• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
an apartment by south quad

and not till tomorrow, and if someones have a smashfest in campus have it during the day please im booked for all the nights

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
Potato skins are the best. with lots of bacon!
>.> so umm Can any1 give me some tips about TOing?
Im looking into places by me house for a venue to host a Melee! :D(and Possibly Brawl too>.>)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Potato skins are the best. with lots of bacon!
>.> so umm Can any1 give me some tips about TOing?
Im looking into places by me house for a venue to host a Melee! :D(and Possibly Brawl too>.>)
My advice to someone new in the scene is to just go and see how tourneys are ran and what you think works and doesn't work

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Oh this is perfect timing. So I am talking with Gameyard and I need to know what is a good weekend for you guys for the next tournament. I'm thinking October or early November. Note MLG DC is like the 3rd weekend of October. And Youmacon is the last weekend I believe. Other than that:

Start suggesting!

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
My advice to someone new in the scene is to just go and see how tourneys are ran and what you think works and doesn't work
Well i have gone to one tourney>.> West bloomfield. But really what tournaments are there in MI that i can go to? like i CANT leave MI, ya know parents...

@Technical_Chase: The second weekend of October! lol

What's The Point

Smash Master
Tech, the earliest date you can get.

Also, I'm going to this (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271256) because for some reason everyone from everywhere is traveling to it.

I'm already assuming L_Cancel will be in my car since he's got all his Skype buddies going. Seat priority then goes to more skilled people since I'm making the best person I drive team with me.

Gio, how long have you had a brother?

Moooose

Smash Champion
Tech, the earliest date you can get.

Also, I'm going to this (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271256) because for some reason everyone from everywhere is traveling to it.

I'm already assuming L_Cancel will be in my car since he's got all his Skype buddies going. Seat priority then goes to more skilled people since I'm making the best person I drive team with me.

Gio, how long have you had a brother?
ahhh, you met marco?

What's The Point

Smash Master
Tech, I forgot to mention my standard rule of people having to be en route from East Lansing to Ann Arbor to Cincinnati. If you can get to any location along that trail, you're in no problem.

Moose, only via phone.

ZTD | TECHnology

I accounted for that and I could get to A2. If so and you have room then count me in. I was so heartbroken I couldn't make the last one lol

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Tech, any day would work as long as I know 3 weeks ahead of time...but yeah, the earlier the better.

Hmmmm...I may be interested in the carpool to School is in Session though there's probably no room. I'll have to see if I have work off.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I would be interested in going to that Cinci tourney i would have to check and see if it will work for me though.

Also Tech the sooner the better, text/call me when you have more info ;)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Well i have gone to one tourney>.> West bloomfield. But really what tournaments are there in MI that i can go to? like i CANT leave MI, ya know parents...

@Technical_Chase: The second weekend of October! lol
I'd still suggest waiting on other tourneys. There are plans for several more to be put into place.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
There will be at least 1 in Toledo this semester. I'm waiting for my friend to show up at gaming club so I can talk to him.

clowsui

Smash Legend
@WTP lain needs a ride, apparently...texted him today and he responded that he wanted to go

lain/L/tchase/DL/WTP...sounds like a sick car

wait if lain comes with you you're making him team with you? he owes me teams as a bday present :(

What's The Point

Smash Master
Lain owes me teams from so many times. Plus I'm not doing the trip without a stupid good teammate.

Also, Ankoku had beaten DL and Ori to the punch via PM. So my projected car is L_Cancel, Lain, Tech, and Ankoku.

ZTD | TECHnology

@WTP lain needs a ride, apparently...texted him today and he responded that he wanted to go

lain/L/tchase/DL/WTP...sounds like a sick car

wait if lain comes with you you're making him team with you? he owes me teams as a bday present :(
Lain owes half of our region teams LOL

And sweetness I am 100% DOWN for this. Ohio better be hospitable when we get there :D

clowsui

Smash Legend
Tony did you come because I pointed it out to you? :p Respond to this whenever you see it, obviously.

Also LOL @ the teams thing, s'all good I don't have to do doubles/I have another teammate in the wings.

Will be great to see you guys again.

ZTD | TECHnology

Now once again I need a teammate. Preferably someone out of state so I can get to know people.

@Mann: I got your message bro I'll hit you up tomorrow afterwork.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Two notes.

For Cinci, my requirement for making the drive is to team with Lain or a Lain-like replacement. Lain will fight this idea so we'll see how that goes.

For this Saturday, I'm thinking about having a smashfest in East Lansing.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Lain owes me teams from so many times. Plus I'm not doing the trip without a stupid good teammate.

Also, Ankoku had beaten DL and Ori to the punch via PM. So my projected car is L_Cancel, Lain, Tech, and Ankoku.
No worries. It's your guys' turn to shine. Do better than 13th for me. D;

Boxxy

Smash Lord
if i was driving people to a tourney i wouldn't make one of them team with me :\

What's The Point

Smash Master
If you were driving people it'd be from MI to MI. If this were a MI tournament, I wouldn't care because at worst I'd be driving two hours total, which includes the already minimum hour for me to get to any MI tournaments.

This is two six hour car rides adding 650 miles to my car. If I go that far I want to ensure I get at least a good doubles experience.

On top of this, any time a tournament rolls around, Lain calls everyone and offers to team with them for a ride to the tournament when time starts running out to get there. I'm just bringing that condition up now to make it a planned trip instead of a last minute one.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire

Yeah still don't know if ill be able to go, but its ok

Top Bottom