• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
when was I complaining mk is the most used character? All I was doing was proving you wrong. So im not sure how I could be a "hypocrite" when I was not stating any sort of personal opinion towards the matter. Dog youre weak at arguing

$1 Arguing MM

"who the f**k is cosmo?"

You dont know about melee and thus shouldnt be talking about how it only has '5 characters,' thats all im sayin. Youre randomly just starting arguments. Although i must say it does entertain me...

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Lulwat? Since when has anyone except the top 5 characters won any big tournament in brawl?

I don't really feel like getting into the Brawl vs. Melee talk so I'll just drop it here.

Doesn't it already?
Unrelated. But Graped, you live pretty dang close to me. I thought I was the only Smasher in absolute Southeast Michigan. :O

Roller

Smash Legend
Sounds goooood.

Also I feel like we just need to sit down and play sometime. Like you said we haven't really had the chance to yet. :'(
Definitely! Any chance you are getting here the night before? =o
MK dittos for a large pizza?
HYPE.
let's just start a match with two level nine and bet on the winner
I will totally do this with you.
now lets take pound V for brawl. Winners finals: mk dittos. Losers finals: mk dittos. Gf: mk dittos.

thats some variety right there. -_________-
I think you're forgetting dat Wolf. AWOOOO!!!!!!

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
Eh pound V there were tons of non MKs that placed high, I don't think smash or any other fighter will really get down to one character, Player skill > Character skill. Now if we were playing MVC2.... I might change my decision, ****ing Cable, Storm, Sentinel teams........

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
MvC2 had more than one top tier team. Though it doesn't matter too much since the MvC series are poverty games in disguise.

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
Woah eeeeeeeeeaaassssssyyyyyyyy there, Your insulting my childhood..... And no, not really you had the variety of Sentinel/Storm/Cable/Magneto and possibly if you were good at the Ironman infinite, Ironman, but no one played Iron man, so you had maybe 2 teams really, because every team had to have sentinel if you wanted to win, and if your ballsy you didn't take cable. Also all you did was spam assists and projectiles, and as soon as you hit your opponent you used cables specials and *****, and then when you downed one guy you used cables gun to shoot where the next guy was gonna jump out and unless he did an advancing guard you could start a new combo when he touched the ground because he was defenseless, yeah, that's how that game worked....

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, you're doing a pretty good job of supporting my stance on the MvC series.

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
Hahahah yeah, well I hated the second one, it was just dumb imo, I loved the first one it was fun and awesome, but it did revolve around mainly Wolverine, I think the 3rd one is the most balanced so far... Although they dumbed down the tech skill by miles, which can be seen as either good or bad depending on how you see it.

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
I guess my original reason for saying all this was just that I don't think smash will ever get to a point like that, there may be only 5 or 6 characters used but it won't be like other games where there is only one way the game unfolds, I also think that because Brawl has no combos that will actually help keep the game from centering on one character, but this is just my opinion.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Making the game have such a huge comeback mechanic, as well as having a living comeback mechanic (I can't control it!!) isn't exactly a great way to keep things balanced. I mean, hell, flipping a coin for heads/tails is pretty balanced, but it's not like you can have much impact on the outcome of that.

Brawl's centralization has been mostly around characters that have the safest moveset, strongest power per hit, or some combination of the two. Then you add Ice Climbers for being the only characters in the game that can combo into a KO from any percent.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't infract Rizk that much 'cause his posts are rarely worth paying attention to anyway. Someone else reported the post and it got edited/infracted by Mic_128.

Top Bottom