• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Vro

Smash Lord
For anyone who is interested in Melee, shameless plug: Sakurai Can't Save You Now 3! There will be a big pot bonus (~$200). Let me know if there's anything that's discouraging you from making the trip to Chicago and I will see if I can do anything to make ends meet.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
If only I knew where Grant was <_<. Looking forward to meeting you however.

**** yes I got approved as a Tournament Director! I've always wanted a blue name :D

ZTD | TECHnology

MTI: We have exactly one month before WBST4. We need to start practicing for doubles. Never teamed with a Lucario and you guys are high-risk/high-reward partners. So we need to get adjusted to each other and make strategies.

Fl@me

Smash Cadet
I've beaten Coco and Flame, and go even with Notra and L, and have lost to you do I still get bottom seed? </3
does pools count towards PR stuff?

and is there any other michigan tournies this month?

ZTD | TECHnology

No Chris, considering it usually requires a good 3 weeks to a month to properly advertise for a basic local tournament. That is mainly because we have to take into consideration those who have to take off of work to attend these things. And its already the middle of July so I doubt anyone else will be doing a tournament this month.

And pools do contribute a bit to PRs. They are tournament sets after all. I would think brackets would influence that more however.

And yes Ori I'm in the blue name club :D

Notra

Smash Ace
Chichi I don't know if u should say we go as even as a part of seeding. Cause we go even in a category outside of skill. Simply because we taught each other how to play. Ur ash and I'm Gary. But yea.

Also u probably know how to play more ppl in Michigan cause I stopped going to tournaments so putting my name there is a bad idea.

Also I'm getting bored of real life. Might jump into brawl again.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Hot Arms, I would make more awards if I knew what was going on in MI, or even went to events. The last tourney I went to was in WI in Jan.. so yeah It has been 7 months, and I have no idea when I'll make it to another event.

The best I can do is say that anyone who plays brawl in Michigan deserves a Shibbypod award. You know who you are. Kids and their kid games.

Notra

Smash Ace
You guys are putting an awful lot of thought into this. Let me put it down all simple and stuff.

1 Judge
2 lain
3 Anther
Pretty obvious.

L, Boxxy, Coco, Flame, possibly Azure and Notra are at a tournament level.

Rest of you aren't. Step it up.

If you lose to me and I'm seeding a bracket then I'm ****ing putting you at bottom seed.
i wanna play boxxy's icees.

I want to smash today in AA. txt or call me about it if u wanna play. 734 358 9617.

ZTD | TECHnology

Falco just needs to camp. Like to the "nth" degree. Seriously just walk into the game with the mindset you're going to time them out. It works.

Also what would you guys think if I made some sort of video blog thing for tournaments. I think it would be fun to interview players at tournaments and get footage and just show people how we get down in Michigan. Thoughts?

ZTD | TECHnology

And I'm impatient so:

I am hosting a smashfest at my new place (havent moved in yet but I still have access to it) tomorrow evening per Lain's request. If you are interested in attending let me know. A setup or two would be majorly appreciated. Please inquire if interested. Limited spots available and friends take priority over strangers. It would start around 9:00-30 (I have to work a closing shift <_<) but would end at 2ish. I have Lain, Boxxy, and a few others expressing interest.

A few people talked to me about possibly attending but not 100% sure. Get at me.

Oh and Brawl only. Holla.

And sweet L approves of my video blog idea. I think it'd be fun personally.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Eh, whatever. If someone gets me a ride, sure. Brawl's really hard and I suck at it, though.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
And I'm impatient so:

I am hosting a smashfest at my new place (havent moved in yet but I still have access to it) tomorrow evening per Lain's request. If you are interested in attending let me know. A setup or two would be majorly appreciated. Please inquire if interested. Limited spots available and friends take priority over strangers. It would start around 9:00-30 (I have to work a closing shift <_<) but would end at 2ish. I have Lain, Boxxy, and a few others expressing interest.

A few people talked to me about possibly attending but not 100% sure. Get at me.

Oh and Brawl only. Holla.

And sweet L approves of my video blog idea. I think it'd be fun personally.

Perfect, I get off work at 8:15 tomorrow, so I'm down for this as long as its about an hour away. lol I'll just need to know what your address is and stuff through private message or something. I'll probably give you a call tomorrow too.

Also, I can bring my TV. I'll attempt to sneak the Wii, but I can't promise it. :C

ZTD | TECHnology

Perfect, I get off work at 8:15 tomorrow, so I'm down for this as long as its about an hour away. lol I'll just need to know what your address is and stuff through private message or something. I'll probably give you a call tomorrow too.

Also, I can bring my TV. I'll attempt to sneak the Wii, but I can't promise it. :C
Cool beans just let me know. You can definitely come though. Its going to be in Ferndale. The zip code is 48220 if you want to get a general idea. I can PM you the addy though later.

Ankoku let me know if you have plans on attending. Like I said before limited spots.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
Tech just let me know when asnd where and ill be there. would you mine if i brought melee just incase?

lol malice always know the right time to say something

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
1 hour 15 minute drive. I can manage that. :p Getting kicked out at 2 is fine with me. I have work at noon Friday anyways.

ZTD | TECHnology

I may make it 3 depends on who is there and how I am feeling. But moreorless I just want to get some Michigan Smash going baby. But yeah remind me to text you the address tomorrow and all that fun stuff. I first need to see who is coming/who I want to come/how many people will be coming.

EDIT: Soul you can if you want. Did you get Melee from my house??

Top Bottom