• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
What, for just to look at? Or as a Sonic main. lol

I switch it up because I don't care much. But hey, at least it's not black or gray.
it's quite hard on the eyes. always stay away from dark colors on here.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
If I have to highlight text to see it, that defeats the purpose of using colored text.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
and it's also really bothersome...
i generally just skip over posts i can't read.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Oh god damit.

The combos I've been practicing on the past while against litchi doesn't work on ragna.

;-; Back to the old combo I guess.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Wut.

I've been playing makoto haha. I wanted to play her way before CS2 was announced. Just didn't want to drop $10 early on when I wasn't as interested in BB.

Also playing her because I watched tsujikawa play :D

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
My guess is that the tourney's this weekend and she hasn't been heard from because she's at it. And oddly enough, I've found randomly I've just been dropping things I never would have before, while picking up things never would've tried...why can't I just keep old things and get new stuff? Guess I'm really rusty then.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My guess is that the tourney's this weekend and she hasn't been heard from because she's at it. And oddly enough, I've found randomly I've just been dropping things I never would have before, while picking up things never would've tried...why can't I just keep old things and get new stuff? Guess I'm really rusty then.
I have that problem too, especially in Guilty Gear. It probably means that I don't play enough enough where it becomes second nature on some things. :ohwell:
It really sucks relearning things that you've already done before.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, it's so frustrating when you're like "I KNOW this! I've done it 100 freaking times before!". Like, I'll randomly drop part of a Noel combo (I picked it up and the first time I dropped the freaking Muzzle Flitter part of the combo, THAT'S embarrassing), and I forgot the 2D part of a couple of Jin combos. Not a good feeling.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Wut.

I've been playing makoto haha. I wanted to play her way before CS2 was announced. Just didn't want to drop $10 early on when I wasn't as interested in BB.

Also playing her because I watched tsujikawa play :D
Ah, well, everything Makoto has works on everyone, pretty much. It's just either tighter or you need a lvl2 drive in there somewhere on certain characters.

Also, it REALLY hurts to try something and then look at yourself play and be like, "But I was so much better back then!" And then you try telling whoever you're playing why you're so rusty right now and they're like, "Yeah, I understand," but really you know they think you just suck. -_-

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, of course the odd time you look at your old replays and are all "man I sucked", which is normally the good thing. And oh lord, with the CS2 tierlist, I'm freaking shuddering to think how the Montreal Makoto main that always comes out is going to do. Oh, that'll be fun...Well, at least Noel being high A/S helps, haha.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So I guess it's you, me, and Minato then.

Also, I'm still loving Litchi. I've come to realize that it's not necessarily the playstyle is the deciding factor, but the feel (no pun intended) you have with the character. It's all synergy.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Character love is all that matters imo. I never really cared about how a character plays, it's more fun if I like the character.

Of course I always end up picking the character with crap health anyways. :/

:phone:

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Character love is all that matters imo. I never really cared about how a character plays, it's more fun if I like the character.

Of course I always end up picking the character with crap health anyways. :/

:phone:
Thats not how it works for me. I HAVE to play a RTSD, aggressive character that comboes a lot.

Like, if I chose just off of character i would be playing Sim in SSF4 and i wouldn't enjoy that at all.

Characters tend to grow on me when I really like their style though (like Viper, Platinum, and Wesker).

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
So is that May date confirmed for US as well, i remember it being only for Japan or something like that.

I really want CS2, bb is my favorite fighting game :)

and my first one too :0

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So is that May date confirmed for US as well, i remember it being only for Japan or something like that.
Yep, Aksys mentioned that we'll be getting the patch in May.
Thats not how it works for me. I HAVE to play a RTSD, agressive character that comboes a lot.

Like, if I chose just off of character i would be playing Sim and SSF4 and i wouldn't enjoy that at all.

Characters tend to grow on me when I really like their style though (like Viper, Platinum, and Wesker).
I'm the same way. I'll rarely go for characters that don't rush down unless it's a secondary or something.
As for style, I really liked how Rachel played and I love how well she rushes down too, so it was a win win for me.

So I guess it's you, me, and Minato then.
Scamp too, if he's still planning on using her.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, we're getting it in may.
probably early may for japan and late may for us.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yep. I'm playing Platinum and prolly no one else. Maybe Makoto if I get bored.

The coincidence of this game coming out in May because I would totally use her.

I'm a little confused about Platinum being considered a rushdown monster.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
From the videos I've seen, I wouldn't say she's a rushdown monster either. That's more in line with Makoto.

IMO, Platinum is just a rather versatile character with good offense, but poor defense.

And I have a question for you guys. It says on Dustloop that Litchi can't special cancel from normels with her Itsuu/41236D. Does this mean that her
-5B > 2C > itsuuA > 6kote > haku > hatsu > riichiA > ippatsuA > ippatsuB

is no longer possible in CS2? If so, good because I haven't mastered that BnB yet.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Are you guys serious? All Plat does is try to get you in the corner and rush you down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VUp2PRgDrY&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GfEDLTcGow&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGQD4WHcumw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN5yV2MUGwI

And Plat is absolutly nothing like Faust. Aside from the random items of course.

And while she can zone pretty well, she seems to zone in order to rushdown. idk shes seems really aggressive to me.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hm... I never considered Platinum to be rushdown. But thinking about it, she can be pretty aggressive and in your face with her mixups.
Once she's in, she can put some solid pressure and open up characters.

Maybe Platinum's moves and abilities allow for different play styles, I guess.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
She can zone her *** off but her zoning is based off of a random factor, which a lot of people (including me) don't like relying on. But from what I've seen (thats not the only Platinum I watch, he's just the best imo) Plats shoot the missiles in order to get in, shoot the bombs for mix-ups, use the bat for combos, use the hammer for breakin primers and combos, use the fryin pan for mix ups (that **** is FAST), and I've barely seen the cat, I've seen it used for combos but that's about it.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Nice the patch is for May then, cant wait. You guys know any other sites that post tournament listings for Blazblue other than Dustloop?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I wouldn't say that Platinum is a rushdown character.

And I'm baaack! Fifth in Montreal! :3c

Played against LK, that guy is way too good at fighting games. Though I did take a round at one point, and made him scared enough to run away for two matches. Feels good. Also, beat Nini in Noel mirrors, but his Makoto is boss.

Montreal is a cool place. :3c

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Okay, here's a vid of me losing to my boyfriend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMHtui4JVcg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

And here's one of me losing spectacularly to Brice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_98LpSFDhcs&feature=related Though in my own defense, it was my first match of the day, he's really good (placed third), don't know the Tager match-up, playing on CRT, etc. Blah, blah, I get destroyed. DESTROYED. It's actually pretty shameful.

There's more, but that's it so far though. So, you can watch the vids where I suck, and get eliminated, I guess?

Whoo. :3c

Top Bottom