier.

pit - the horizontal falco. is competing for "gayes playstyle" of brawl. but w/e he still gets fronzled

kirby - buffed, but still bad. hes like jigglypuff w/o the rest now. his combos are mediocre and not that scary tbh. superarmor ***** his ***.

pikachu - combine the gayness of 64 pikachu's moves and the gayness of melee pikachu's playstyle (camping) and you have one very flaming character. dsmash is ridic.

lucario - super lame. all he does is decent aerials. no tricks. no mindgames. nothing special. hes just another easy mode char.

rob - probably takes the crown as "most likely to be picked while drunk". bair and dair are for when you're so drunk you are totally incapable of spacing. his playstyle is purely camping and he is made of pure fail. laser is a joke.

wario - bike build 2 good. **** recovery tho.

mario - same as melee, except his **** is easier now so everyone can get his combos, even tho they still aren't good.

luigi - same as melee. that's all there is to say.

sonic BOOOOOM - like falcon, except hes faster on the ground, but slower in the air. ironically, his combos are all in the air so that's what makes him feel "weird". very hard to "master".

olimar - easily top tier. so much priority and str and spam its ridic. a super gay playstyle too. perfect for kishes, and their ONLY chance of winning, besides rob.

diddy - low tier. i dont care what people say, he has no combos, and banana is mediocre at best. recovery is ****.

snake - trixies madsies. the future of snake rests in remote+dashattack+jab. everything else is for lol/trix/mindgames.

samus - nerfed from melee. cant kill (except dtilt). cant camp either. if u lose to samus u did something wrong.

zss - a mix of marth and shiek from melee, but not broken. pretty balanced. could start getting good when people figure their **** out and get a real job.

link - still ****. thank god.

toon link - the new shiek. easiest char to play BY FAR and easily top tier. just spend 10 secs doing his moves and you'll understand

zelda - whoever "din" is probably made a ****load of money investing in that fire move cuz it got HELLA better. zelda is good now, dabear, no more johns are allowed.

shiek - didnt ever play her, but shes bad.

yoshi - bottom tier. same as melee but nerfed.

jigglypuff - the new pichu. takes 4 rests to kill. he/she is a joke.

dk - buffed. his playstyle is all bairs now and it works.

ice climbers - not sure on this one. they seem to be buffed in diff places and nerfed in others. idk seems kinda the same tier placement TBH. approach is hard now tho so u cant just throw out trails.

ganondorf - better. its all about jab+uair+forwardb+ftilt. everything else is secondary. plays pretty much the same too. has good recovery now (or at least better than melee)

ike - his only good moves are b moves. hes terrible. bottom tier. can start doing good if you forgot you were playing against ike.

LIST OF NEUTRALS FOR BRAWL
smashville
lylat
fd
bf
yoshi's island

ill update this with more if i feel like getting up off the couch, but sportscenter is on and honestly i had a long day @ work.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
I don't agree that ZSS is sheik and marth. She only mimics sheik in the following ways:

-Transforms from a slower character in a different outfit
-Is a girl
-downtilt
-back air

Those things aside, she's not really very much like sheik in terms of game play. Her grab is a grapple grab. Sheik's grabs were huge for her, and saying a character with a grapple grab is like sheik is kind of weird. My guess is that you're saying she's like marth because she has a ranged whip that can tipper. I guess that's pretty true, but her arial game isn't very similar to marth at all (except nair which is very similar). I guess I don't really see ZSS as being able to be lumped into any sort of "She's like X character from melee." She's pretty unique, and way hotter than any other characters too.

DADDY

Smash Cadet
I don't agree that ZSS is sheik and marth. She only mimics sheik in the following ways:

-Transforms from a slower character in a different outfit
-Is a girl
-downtilt
-back air

Those things aside, she's not really very much like sheik in terms of game play. Her grab is a grapple grab. Sheik's grabs were huge for her, and saying a character with a grapple grab is like sheik is kind of weird. My guess is that you're saying she's like marth because she has a ranged whip that can tipper. I guess that's pretty true, but her arial game isn't very similar to marth at all (except nair which is very similar). I guess I don't really see ZSS as being able to be lumped into any sort of "She's like X character from melee." She's pretty unique, and way hotter than any other characters too.
its not about how it looks its about how it plays. this is grown up talk son.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Link to Montage's character ratings in my sig. More informative, and a lot more in depth with characters. All characters tested, and applied in tourn play.

I won't say anything more.

DADDY

Smash Cadet
you mean with zss all you do is grab, dsmash,fair, and fsmash lol
if u think that's all shiek is then go play in the sandbox
Link to Montage's character ratings in my sig. More informative, and a lot more in depth with characters. All characters tested, and applied in tourn play.

I won't say anything more.
those ratings were terrible. i think montage needs to get off my lawn

dsmash for zss is a piece of ****
thx now go practice ur violin or ur not getting dinner tonight

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
nah the "grab and dmsash" part of that is a reference to how drephen plays sheik

and the fair and fsmash is the marth part

anyways ur IC's review is interesting, certainly harder to approach without wavedashing but that grab combo thing they have is pretty sweet

Tink

Smash Hero
its funy because you actually have played the game alot :p.

also, dude said that geedubya was low tier and thats just CRAZY. geedubya is going to be upper atleast for sure.

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
warios recovery is beast actually. use his bike then jump off it immediately makes his recovery more than twice as big as you think it is. and you can always use your precious fart in emergen-c's

DADDY

Smash Cadet
warios recovery is beast actually. use his bike then jump off it immediately makes his recovery more than twice as big as you think it is. and you can always use your precious fart in emergen-c's
it looks like bike build is even better than i thought. wait, do you play wario? here's a question to test if you really play that char. if you get a smashball and use your fs, what move do you NOT use adn WHY?

also tink, no one in the thread said gw was bad. i looked. still paranoid about those cops? cuz it's spilling over onto smashboards, rofl.

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
it looks like bike build is even better than i thought. wait, do you play wario? here's a question to test if you really play that char. if you get a smashball and use your fs, what move do you NOT use adn WHY?

also tink, no one in the thread said gw was bad. i looked. still paranoid about those cops? cuz it's spilling over onto smashboards, rofl.
this ones easy. you should never use your super bike because its simply WAAAAAAAAAAAY TOOOOOOOOOO FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
tinks talking about the tier list in that one guys sig. The gaw review starts with "Mr. Game & Watch:
He lost his parachute. His main form of KO is gone. ugh. Other than that, He's the same old G&W." and ends with "Rating: 6.5/10"

DADDY

Smash Cadet
this ones easy. you should never use your super bike because its simply WAAAAAAAAAAAY TOOOOOOOOOO FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok. you passed. with FLYING (pun) colors.

tinks talking about the tier list in that one guys sig. The gaw review starts with "Mr. Game & Watch:
He lost his parachute. His main form of KO is gone. ugh. Other than that, He's the same old G&W." and ends with "Rating: 6.5/10"
oh ok. ya i knew he was a scrub just by smelling his deoderant. he uses axe, needless to say.

okiyama

Smash Ace
hey dude why no caps an so much acronyms. lol gg w/ dat nvm bb.

This seems pretty accurate from what I played but the true teir list is for the back room to decide.

DADDY

Smash Cadet
hey dude why no caps an so much acronyms. lol gg w/ dat nvm bb.

This seems pretty accurate from what I played but the true teir list is for the back room to decide.
lol @ backroom. like seriously that made me laugh. id rather trust the neighborhood kids w/ making a tier list than teh back room.

ur a noob whjy did u make this thread the game isnt even out. next
lol joel ur a scrub mm?

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
Daddy doesn't have time to play brawl, and make accurate ratings either. Don't bother responding, your thread is full of fail.
It's funny because no one who matters takes you seriously. Go back to the brawl room with the rest of the scrubs.

See, this is why you can't have a decent discussion outside of the MW.

ShardZ

Smash Cadet
ur a noob whjy did u make this thread the game isnt even out. next
haha, you just failed at life and the internets. You're one of the few ppl in the country that has access to brawl within a reasonable distance but you go and post that. The thread with how & where you can play it is even in this same forum. gg

James Sparrow

Smash Master
its not about how it looks its about how it plays. this is grown up talk son.
I know, that is the point I'm trying to make to you. Nothing you've said so far makes me believe that ZSS plays like a mixture of Sheik and Marth. She can't spam grabs and doesn't have great aerial priority. Please explain to me how she, in fact, does play like sheik or marth with those two things in mind.

DADDY

Smash Cadet
I know, that is the point I'm trying to make to you. Nothing you've said so far makes me believe that ZSS plays like a mixture of Sheik and Marth. She can't spam grabs and doesn't have great aerial priority. Please explain to me how she, in fact, does play like sheik or marth with those two things in mind.
because you dont understand shiek well enough.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Alright guys, here's the deal. This stuff is better kept to Brawl discussion, so I'm moving it.

dmbrandon, don't come into threads to advertise your own, especially if you contribute nothing.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
shiek is bad? how can shiek be bad? every other post i have read has praised shiek...plus you haven't played her you claim, how would you know if she is bad or not?

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
This topic creator is a MORON. Period.

He tries acting like he's ****ing 40, but he types like he's 7.

Oh and your "TIER LIST" is complete bull****. Its based on your biased; and most imporantly INCORRECT. Odds are you dont even own the game.

Do us all a favor and before you use these forums thinking that you know everything about brawl; why dont you actually purchase the game before you do? Oh and, your adult act isn't fooling anyone. It triggers an exact opposite effect rather.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Yoshi nerfed?

Lol

Please, close the thread, you don't have any idea, really.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
TIERS DON EXITS!

No more of these threads please. They're rather pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom