• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
Someone help me too! I know some of them...add more if they play more on a regular basis pls.

Christian FL
Darkatma MO - Peach, Sheik?
Goonsquad MI
Max Berger MN
MDZ | MattDotZeb MA - Falco
Oro?! - Falcon?
Razor PA
SupaDragonYoshi MI - Yoshi
Yardo OH
Ziggy ON

Xatic

Smash Lord
Anyone want to go to Youma that still needs a pass? Spartakick can't go and got screwed out of his refund so he's looking to sell his 3 day pass.

PM me on here or message me on skype if you're interested. (daywalker562)

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
I hear Jono is throwing $100 mm bets against my boy trustcarthy from the UP is smash 64. Did you guys know about this hype?

trustcarthy won a $5 mm with their mains, and Jono today challenged him to a 12 character battle for $100.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
A majority of teh Brawl people prefer standard format and not playing without top tiers. You are essentially catering to the small % of people that play bad characters and are forcing the players who don't use those characters (people that play Tiers S+ - B) to play in an environment they are not strong in.

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
Yes, and because standard is available basically every other weekend, I wanted to give a different format a chance.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Why would running Brawl mid-tiers hinder the tournament as a whole? Correct me if I'm wrong, but knowing that it's Maestro who is hosting, I'm pretty sure P:M is intended to be the "main" event.

What's The Point

Smash Master
But the root of all this is competitive. Anything but standard is not competitive in the real scene. Nobody cares who would win a mid tier tourney. So it's basically just a smashfest that's far from everyone.

Brawl midtiers doesn't hinder anything. Lack of actual Brawl or Melee hinders the event. PM is not a standalone game. Most of it's entrants are Brawl/Melee entering a side event. Some people will show up but maybe half the number if you had an actual smash game.

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
Well if it suffers too much, I'll change it for next time. Mostly, I'm worried about time since it's my first tourney (besides Ranbats 2).

W.C.N

Smash Lord
I'm glad there's a mid tier, it's not like oris going to have it,
And from oris post I'm getting that the same people who win at every tourney are scarred they can't win without their character carrying them.

Your guys attitude is why we only have 1 active brawl tournament series and like 5 pm ones, anything beyond the norm and you won't support it, pm seems to try to support itself as much as possible.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
In my opinion, I would love a more laid-back local because competitive has been too stressful for me.

Yeah, competitiveness is good, but not all the time. Sometimes a laid-back local could be for the better.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm still going to the tourney DRDN and I plan on winning it regardless :p

To counter your point on characters carrying them, i'm sorry the people who are ranked in this state have put hours upon hours into practicing and honing their abilities with 1-2 good characters to make themselves a threat rather than 33 other characters and being mediocre.

Top Bottom