• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've been using Valkenhayn lately. He seems fun so I wonder why I didn't put any time into him like I did for Platinum and Makoto. I'm also trying to figure out Hakumen on the side.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
So, I was browsing through the list of online players, and if there's anything that's changed or out-of-date, let me know and I'll update it. I don't know if anything is, but still.

Or you know, when Extend comes out... ヽ(´ー`)┌

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
My mains are most likely to change when EX comes out.

I'm gonna main Noel.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I think I'll just wait for Extend, things are all up in the air right now for those that are not Tao.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I have played both Bang and Ragna in the past.

I'm very interested in Relius right now though.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been losing interest in Relius. :dizzy:
I'll still probably try him though.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I may only drop Noel for Rachel as a sub if she treats me nicely \o/.

Here's hoping I can grasp the wind mechanic easier this 2nd time around :I

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I use too many characters in CS2. I use Rachel, Hazama, Ragna, Platinum, Tsubaki, and Noel.

I finally got my Rachel back to where it was so I'm not going to go on another hiatus like I did for CS2 lol.
Everyone better watch out once I get used to the matchups with her.

Aside with practicing my okis with Rachel, I've been working on my Valkenhayn today.
When Extend comes, I'll probably be using Rachel, Ragna, Hazama, and hopefully Valk.

Platinum and Tsubaki I'll work on later. Noel... I don't really care for. Although I always pick up Noel later on in each game since she's too easy to use.
And my Hakumen still needs some more training before I start using him.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Easy to use, hard to master, lol.

I might actually try Valk, but I don't know. I'm semi leaning towards Bang and I'd be lying to say I won't try Relius, so I'll probably limit it to Noel and maybe those 3.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Oh, I see that Valkenhayn was added already.

Thank you Lythium. ^_^
No problem. :3c

I may only drop Noel for Rachel as a sub if she treats me nicely \o/.

Here's hoping I can grasp the wind mechanic easier this 2nd time around :I
Yeah, that's why I don't play Rachel. She's really awesome, I just don't get her wind mechanics. That, and I suck at wind management.

BUT SHE LOOKS SO COOL. D:

Easy to use, hard to master, lol.
Haha, I disagree with that assessment. Just look at SKD. :cool:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, that's why I don't play Rachel. She's really awesome, I just don't get her wind mechanics. That, and I suck at wind management.

BUT SHE LOOKS SO COOL. D:
I could teach you how to use Rachel though. She's actually easier than she seems.
In a way, I find all the different movement options in Hazama's and Valk's drives to be harder since there are so many ways to move about that people don't know at first glance.

You get most if not all of your wind back during a combo and oki though.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Umm....forgive me for asking since I've only been up half an hour and with 6 hours of sleep don't remember much, but who or what is SKD?
SKD is an American Ragna player. He picked up Noel halfway through CS2, and proceeded to body pretty much everyone in America.

I could teach you how to use Rachel though. She's actually easier than she seems.
In a way, I find all the different movement options in Hazama's and Valk's drives to be harder since there are so many ways to move about that people don't know at first glance.

You get most if not all of your wind back during a combo and oki though.
Hmm, I appreciate the offer, and I'll definitely think about it. I'll mess around with her a bit, and see if I can figure her out a little. I wouldn't want to sign up for lessons with Minato-sensei, and then be like, okay, I'm gonna play someone else now, haha.

I feel like I just don't really get Rachel though.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I honestly don't know how to play any other characters. I think I've come to the point though that I can never forget how to play Ragna, so I'm gonna try my hardest to use more then one character this time around. Interests include Hazama, Jin, Noel and Relius. Maybe Lambda.

:phone:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
SKD is an American Ragna player. He picked up Noel halfway through CS2, and proceeded to body pretty much everyone in America.

Hmm, I appreciate the offer, and I'll definitely think about it. I'll mess around with her a bit, and see if I can figure her out a little. I wouldn't want to sign up for lessons with Minato-sensei, and then be like, okay, I'm gonna play someone else now, haha.

Umm...that could just mean that the Ragna dude's just really good at picking up various people. You know, like 2GB.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ Minato: Dun worry bro: I'll Platinum hard enough for both of us. :p

And I'd take you up on that Rachel offer. I've always been mildly interested in playing around with her but I've never been able to find a decent source of information to get over the character introduction hurdles.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Umm...that could just mean that the Ragna dude's just really good at picking up various people. You know, like 2GB.
Could be. Also, 2GB's Noel was not as good in CS2.

But Noel's still pretty easy imo.

CS2 Noel is pretty derp \o/.

Extend makes her harder to get better.
I agree completely. You actually have to commit to your inputs now.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Gah, you and Crusayer are just terrible, messing with me and all like this. :urg:

I mean...CS1 Ragna an Jin were easy to pick up, and CS2 Lambda didn't give me any trouble learning. Hell, they were easier than Noel for me...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Haha, Rachel is weird at first. I even struggled trying to use her again during that last online session.
That was pretty painful trying to remember everything.
Especially with Crusayer's Makoto chasing me down.
I honestly don't know how to play any other characters. I think I've come to the point though that I can never forget how to play Ragna
Well, I hope no one ever forgets how to play Ragna. Midscreen it's gatling combos into inferno divider for oki or hell fang for positioning.
Corner is just corner combos. I think the only hard part for learning Ragna is seeing a CH (which everyone should learn for any character) and learning how many jCs and jDs to do to prevent blue beat Belial Edge.
CS2 Noel is pretty derp \o/.
Pretty much. After all, I did pick her up just for the 360 tourney.
And I'd take you up on that Rachel offer. I've always been mildly interested in playing around with her but I've never been able to find a decent source of information to get over the character introduction hurdles.
Sakaku did an excellent tutorial that you should check out if you ever want to use Rachel.
But yeah, I'm willing to help out you or anyone that wants to start using her.
I mean...CS1 Ragna an Jin were easy to pick up, and CS2 Lambda didn't give me any trouble learning. Hell, they were easier than Noel for me...
That isn't a good sign lol. Over 3 games, you should feel comfortable with using your main.
It might mean you aren't hitting training mode as often as you should or you're not trying out new things.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I think you misunderstood what I meant.

I meant that it was easier for me to initially pick up Ragna, Jin, and Lambda, than it was for me to initially pick up Noel. So yeah, it's not really a bad sign I don't think.

Granted, some of that could be attributed to that when I picked up Noel, was in CT and I didn't know anything about the gameplay mechanics or whatnot and how in CS2 I knew a lot about how it worked to pick up Lambda, but still.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ah, I see. My mistake then. Out of the roster, Noel and Ragna are the easiest to use for me.
Ragna can pretty much do anything in a simple way while Noel's Drive is helpful for new players to learn combos.

Other than that, I think that Noel's reward over a random opening is just too good for new players.
That was one of things that made it easier for me to pick up Noel.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
For newbie levels that have no idea what they're doing and mash, 3C 22BBBBBB is so broken lolol

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Haha, I remember when people used to do that in CS1. So much derp.

I dunno, in my opinion, Ragna, Jin, Noel, Lambda, and maybe Platinum are all pretty easy to play. But difficulty is relative, I guess.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sakaku did an excellent tutorial that you should check out if you ever want to use Rachel.
But yeah, I'm willing to help out you or anyone that wants to start using her.
Mind pointing me in this guide's direction?

And Noel was and still is my worst character... hard.

I know: I'm weird. I just can't play as her she's like... janky to me. It doesn't work. *shrugs*
Same goes for Jin to a much lesser extent, he's probably my 2nd worst. Too many dash cancels and too much hitstop

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Tager is also pretty easy to play.
That's true, I forgot about him.

Probably since my first reaction to a bunch of stuff I should be laughing at is to get defensive and be like "she's not a noob character, are you crazy?!!", and my reaction to the criticism thing, lol.
I guess, but Noel is a newbie-friendly character. And it is easy to do well with her, especially in CS2. That's all there is to it. Haha, I don't think it's anything worth getting defensive over.

But all the other characters that I mentioned are also pretty newbie-friendly. It's not necessarily a bad thing to play a simple character. And a character can be as deep as you're willing to make them. I mean, I enjoy playing Noel, but I didn't like certain aspects of her design, so I switched to Mu. And playing Noel for as long as I did was a good stepping stone to playing (what I consider to be) a more difficult character. But that's just me.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Oh man, that new Rachel combo vid with the reverse wind slide -> george activation was so shocking awaesome.

I want to learn Rachel @_@.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Probably since my first reaction to a bunch of stuff I should be laughing at is to get defensive and be like "she's not a noob character, are you crazy?!!", and my reaction to the criticism thing, lol.
Well, it's good that you realize that it's nothing to be defensive over. But that also means that you can try and work on not letting things like that get to you too.
Once you get past the whole defensive thing, I also think you'll improve as a player.

I mean, I'm hoping you can get past it so you can start utilizing all the tips and stuff we've been giving you in this thread on how to improve your Noel, haha.
Mind pointing me in this guide's direction?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoA0IBDQSXc&feature=player_embedded

I know they have a lot of combos, but you really only need to remember like a few crucial ones.
Basically anything that leads to an okizeme you should have memorized. Ending a combo with them high up in the air and hit by a sword iris isn't recommended unless you're planning on doing Baden Baden Lily right after or they're about to get KOed from the sword iris.

Edit: @Crusayer I remember seeing that in a random a-cho vid or something earlier. Definitely looks stylish.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Smexxxy...

And thanks! That's just the sort of basic info I needed to test the Rachel waters. I thought about it in CT back before I was adept enough to actually DO anything of hers, but then CS hit and I decided to spare myself from trying her considering...

EDIT: Ahhh the possibilities are opening up to me... 'Tis truly a golden age of BB for me yea? Soon I'll have much more free choice in character selection

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
So, I messed around with Rachel a bit and I have a few questions. What are her pokes, and how do I play neutral with her?

That's kinda it for now.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
6b/2a
mostly 2a.

those, 6a, pumpkin, and lobelias make up most of her neutral game.

Pumpkin you can use to get in (wind + dash/airdash) or you can use it to stop approaches, usually while summoning other projectiles.

As in, if you're on the ground and summon pumpkin, then george, and the opponent tries to jump/airdash/dash in on you, you can wind the pumpkin at them while you summon george and protect yourself against the incoming attack.

Same situation applies if you summon pumpkin in the air. You can 1d/2d/3d it down at them if they run at you, and combo after it. If you're father away you can wind it at them again and dash to get the combo going.

b/c lobelia are good anti-air tools, while a lobelia can stop dash-ins.

If you B lobelia expecting the opponent to jump in and then they dash at you instead you can 1d/2d it back down to try to hit them out of their dash.

Top Bottom