• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
I just literally can't comprehend people's misunderstanding of smash, especially Melee. There should be no question about its legitimacy given how ****ing advanced it's gotten.

I have actually heard of some dustloopers having started with smash though. Dacid apparently once mained Falcon XP

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm one of the few people here that grew up on 2D fighters and decided to learn competitive Smash on the side for fun...
That experience wasn't really bad, but not exactly entirely welcoming either.

Anyways, my interest in BB is slowly disappearing. :(
I'm playing it here and there to pass the time until GG online (which I'm still not convinced that it'll have decent enough online) and P4A.
Going to try and enter some locals to hopefully spark some interest again.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm one of the few people here that grew up on 2D fighters and decided to learn competitive Smash on the side for fun...
That experience wasn't really bad, but not exactly entirely welcoming either.

Anyways, my interest in BB is slowly disappearing. :(
I'm playing it here and there to pass the time until GG online (which I'm still not convinced that it'll have decent enough online) and P4A.
Going to try and enter some locals to hopefully spark some interest again.
Wanna play tomorrow sometime? Hope that fighting me can spark s'more interest. :(

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think it's honestly because I haven't been willing to try any new set ups or combos.
I kind of just play the same way I usually do lately.

But yeah, sure. I'll be on PSN tomorrow and we can play whenever I see you on.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I think it's honestly because I haven't been willing to try any new set ups or combos.
I kind of just play the same way I usually do lately.

But yeah, sure. I'll be on PSN tomorrow and we can play whenever I see you on.
I find that to get myself back in the mood with things, I just do Training Mode with random music on instead. Oh! Abyss mode will get you feeling up to fighting again too. Works for me when you get to buff your character so much.

Or you can try resets!

I've just recently started doing 6B -> 5C -> j.C -> so on and so forth combos for my midscreen because they look so cool. Even experimental mix-ups can really liven your game.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just literally can't comprehend people's misunderstanding of smash, especially Melee. There should be no question about its legitimacy given how ****ing advanced it's gotten.

I have actually heard of some dustloopers having started with smash though. Dacid apparently once mained Falcon XP
Your name is familiar.

I think my friend fought you on ranked using my tag awhile back.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
^ I am that friend.

P4U gets plenty of hate as well, maybe not as much a BB because of all the Megaten fans that are pretty hyped, many of which are probably GG fans that were disappointed with BB.

Populous speculation, hell yeah.

Skull Girls gets hate for being "all girl AH" nonsense, but get's love for being a slower looking shoutout to MvC2, which is pretty much an anime game but it's not because it's MAHVEL BABY?
I don't like p4u (so far).

I also hate how people have pretty much stopped caring about bb because of it.

but at least it's the new game so people will start raging at it instead of bb now because of the "omg change do not want" mentality the fighting game community is so good at.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'll admit, I've been getting kind of grumpy with BB lately.

I haven't stopped caring about it or anything, it's just that I feel frustrated with it lately. Last night, I was playing online with some local people, and I just couldn't adapt to anything or pull any combos off properly. Also, I respect people waaay too much. I lost to a mashy Litchi because I haven't played the match-up very much, and I don't know what I can punish, especially online. It just made me realize that there's so much stuff about the game that I still don't know, and it was kinda frustrating.

I still love the game though, don't get me wrong. Just a bad night, I guess.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I forgot to say, good games last night, GigaKlawz. Sorry I left, but the connection would sometimes turn weird for me. It would alternate from silky smooth to frozen for a couple of seconds and I wasn't sure if it was me, you, or the other guy in there.

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
^ I am that friend.

I don't like p4u (so far).

I also hate how people have pretty much stopped caring about bb because of it.

but at least it's the new game so people will start raging at it instead of bb now because of the "omg change do not want" mentality the fighting game community is so good at.
Yeah, I suppose I play on netplay a considerable amount. Usually I just get destroyed but I try and learn from it as best I can. What's your tag?

The problem I have with the game is I don't really know anyone else who plays it near me (except Jungle but neither of us usually have time to get together to play smash much less BB) so I literally have no matchup knowledge whatsoever, which is what I play online for, but sometimes it's hard to learn helpful information if a) it's really laggy or b) I just get destroyed and don't even really know why or how, other than I'm just worse at the game XD

I know some of Bang's combos (pretty good at just his regular 5B->2B->6C->j.D->236C->5C->6D->623B and my corner game is improving I would say), I just have a hard time knowing when I can keep pressure up (or how) and when I'll get ****ed over on block.

But hey, if any of you peeps are down to play more on netplay and give me some pointers, I welcome the ****.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I suppose I play on netplay a considerable amount. Usually I just get destroyed but I try and learn from it as best I can. What's your tag?

The problem I have with the game is I don't really know anyone else who plays it near me (except Jungle but neither of us usually have time to get together to play smash much less BB) so I literally have no matchup knowledge whatsoever, which is what I play online for, but sometimes it's hard to learn helpful information if a) it's really laggy or b) I just get destroyed and don't even really know why or how, other than I'm just worse at the game XD

I know some of Bang's combos (pretty good at just his regular 5B->2B->6C->j.D->236C->5C->6D->623B and my corner game is improving I would say), I just have a hard time knowing when I can keep pressure up (or how) and when I'll get ****ed over on block.

But hey, if any of you peeps are down to play more on netplay and give me some pointers, I welcome the ****.

I know entirely what you mean about having nobody near you, General. I have literally 2 people within an hour drive of me to play with, and both of them stopped playing regularly early into CS1. The next closest people are from Quebec, and it's not like I see t hem often, so like 98% of my practice is forced to be online because there's just no scene here.

Thino

Smash Master
I still care a lot about BB, I'm a beginner Lambda so far and I have plenty of things to learn be it from netplay or starting to join my local scene more.

P4U looks really interesting but I won't drop BB just for that.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
GGs this morning DualSeeker. I wish I had better connection speed tho.

Didn't know you posted on SWF :D

-SoulRoblin

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, some have. Since it was dropped from SBO there's already less of a reason for people to practice it. I'm almost certain now that BBR is over there's gonna be a significant drop in BB uploads/entrants from the japanese arcades.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I probably would've listened to your view more than anything said on SRK. :drshrug:

Crusayer

Smash Lord
FFFFF. Voice packs are freaking $6?!

._.

EDIT: Minato trolling me with them gold bursts ;-;. I miss the days when I could actually do combos in netplay lol

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Free 50/50 mixup, it's too late once I see it. :(

And every hit seems to lead to corner carry plus damage, so annoying.

vs. Rachel definitely feels like there is much less netplay shenanigans.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I have come to terms that I can't combo anymore.

I'm just gonna reset everything and throw instead. :|

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I get hit by some of the dumbest things.

Like that BBL, I tried to barrier block that. :(

so annoying.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Okay, I'm done, it's 1 a.m. over here.

GGs to everyone I played. I feel I did pretty well whenever I wasn't fighting Platinum.

I would have liked to win one game against Minato though. :/

Top Bottom