• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Hmm, okay. Thanks, that's very helpful! :bee:

I think the problem that I'm having is that when I'm playing her, I'm always really surprised that her normals are so short-ranged. It feels like they should be longer, but they're not. I dunno, it's weird. Rachel is weird. But interesting.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're welcome. :bee:
I hope it that wasn't too confusing. :S

I kinda just gave some examples because it's hard to explain what to do in general, because there are a lot of different situations you can cover because her wind gives her so much versatility.

But yeah, most of her normals have tiny range. Once you get used to working with her projectiles though, they make up for it.

Also I forgot to mention that you can always wind in without pumpkin, which is riskier, but also less expected which can give you a good pay-out. Both j.b and j.c are both good jump-in moves, though using j.c for that purpose can take a little getting using to. It has a very good hitbox but it's positioning is pretty wonky.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So, I messed around with Rachel a bit and I have a few questions. What are her pokes, and how do I play neutral with her?

That's kinda it for now.
Rachel's normals are slow and her mid range game isn't great. Her pokes are rather slow and lack range. 2A is there to either mash out or to start your offense. 6B is her "best" poke but not at all. It's only there for range and you can't follow up with much unless it's a CH (in Extend). 6A is there for anti-air.

You're going to want to stay somewhat far away to set up your stuff like george and your lobelias to where they can't punish you easily on your neutral game. You can play keep away but the point of this is to actually score a CH, inch them towards the corner, or put them into block stun. This lets you start off you offense.

Offense is where you want to be though since that's when her normals actually become useful.
So basically I don't worry about normals until I'm on the offensive/defensive since she's not a footsie oriented character.

Whenever you want me to, I can explain her offense and okis since that's where she really shines.
You're pretty much only at neutral at the start of the round, if you didn't do a successful oki, or if they did a successful burst.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Ah, okay. That makes sense.

I was playing against my boyfriend's Ragna, and I felt like I was trying to play footsies with Ragna (bad idea, obv), and it felt really unnatural. But once I got a pumpkin out and got him blocking stuff... feels good, man. Except then I got pooped on, because I don't know what the heck I'm doing.

Hmm, I'll mess around with her some more. I dunno if she's for me, but I'll give her a shot. Thanks again, to both of you. :3c

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Ah...Rachel discussion. I remember when I tried her for a little. I always wound up using the Wind entirely the wrong way and being all "oh crap, I can't combo now" after.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I actually kind of like them. Arc Systems/Aksys/whoever is terrible for teasing us with stuff like this since this pretty much confirms Kokonoe DLC, which I love, lmao.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, it's like how even though Noel B is cute and Rachel B's alright, I dunno if I'd get them. I'd rank the Kokonoe B one from that slightly about the Jin B(?) but a bit below Makoto B since it had me at "Negative Penal-waaah".

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I know what you mean. I'm on the fence about some stuff, but I might but one at some point. It just won't be like a "holy crap I have to get that Day 1!!" thing.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
So, it's Chipp Zanuff's birthday, that's pretty cool all things considered imo.

Anyways, I wanted to draw something for this, but because I have not tried to seriously draw something in years I am even worse then before. I don't think that's going to happen now, and that's a little sad.

So uh, Happy Birthday Chipp.

Oh, and I guess Siliconera has this article about BB's art with some concept art you may or may not have already seen. Check it out?
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/08/the-art-of-blazblue-part-1-concept-phase/

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
*successfully resists urge to make the single worst Chipp joke ever*

I will say the white, pink-haired Nu-13 concept is actually pretty cool, and I wouldn't have been opposed to them doing that. The one on the right actually kind of looks like Robo-(*coughNinecough*)Phantom, though.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Man.

But I dunno, I just recently got interested in this game again but I dunno if I wanna drop the money for it yet. There's like no scene here haha

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Can someone play me on Friday (before I have work) and Saturday? XBL/PSN, it doesn't matter.
I need to improve my Rachel, especially since BB Rev is coming up.

If I'm not feeling confident, I'd probably have to switch to someone else.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Minato, I might be able to play with you, it's just going to depend on how things work out on Saturday. That being said, I wouldn't rely on me to get practice in, and if someone else can do it, I'd go with them first.

Hmmm, well that just leaves me going "my...bad?", Lythi, lol.
Haha, well. Now you know.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I may, but I have to rush to get the last 2 missions done on my Mass Effect 2 run by Monday night or I'll NEVER get around to finishing it.

That, and I personally feel okay with putting CS2 to rest, and anxiously awaiting the arrival of CSX for some weird reason.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Cool, thanks guys. I'll just post on SWF whenever I have time to play on Friday and Saturday.
If no one is able to play during those times, then it's no big deal.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Looks like this is the DLC schedule for NA.

Kurushii on the Dustloop said:
Spoke with AksysGames_Bo on twitter about NA DLC. Here's the response for everyone:

@Kurushii First piece of DLC will be released the following week after release, with a DLC to follow every week after~
So basically like Japan's schedule was but starting a week after release instead of on. I do not know EU's schedule.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Let's play on 360 Friday or Saturday, Minato. I work at night, but we're on the same coast anyway so by the time I'm off it'll be about 9 PM for you.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can someone play me on Friday (before I have work) and Saturday? XBL/PSN, it doesn't matter.
I need to improve my Rachel, especially since BB Rev is coming up.

If I'm not feeling confident, I'd probably have to switch to someone else.
MEMEMEMEMEE!

I'm free all Friday... and if you let me play on Xbox I can actually Platinum.

Also I loved the scrapped character concept art, hadn't seen it before but saw it today when Zen pointed it out. I kind of which that badass hawk that was on Sol/Bang/Litchi mix's shoulder was still in the game, and the Makoto/Valk girl was interestin. Straight-jacket Phantom Nu was creepy tho... lol

Also that's cool they have a Kokonoe announcer... but honestly I don't give a rip about announcers in general. Count one more person on the "boy I hope that means Koko is coming someday" wagon.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I guess we can try Friday for XBL and then Saturday for PSN then. I get back from classes at 1:00 so I can play then, but I have work in the afternoon so I'm going to have to stop before 5:00. I won't be back until 9:30 PST. Saturday I have nothing going on but homework time.

But this is good, I want to get a lot of practice in. BB Rev should be my first BB tourney (if I managed to get a team ready).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm blanking out on movement and combos right now with Rachel in real matches :(
Time to grind out some more matches.

GGs though Spelt.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Kuraudo gonna skip out on the OFFLINE play on Friday.

Work johns@

:phone:
Truth be told, that might actually be the case. I couldn't switch my shift again. I honestly didn't expect this to happen twice in a row. Kinda annoying. I'll see what I can do, maybe get off work earlier.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs minato.
I wish we could've played more though. D:
Yeah, same.

I'm sad, I lost twice to a flow chart Mu on ranked. :ohwell:
But yeah, my movement and combos are really bad now. Worse than I thought. I need to fix this problem fast.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think you were just being a bit antsy.

You kept preemptively going into mixups on me even after you got the hit. Maybe just slow down and throw out a couple 2As first to make the hitconfirm a little easier. Damage doesn't really matter unless you get a meaty/corner hit anyway, especially in Extend.

Also you're scary in the corner. ;_; I couldn't get out.

Top Bottom