• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
You'll find with Mu's combos (more than other characters imo) that you require very specific hits to get stuff rolling combo-wise.

She can't really do anything off of her overhead midscreen, and if you do get a combo midscreen, it's usually something really simple, like 2A > 2B > 5C > 2C > 3C > stuff. Off of counterhits and in the corner is where you're going to get your big damage.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I know what you mean, haha. When they changed her midscreen stuff from CS1 to CS2, it was pretty weird.

But yeah, you can definitely get good stuff with her midscreen combos, but usually only off of counterhit stuff or air-to-ground stuff. Mu's all about getting people to dat corner~

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You know, I keep trying to think of another character to experiment with on the (probably low) off-chance that I'll wind up not liking Tao. I admit, I've probably narrowed it down to Arakune/Valkenhayn/Bang/Relius as I've already tried a number of the others through the rest of the games, Platinum just seems...ye-no by character design, and Mu confuses me.

So I guess my question is (and I'll throw Tao in there too since even though I've liked the little that I've played with her, I'm not going to pretend it's a lot), which of Arakune/Valkenhayn/Bang/Relius/Tao do you guys think best fits how I tend to play BB? I'm just asking you guys because well, you've probably played with me the most (unless you count a couple Montreal guys, maybe). And hell, as much as I'm going to stick with Noel as a main, as I get better, and all that, I sometimes wonder if the kind of playstyle I have isn't one that Noel herself best compliments, if that makes sense.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
HAKUMEN. :V

Nah, in all seriousness, it's hard to say. You never know who you might wind up liking, but based on what I see when I play you, maybe Bang or Relius?

But if you ever change your mind and want to pick up Mu, I can help. :3

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
HAKUMEN. :V

Nah, in all seriousness, it's hard to say. You never know who you might wind up liking, but based on what I see when I play you, maybe Bang or Relius?

But if you ever change your mind and want to pick up Mu, I can help. :3

Yeah, I was kind of considering those 2 anyway. I'll give Tao a fair shake, and have those 2 as a backup. Maybe spend some time on their combo missions to see too. I've heard that unlike most games, the Extend combo missions and stuff are actually practical and worth doing.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Platinum just seems...ye-no by character design, and Mu confuses me.
But you get to troll people all day with her.
So I guess my question is (and I'll throw Tao in there too since even though I've liked the little that I've played with her, I'm not going to pretend it's a lot), which of Arakune/Valkenhayn/Bang/Relius/Tao do you guys think best fits how I tend to play BB?
I'd say give Arakune a shot, actually. He might fit your style actually.

Side note, I haven't played BB in forever. Maybe I should play some today since I'm sure my skill has gone down. :ohwell:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I never knew you were a troll, Minato. :3c

I was thinking of putting some more time into Platinum. Maybe I'll do that if Makoto doesn't work out...

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Today is not a good day for Blazblue. My head feels like it's swimming through mud to decide anything, and I can't play well at all. >_<

On a semi-related note: **** Mu's 6c. I keep accidentally using it. >_>

And also **** the full 63214C motion. I keep missing it by trying a 214 only. :(

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah, I don't recommend doing Mu's 6C unless it's in a combo, haha.

Practice 63214C, it'll feel more natural the more you do it. I had trouble with it at first too. :3

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Haha, you can do it! Though you probably won't need to use it as much as previous versions of Mu, considering that it only breaks primers if you charge it all the way.

It's mostly combo fodder now, but I would practice it anyway. :3c

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Yeah, I'm going to do a session in training mode to practice it, heh. I play against cpu's too much, I think. >_<

And combo fodder is exactly how I'm using it, lol. I just keep dropping it.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs, Livewire.

I felt like I wasn't playing very well.

Skullgirls spoiled me with Melty style airdashs can be done after a double jump. :(

Lambda looks kind of fun though, I may continue with her but I'll need to learn some good combos.

I love the Justice palette. :3

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Rutger, have you tried her challenge mode combos? They're not great, but they give you a pretty good idea of what Lambda can do, and they're surprisingly decent for challenge mode combos.

I hear you about those airdashes though, seriously. :<

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I've gone through about eight of them, but I haven't really memorized them yet. I was kind of getting it though.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
GGs, Livewire.

I felt like I wasn't playing very well.

Skullgirls spoiled me with Melty style airdashs can be done after a double jump. :(

Lambda looks kind of fun though, I may continue with her but I'll need to learn some good combos.

I love the Justice palette. :3

Yeah, I remember when I briefly tried her in CS2 she was kind of fun. I unfortunately forgot most of the Tao stuff I knew in our casuals after and the first 2 matches where I was Arakune I completely forgot what his Distortions were.

That being said, sorry if my Arakune and Bang were pretty scrubby and a bit annoying. I kinda had well, no idea what I was doing there.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
He was trolling pretty hard last time I played against him.

/o\
In my defense, everything I do with Platinum will look like trolling even if I don't mean to. Astral combos, 5A pressure, and command grabs lol. Although when I gold burst, I really don't mean it as trolling. It pretty much gives my Platinum a safe reversal that I can combo out of. It's become a habit now.
That being said, sorry if my Arakune and Bang were pretty scrubby and a bit annoying. I kinda had well, no idea what I was doing there.
Well, if you ended up winning, there's nothing to be sorry about if it worked.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, but it feels weird winning with random jumps, nails, D-counters, and Pulverizing Fists. And don't get me started on teleport dashing and random cursing that I didn't even know could work.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Anyone interested in doing some BB tonight on PSN? I haven't played much, but a lobby beats doing training mode.

Edit: Never mind, found something to do. lol

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I guess now that I think about it, Minato's Platinum is pretty troll. An unintentional troll, but still a troll. :3c

I had someone tell me I was trolling them yesterday because I was playing a pink palette. What do?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, they were online, haha. Virtual Falcon punch? :p

Also, what's up with Hazama players on PSN? He has no DP, short range, and his offense is meh. But they are some of the mashiest players that I've ever seen.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, they were online, haha. Virtual Falcon punch? :p

Also, what's up with Hazama players on PSN? He has no DP, short range, and his offense is meh. But they are some of the mashiest players that I've ever seen.
It kinda comes with the territory I think because you have to be really fast on a bunch of his combos. That and his CS1 bread and butter was like the mashiest combo ever.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It's not a TRUE DP.

214D~B is in itself, a DP, as the flash-kick is frame 1-8 invincible.

However, the 7f stance startup prevents it from being a wtf Inferno Divider DP.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm not sure, but as far as I know, his only real anti-air is Sweet Chin Music.
That flipkick off of Serpent's Benediction can punish poorly spaced air attacks and generally unsafe stuff, but I wouldn't call it a DP. I was just joking around.

Sweet Chin Music should only be used as an anti-air if you're confident in nailing a Fatal Counter off of it. Same with throwing it around on whiffed grounded attacks outside of a combo, really.

Throwing it out at random usually doesn't end well for Hazama.

Also, what Raz said. Thanks for the frame data.

Smooth Criminal

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Just a quick question: how do you do a fatal counter? I was wondering at what the requirements for it are, as I have never seen one done, or have done one.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just a quick question: how do you do a fatal counter? I was wondering at what the requirements for it are, as I have never seen one done, or have done one.
It's landing a Counter Hit with a move that has Fatal Counter properties. So it really depends on which character you're using. Ragna's is 2C (down C), Platinum's is 6C (toward C), and so forth. FCs can also be specials or even supers.

Top Bottom