• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bowser Chatroom and General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Is there any good cain grabs for bowser.

I don't think so but still if there is i'd like to know.
Bowser can infinite chaingrab Wario.

He can also chaingrab Lucas, Squirtle, Ganondorf, and Meta Knight to the ledge.

Every other character except for Yoshi and DK can be ground release chaingrabbed, which is really only a novelty.

Hixxy

Smash Apprentice
I was messing around in training mode with Bowser and Meta Knight, and I saw two things that I thought I should about here:

Does Meta Knight have a jab lock on Bowser at low percents by dash attack into jab? Does Meta Knight's grounded Uspecial (Shuttle Loop) work against Bowser's Ftilt like it does against Game & Watch's turtle?

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
I like to play defensive, and Bowser is the ultimate choice for that.

But a giant lizard doesn't die before putting up a fight.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
i was thinking of making a bowser stage guide and thought i post it here to see what people think anyways we would probably discuss one stage at a time then ill summarise and update the OP with it. What do you guys think?

Hixxy

Smash Apprentice
I was messing around in training mode with Bowser and Meta Knight, and I saw two things that I thought I should about here:

Does Meta Knight have a jab lock on Bowser at low percents by dash attack into jab? Does Meta Knight's grounded Uspecial (Shuttle Loop) work against Bowser's Ftilt like it does against Game & Watch's turtle?
No replies for 3 days.

Teh Future

Smash Master
ah but bowser's ftilt does beat whorenado

I do believe that meta does have a jablock, but I can't say for sure because the person might have been talking about pika. I can't remember. Either way, unless you're sliq, I don't suggest playing bowser vs meta, it's not fun. at all....

Also, Vex you gotta record some more of your matches, the ones against OS were intense.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master

Flayl

Smash Hero
Isn't jab lock referring to that situation where your character is lying helplessly on the ground and all the other player has to do to keep you there is hit you with a weak attack often enough?

ie Kirby can perform a jablock by footstooling -> FF'd NAir -> jab

But yeah if he's just talking about the inbuilt A combo then no, it's not a lock by any means

Hixxy

Smash Apprentice
It's quite easy to pull off at low percents by a poorly spaced Dtilt.

EDIT: But with quite a low reward as well.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Are you still talking about the jab lock? I thought you said dash attack could lead to a jab lock.

Hixxy

Smash Apprentice
With DI, Dash Attack > Jab is ~4% in jab damage, while Dtilt > Jab is ~6% in jab damage.

Hixxy

Smash Apprentice
I did testing myself and arrived to ~4-6%, but when I did it, it was against an unused controller, so it was a jab lock. In practicality, it's only ~4-6%.

Hixxy

Smash Apprentice
That's why it's rather pointless. At 0% with a Dtilt, Meta Knight would be much better off going for a Dash Attack > Dsmash for 23-36%.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Okay, so aside from Bowser's koopa klaw, what other moves does he have where he gains invincibility frames?

Flayl

Smash Hero
He doesn't have invincibility frames with the klaw, just super armor, like all other grabs.

He has invincibility frames in his UpB, but I don't which frames are those exactly. I've heard its the first 4 or 5?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
:( It just came to me ...
Think if Bowser had a Ftilt more like Snakes Ftilt ... *sulk*

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
holly wow! A thread I started got sticked... guess I'm moving up in the world. P.S. Sorry I fell off the face of the earth for a while guys, college is much more time consuming than I initially anticipated... T-T
Anyway, I've got a tournie I have been able to find tomm. So hopefully I can post later reporting a win. (I havent played in a long time so this MAY not happen) See you guys soon.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
THIS IS STICKIED?!?!???! Wow.

Anyway, I miss Bowser. =(
I want to make some vids of mine for memories and stuff.

They'll probably suck though. =P

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
found something, not sure where to put it so its going here

you know how the bowser bomb makes shields shrink really quick? well if you use both hits of it (going up and down) it'll almost always break the shield

Flayl

Smash Hero
Sounds like a good mindgame tool. Bowser's range for grounded bomb is inferior to his FTilt range, correct? Odds are the opponent wouldn't be shielding unless they're shield-grab happy... Does this work on Dedede?

And can't the opponent dodge/roll out of the way of the second hit? But yeah even if they can you will probably catch them not expecting it.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
found something, not sure where to put it so its going here

you know how the bowser bomb makes shields shrink really quick? well if you use both hits of it (going up and down) it'll almost always break the shield
The problem with this is that it wont work against somebody thats really good, Because the first hit doesnt give enough shield stun for the second part to hit the shield again unless they hold it, although I did this to velocity like 2 weeks after I picked up Bowser.

JOE!

Smash Hero
side b has slightly less range or equal I think

on the topic of SideB, i found a silly set-up for it:

Jab once->side B

same animation almost as 2nd jab, so most opponents will be tricked into shielding, and get caught :p

GorillaWarfare

Smash Rookie
First off, for those of you who don't know, DYLAN is a fictional rapper portrayed by Dave Chapelle in Chapelle's Show. That was the reference eyestrain was getting at. Second off, is there anyway to recover early from being footstooled as bowser? He falls for days!

Flayl

Smash Hero
So people are comparing D3's infinite on Bowser to Falco's lasers against ganondorf and I'm going mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom