• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
For me it's not that Platinum is bad at rushdown or anything, it's more the reference to her being a rushdown monster. In a game where every character rushes down in one way or another, she's hardly the scariest.

I mean, probably the closest thing to a non-rushdown character in this game is Hakumen and that's just because he tends to wait a while before he rushes down.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Fifth? That's pretty good, Lythium. And yeah, the Tager matchup really sucks for Noel... XD

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I went Mu for the second match because I thought my chances would be better, but I think I actually did better as Noel. :I

Seph, who do you play? :3c

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Those matches were good, but the commentary was ********.

"Nice, nice, nice, nice.
Nice.
Nice DP.
Nice ... nice.
Should've picked that up.
Nice nice, nice nice nice."

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Jin and Hakumen.
With Jin, you have to be very careful. A lot of Jins make the mistake of playing too wildly, but you have all the tools to play relatively safe, so be patient.

With Hakumen, learn to block. Don't use counters often. Poke at max range.

Those matches were good, but the commentary was ********.

"Nice, nice, nice, nice.
Nice.
Nice DP.
Nice ... nice.
Should've picked that up.
Nice nice, nice nice nice."
Haha, I know. They had better commentary for some of the matches with other players, but I think they were trying to be polite because we were guests.

There was a match where they kept yelling "exposed" over and over.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Check out the combo threads on Dustloop. As far as learning them, training mode and practice. You can give challenge mode a try. Some people really like it, but I've never found it particularly helpful, just aggravating.

Take things one step at a time when you're trying to do stuff like that.

Beginner
1. Learn basic combos
2. Learn what moves your character likes to use most often
3. Learn to combo off those moves
4. Learn basic pressure

Intermediate
1. Learn hardest variations of basic combos
2. Learn situational combos
3. Absorb the concept of spacing
4. Improve pressure
5. Learn matchups, the ones you'll play the most (all the common characters or whoever your friends use)
6. Improve hitconfirm

Advanced
1. Master matchups

Also, it's tedious, but check out the terms in the system guide: http://dustloop.com/guides/bbcs/systemGuide/systemGuide.html

It'll help you understand the game better. :3c

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Check out the combo threads on Dustloop. As far as learning them, training mode and practice. You can give challenge mode a try. Some people really like it, but I've never found it particularly helpful, just aggravating.
... Yeah, I can't stand challenge mode. When I'm trying to do a difficult challenge mode combo (i.e. all of them) and find an easier way to do one in the same position that only loses 200ish damage, I don't see the point of the mode. :/

I've been trying to do Noel's challenge mode for 2 days, but I've only finished the first two. :(

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I wouldn't recommend challenge mode in order to learn what to do with your character or anything like that, but it is an excellent way to improve your technical skill if you have trouble with that sort of thing. Go through everyone's training mode and you'll also have a better idea of what their moves do.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Well, right now my main weaknesses are dash cancels and cancelling noel's drive 5c with a jumping 5d. I just can't do either of them. :(

I also just realized that I'm better with Lambda right now. Time to get back on my Noel!

:phone:

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Yeah about that friends thing. I only got like 2-3 friend who play BBCS offline. One is a Tager the other 2 are Noels...

:troll: Ragna?

Im a douche though.

I can Tager the Tager or Hazama him

while the 2 Noels I just go Rachel and use 2C, when they spam Drive moves

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I really meant how to combo and follow things through.

I also know 0 technical terms in BlazBlue.
Be sure to do the Tutorial that the game has. From what I remember, it covers a good amount for those new to fighters and BB in general.
Well, right now my main weaknesses are dash cancels and cancelling noel's drive 5c with a jumping 5d. I just can't do either of them. :(

I also just realized that I'm better with Lambda right now. Time to get back on my Noel!

:phone:
Just take it one step at a time. I had a tiny bit of a problem on the dash cancels at first. I fixed it by just trying to buffer a dash as early as I can to see what was the earliest point I could dash. If it didn't come out, I'd change my timing little by little.

For the jumping j5D, just try to be conscious of it and practice it in training mode. You don't have to hit j5D when practicing, just focus on getting in the habit of jump canceling first, I guess and slowly apply the attacks after that.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It also helps to remember that before the j5D, you actually should do the 9 command to jump instead of the straight up 8. Stupid of me to say, I know, but just trying to help.

kr3wman

Smash Master
forgot to say hello at foonzo on tuesday lythium!

and goodbye too, but you know!

I'll be trying to learn Tsubaki when CS2 hits.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh hey Lythium, I didn't even notice you were back yet because I've been finishing up exams these past couple days. Good job on beating Nini in Noel mirrors, since his Noel's no slouch. His Makoto is just a different breed entirely though. I shudder thinking of how he's going to do in CS2 when Makoto's top tier. Did you guys get to talking Noel strats? Just curious, since always love hearing about ones to try, lol.

Also, out of curiousity, did Kirbster happen to show up? He's a really cool guy too, and was probably the first person from the Montreal crew that gave me the chance to chill and do some games/grab some food with 'em while my Ottawa peeps were either playing MvC3 or doing Brawl stuff at the GO bit in February.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Does that mean he's gonna go Platinum then? Or is he just going to wind up playing Noel? I'd kinda hope not, since well...I'm wanting the be the GO-Noel, lol.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, right now my main weaknesses are dash cancels and cancelling noel's drive 5c with a jumping 5d. I just can't do either of them. :(:phone:
What Minato and Livewires said, but also remember that dash cancelling is weird in BB, and buffering dashes even more so. You can't really buffer the next move because of the way normals work in BB. Just keep practicing, and I know you'll get it. It was probably the hardest thing I had to learn how to do with Noel so far. :3c

As far jump cancelling j.D, once you get a feel for it, it's pretty natural. You might not be cancelling early enough? Practice it in the corner first, and then try midscreen.

forgot to say hello at foonzo on tuesday lythium!

and goodbye too, but you know!

I'll be trying to learn Tsubaki when CS2 hits.
Haha, I wasn't sure if that was you! I thought I heard someone call you kr3wman, but then I wasn't sure, etc, etc. We should play next time I'm in town, which I'm sure will be after CS2 goes down. :3c

Oh hey Lythium, I didn't even notice you were back yet because I've been finishing up exams these past couple days. Good job on beating Nini in Noel mirrors, since his Noel's no slouch. His Makoto is just a different breed entirely though. I shudder thinking of how he's going to do in CS2 when Makoto's top tier. Did you guys get to talking Noel strats? Just curious, since always love hearing about ones to try, lol.

Also, out of curiousity, did Kirbster happen to show up? He's a really cool guy too, and was probably the first person from the Montreal crew that gave me the chance to chill and do some games/grab some food with 'em while my Ottawa peeps were either playing MvC3 or doing Brawl stuff at the GO bit in February.
Nini and I didn't talk much, but we had some really fun matches. I'm kinda disappointed that our Noel matches weren't recorded. They were just casuals, but they were pretty epic. And yeah, his Makoto is scary. Like, straight-up, legit, don't ever let him CH you ever, get you in the corner ever, because the match is over.

And yeah, Kirbster was there, he's a super nice guy. We had some pretty good matches, though his Rachel destroyed me. His Ragna is super amazing too, but I feel like I did better against it than his Rachel. :p

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Cool, I just thought I'd ask. Didn't know Kr3wman was going either, but oh well. I don't know why, but vs Rachel matches ALWAYS annoy the complete and utter piss out of me. Like for whatever reason, I just feel I can't do anything, which is weird since she's so low on the tier list.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I understand. I don't get annoyed by Rachel matches, just perplexed. I don't understand how her character works at all. Oh well, no one in this game is fun to play against!

Also, we had this weird moment, where I was playing Mu, stuck in the corner, he was pressuring me, so I did her CA, and it clashed. I've never seen a CA clash before. :I

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
IMO, that depends on who you're playing AS.

I have plenty of fun against most characters as Hazama. :p

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
ugh stupid flying swords ugh stupid command throws ugh stupid george ugh stupid doll ugh stupid wind ugh stupid ice card ugh stupid bugs

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
True. Rachel, Noel, and Tsubaki players don't like playing against anybody pretty much. lol
Oddly enough, I actually don't mind playing against Carl and Taos. Even some Jins aren't bad as since I secondary him, it's alright understanding how he works. Makoto is hit or miss for the same way, it's just...when they're good, they're well, really good.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Most I don't mind, to be honest.

I don't care much for playing against characters with ridiculously long combos. And I just don't like Tager because he's a stupid gimmicky character, but not in a good way.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So yeah, I just found like a 10 page document of Noel combos/notes for CS1 and feel like a moron for previously thinking Optic (A) and Raid semi-looping combos would never work.

Top Bottom