• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

What's The Point

Smash Master
I still might go if **** gets sorted out and it's decent housing, though Ally and MJG would cover that by themselves. But I wouldn't want Rob to lose 2 people's worth of gas money.

You need to stop including me in these plans though. I said maybe once like two weeks ago and said another maybe if JTSM wanted a car spot filled earlier today.

Edit - Damn, I spent 7 minutes on this post. Rob, I imagine Thugz might give you a bit of money to switch cars and I'd probably give you some since I'm rich and all.

Is there a third person in JTSM's car or is it only Ally? Cause it's sounding like you guys could all take Rob's minivan.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'd be willing to take the minivan, but there's still the separate transportation problem once we get to Toronto. I'm not being mean, I just can't make two additional trips at the beginning and end of each day throughout the weekend to drop off or pick up people who are housing in different places. Think about how quickly those trips would add up in terms of time and effort; Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday night, Sunday morning, Sunday night, Monday morning.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Well my assumption is that everyone would just take the same housing. It sounded more like Thugz/MJG just wanted to house with Brawl players and not a space issue or anything with where you are housing. But as the driver you could just say **** them and that they take your housing.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I've found housing.

We're with Mprime which lives next to Mr L (Where Mjg + thugz would be staying)

it's not that I wanted to steal ppl away from Rob but it's more convenient for them to come with us. since theyd get a ride too.

Mprime can house 4 people. right now it seems like it would be Me JStm and WTP if he comes. Fzk if you came we'd be four, it wouldn't be too bad then.

Rob = 5 ppl

Ours = 4 ppl (if wtp and fkz come). gl to thugz and mjg tho, it will be expensive for 2 days round trip, be assure you're looking over 45$ on trains or bus.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
It's not like I'm dropping ThuGz and MJG off on the street, lol.

Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday night, Sunday morning, Sunday night, Monday morning

I'm just making them responsible for finding transportation to/from the venue for those middle four. Any car leaving from Mr. L's place would take care of that easily.

What's The Point

Smash Master
MJG and Thugz are housing where ever Juggleguy is housing. I don't see how they are getting a ride to some other place, especially since I think Juggleguy's housing is a bit away from the venue and/or where they want to house. This is a thing you should already assume will happen and have planned for.

Alternatively, if they go with JTSM somehow, please JTSM do not separate your car. It will be extremely annoying to be responsible for two separate groups of people while you are out in Canada. Frankly whoever takes MJG/Thugz should assume they will take the same housing because splitting people in your car is the most ******** thing.

Honestly this is pathetic. JTSM apparently never got housing and only found something that couldn't accommodate his entire car. Housing first and assume a full car, or at least more than two people. Juggleguy is agreeing to drive people to Canada but not to where they are being housed. Do not ****ing take people to Canada, who you are then responsible for, but then don't drive them around to the place where they'll sleep. Either make them take your housing or tell them they can't go. Ally is trying to make plans around all this and probably just making it worse because he's asking for housing for 3 or 4 but it's actually going to be 3 or (more likely) 5 so some guy is going to get an extra person he wasn't expecting. That guy is probably the guy Juggleguy is housing with.

AllyKnight

MJG and Thugz are housing where ever Juggleguy is housing. I don't see how they are getting a ride to some other place, especially since I think Juggleguy's housing is a bit away from the venue and/or where they want to house. This is a thing you should already assume will happen and have planned for.

Alternatively, if they go with JTSM somehow, please JTSM do not separate your car. It will be extremely annoying to be responsible for two separate groups of people while you are out in Canada. Frankly whoever takes MJG/Thugz should assume they will take the same housing because splitting people in your car is the most ******** thing.

Honestly this is pathetic. JTSM apparently never got housing and only found something that couldn't accommodate his entire car. Housing first and assume a full car, or at least more than two people. Juggleguy is agreeing to drive people to Canada but not to where they are being housed. Do not ****ing take people to Canada, who you are then responsible for, but then don't drive them around to the place where they'll sleep. Either make them take your housing or tell them they can't go. Ally is trying to make plans around all this and probably just making it worse because he's asking for housing for 3 or 4 but it's actually going to be 3 or (more likely) 5 so some guy is going to get an extra person he wasn't expecting. That guy is probably the guy Juggleguy is housing with.
Making it worst? I just got housing for 3-4 people MAX (With M Prime, awaiting his reply for 4th person) if he's okay with a 4th person then we're set. I'm making this EASIER, we'll be next to Mr L's house of smashers.

Juggle can keep MJG and Thugz and do whatever he had planned for em, since FZK is most likely going now.

If FKZ doesn't go

Scenario 1.

We BRING MJG and Thuz, + me JSTM and WTP.

Since our housing is at the same spot than MJG and thugz (just 1 min drive or so) it'd be smart to have em in our carpool.

But if scenario 1 doesn't happen

Scenario 2 is most likely the one happening (if FKZ can go).

Me JSTM WTP FZK. housing with M Prime, the end.

Sorry if the structure of my post is horrible, I'm tired and I've been trying badly for housing and settling this last second MI planning :awesome:

AllyKnight

He needs them for gas money, okay, but once they get into Whitby, they gotta pay a ****load of money to go to the venue (there's no carpool from there that isn't full I think) that's pretty bad for THEIR financial while they ALSO gotta pay Juggleguy's gas money. **** that it's stupid

What's The Point

Smash Master
Rob is in the right. He should not take people to some other place to get housed. No one should expect their driver to do that. He's in the wrong for telling Thugz/MJG that he'll drive them to Canada despite that. Especially since his posts indicate that Thugz/MJG currently have no set way to get to their housing from where ever Rob is going. Rob should either be making them take his housing or not taking them at all. Nobody should expect their driver to take them to places the driver isn't going. A lot of the wrong is on Thugz/MJG I imagine, but as the driver Rob should have shut this down immediately.

And you do not ****ing house at separate places. That is the most ******** ****. Keep a carpool together. Why the hell would Thugz/MJG house "1 minute" from where JTSM car is when they should all just be at the same place so travelling around in JTSM is easy and not a potentially huge hassle for him. Or worse if they ride with Rob since they'll be a long drive away.

Nobody wants Rob's housing because it's far away and Melee but people have to take it. Nobody is getting from Rob's housing to Mr. L/Mprime. Whoever is going with Rob is going to have to house there. Which is again probably going to be Thugz/MJG since myself and/or fZk may go and it'd be a **** move to ditch Rob when he expects some gas money.

AllyKnight

how is 1 MIN ********? Can't walk 3 mins in your life? You must be on your period or something tonight. Atleast we're in the same CITY, SAME STREET. And that's only to HELP MJG AND THUGZ, if they end up being left in WHITBY and IF we don't have a 4 carpool car (which is what is happening right now unless one of you DIP).

Calm down. I'm trying to help people I shouldn't even be caring for.

That's what I'm saying I'd feel bad if they were left in Whitby.

Now we're okay if M Prime gives me the okay for the 4th person, we don't have to worry about anything.

Hell, why am I worrying about MJG and THUGZ? It is ROB's responsability.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Atleast we're in the same CITY, SAME STREET. And that's only to HELP MJG AND THUGZ, if they end up being left in WHITBY and IF we don't have a 4 carpool car (which is what is happening right now unless one of you DIP).

Calm down. I'm trying to help people I shouldn't even be caring for.
Exactly. **** them. Thugz/MJG want to get to a place there driver isn't going. Why the **** are you trying to help them. And this help comes at the expense of Rob.

Again, this is a ******** thing that Rob should have never agreed to do.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I had no idea what Whitby was until I Googled it. Why would you think anyone knows any cities in Canada besides Toronto? Frankly I thought it was a smasher when you first started saying it.

Also I was agreeing with taking Thugz/MJG (with Rob being compensated for loss of gas money) but not splitting the new JTSM carpool into two separate housings. That only puts the issues Rob would deal with onto JTSM, albeit on a smaller scale.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
......I read this thread and am pretty disappoint.

1) As part of the car, you shouldn't be going anywhere your ride isn't going. Doesn't make sense.

2) Even if you're dumb enough to make plans with alt. housing, you better ask the driver.

3) If the driver says yes, which he really doesn't have to, because he's already driving YOUR *** in places which YOU either CAN'T, or WON'T, and it WILL be at HIS expense, then he is one hell of a ****ing nice guy.

The two players who need housing are idiots because that's ******** planning. If you can't sleep at the house where the rest of your car is going, that's where you're the idiot, and you should have made other plans.....BETTER plans. Pisses me off because as a driver for most tournies (In-State and Out), it pisses me off when people think the driver doesn't get absolutely BONED. Cause guess what..............he does.

I agree with Rob's logic 100%. I wouldn't have been nice enough to say yes though to get them to where they need to be.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Ignore this if it's a bad plan (I'm not a driver and wouldn't know the complete situation of how it affects rob), but here is a possible solution:

- Rob drives thugz and MJG down to where he is housing and crashes there night one.
- Thugz and MJG go to the venue and meet up with their intended housing and drives back with them that night (night 2).
- Sunday morning they come back to the venue with their housing and leave back to the US with Rob that evening.

This way Rob will get his gas money and thugz/MJG can get housing. Again if this sounds stupid you can just ignore it. I figured that we're in this situation now and might as well make the best out of it.

Also, where should i go to exchange US dollars to Canadian money? And can American credit cards (like Visa be used in Canada)? Sorry if this sounds stupid as well lol, I've never been to Canada :p.

:phone:

fZk

Smash Lord
Ignore this if it's a bad plan (I'm not a driver and wouldn't know the complete situation of how it affects rob), but here is a possible solution:

- Rob drives thugz and MJG down to where he is housing and crashes there night one.
- Thugz and MJG go to the venue and meet up with their intended housing and drives back with them that night (night 2).
- Sunday morning they come back to the venue with their housing and leave back to the US with Rob that evening.

This way Rob will get his gas money and thugz/MJG can get housing. Again if this sounds stupid you can just ignore it. I figured that we're in this situation now and might as well make the best out of it.

Also, where should i go to exchange US dollars to Canadian money? And can American credit cards (like Visa be used in Canada)? Sorry if this sounds stupid as well lol, I've never been to Canada :p.

I think the problem is that whoever is housing Rob can't accomodate MJG/Thugz even for one night.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Zinoto you may have to call your credit card company in order for them to allow you to use it in canada. There is and exchange booth when you cross the bridge to sarnia (it's a little building on the left RIGHT after you cross the bridge and talk to the border agent.)

If you use visa you should have no problem withdrawing more money from atm's (with like a 3$ fee) if you use mastercard to withdraw money, heh good luck, they are hard to come by.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I think the problem is that whoever is housing Rob can't accomodate MJG/Thugz even for one night.
No, my housing option can handle up to five people, so that's not a problem. Also, just looked up the location of Whitby... 45 km east (complete opposite direction) of where I'm staying. Now I don't even think I'm willing to drop anyone off there on Friday night, let alone Saturday and Sunday.

ThuGz has tentatively agreed to pay me gas money even if he switches cars. So it'd probably be most convenient for all parties involved if one car is JTsm + Ally + ThuGz + MJG + anyone else from MI, and the other car is myself + HIV + Zinoto, while I still get gas money from ThuGz.

What's The Point

Smash Master
That is the correct solution. Though now JTSM has potentially 5 people to take, and speaking for fZK along with myself, we wouldn't want to in Rob's car due to his housing. Really far plus melee.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Ok obviously solution: if the car ally is going on is going with or without mjg and thugz, then they should be willing to pay the gas costs also with or without thugz and mjg. So mjg and thugz give juggle guy the money and then don't get charged gas to switch over cars. It isn't really right to pay gas twice and if there is a car going with or without them it wouldn't hurt them that much to not get their gas money

What's The Point

Smash Master
if there is a car going with or without them it wouldn't hurt them that much to not get their gas money
Excluding myself and fZk for now, whichever car doesn't have MJG/Thugz might not go. Rob won't have the people to make reasonable gas costs, or JTSM would just be driving Ally. Thugz/MJG don't want the housing Rob has, this their stupid plan, and Rob is expecting money because he was stupid and agreed to their stupid plan. The reasonable idea is to put Zinoto back in JTSM's car and Thugz/MJG just take Rob's housing.

Now, if you factor fZK and myself back into it, not much changes. We're last minuit so we'll drop easy. I know I won't go if I'm not in JTSM's car, and I'm reasonably certain fZk won't either. Unless one of us drops Thugz/MJG are once again in Rob's car, with Zinoto doing whatever. And even if one of us drops, Rob is the one to pay by only having 3 people in his car, circumvented by being given money. I don't think the people in JTSM's car should pay more despite sharing a ride, so once again Thugz/MJG should chip in. Regardless of how this goes down somebody is unhappy. I feel it comes down to Thugz/MJG taking the burden for having a stupid and not fully done plan. Rob escaped that because he has the car so he has way more power.

The cars are either of the following

JTSM, Ally, WTP or fZK or neither, MjG, Thugz
Rob, Zinoto, HIV, money

JTSM, Ally, WTP, fZK
Rob, HIV, Zinoto, MJG, Thugz

AllyKnight

Okay I got the OKAY for 4th person being housed

Final Carpool is Me FZK JSTM and WTP, we do have an extra spot but no more housing spots.

Is this final, can our carpool agree on this???

Lmao at money being in that carpool LOL

Top Bottom