• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bowser Chatroom and General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Jeez it seems like every board is suddenly discussing bowser. Also can anyone inform me on how knockback differs from utilt to usmash, it just seems to me that utitl does the same amount, maybe I'm just crazy.

Hixxy

Smash Apprentice
Utilt kills earlier than Usmash on ground level, but a sweet spotted Usmash (the upward spike) kills earlier than the Utilt. Utilt kills similar to Snake's Utilt (in terms of percentages) unless I am mistaken.

Phantom287

Smash Rookie
Just came to the forums and decided to check out the Bowser character discussion site. I'm new here, but I hope to improve and I hope my Bowser can be of service in some way.

If nobody hasn't already, I'll make a bowser website that discusses EVERYTHING Bowser related. People who have posted stuff about Bowser on smashboards will have priority in posting there topic. Example, the person who posted Bowser's match thread will have priority in creating it on the site. It will also have a chat, the same chat we use now on here. I think if the Bowser community would gather and discuss topic's related to Bowser much more closely, that we could definitely make a huge impact on Bowser's metagame.

The website will be made at latest by tomorrow, however I will not advertise it on smashboards because that is against the rules.

You're making a Bowser website? Is it done? Anything that might help improve myself is always greatly appreciated. :)

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Hey guys, just a question about Bowser vs Olimar match-up...
Who has the advantage?
Right now between my Bowser and my friend's Olimar, I've got 5 wins out of 6...
He's an all right Olimar, and I struggle against it with my mains, Falco, Fox and Captain Falcon. Generally my Bowser is nowhere near as good as those other characters, so does Bowser have some kind of natural advantage over Olimar that is causing me to win?
I would say Bowser out-ranges Olimar, and neutral b is godly against him, especially near the edge of the stage, where you could just go straight to an edge-hug and kill him quickly...

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
You're making a Bowser website? Is it done? Anything that might help improve myself is always greatly appreciated. :)
vex made it, but it died really quickly

no one has posted there since october

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
i have like 40% of the posts on the whole site hahaha. In all seriousness though we should try and get it active i check it every time i turn on the computer to see if any new posts have been made but sadly they never have

Phantom287

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, just a question about Bowser vs Olimar match-up...
Who has the advantage?
Right now between my Bowser and my friend's Olimar, I've got 5 wins out of 6...
He's an all right Olimar, and I struggle against it with my mains, Falco, Fox and Captain Falcon. Generally my Bowser is nowhere near as good as those other characters, so does Bowser have some kind of natural advantage over Olimar that is causing me to win?
I would say Bowser out-ranges Olimar, and neutral b is godly against him, especially near the edge of the stage, where you could just go straight to an edge-hug and kill him quickly...
I think I can answer this one. I've faced a few good Olimars and I can say that Olimar is one big pain for Bowser to fight.

Since Bowser's large, it's easy for Olimar to combo him. Those Pikmin he has are also a pain to get around. His smash attacks outrange most of Bowser's attacks. If Bowser's far away Olimar could always try picking away at him with his Pikmin from a distance, and if Bowser gets too close he's likely going to get grabbed by Olimar. Olimar's aerial game is not to be underestimated either; depending on what Pikmin he uses you could be in for a world of hurt.

The only chance Bowser has is if the Olimar player makes a mistake. Once he does, punish that ****** with everything you got before he can mount a counter attack. Don't give him the chance to regain control of the match or you might be hard pressed to retake it from him again. Gimping his recovery is also a good idea, but watch out for the Pikmin at the end of his lasso; you don't want to get yourself killed as well.

Fortunately, Olimar's a light weight too, so whatever hits you do manage to land on him, make them count.

Personally, I'd say Olimar has the advantage over Bowser. He has some good moves to deal with Bowser, but if the Bowser user shows patience and preserverance he might just be able to overcome Olimar despite his advantages.

vex made it, but it died really quickly

no one has posted there since october

I see, too bad, oh well, I guess hanging out here is just as well. I'm sure I'll manage to improve myself here; I just need to find some willing vic- er, opponents. :chuckle:

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
i have like 40% of the posts on the whole site hahaha. In all seriousness though we should try and get it active i check it every time i turn on the computer to see if any new posts have been made but sadly they never have

Hopefully Ill be giving it a big update by the end of the month along with my grab release thread.

Phantom287

Smash Rookie

Hopefully Ill be giving it a big update by the end of the month along with my grab release thread.
Well, that's good news. I'll be sure to visit it once I can reach the site. In the meantime, I should start incorporating those grab releases into my Bowser game. Handy little techniques, they are.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
By mandate of the SWF staff, all generic character chat threads are being closed. They attract spam and defeat the purpose of having an entire forum dedicated the related character. On top of that, there are social groups available for you "character chat" purposes.

Have a nice day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom