• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

_Azure_

Smash Journeyman
Well, I could have swore that me and Harms started going to tourneys at the same time.

And if this is cancelled.....FFFFFUUUU

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Oh well Azure, I just never saw you at tournaments when I went. I was inactive for the early part of'10 but I only saw you at like one Lolis event I believe so I didn't include you in the active category. I know you were around before me though.

And WTF no tournament? LAME.

Notra

Smash Ace
Fyi MI, be cautious. Notra is gonna take the title of best snake, as well as marth in MI. Bout to take MI snakes out of this phase of mediocrity.

Sir_J

Smash Apprentice
You best be trolling.
I no troll! I Sir_J, see :p

OnTopic: Yes, the person who hosted it lives only a mile away and we smash all the time. They canceled it because they didn't have their poop in a group and now they can't do it Saturday. The Monday one on the 21st is still going on though. They are not sure where, but they will have people know by tomorrow I believe.

ZTD | TECHnology

So they decided to take a tournament that had promising turnout and replace it with one that's on a Monday, when people have to work..two days before the original tournament was going to take place. Genius.Michigan is really stepping it up.

Sir_J

Smash Apprentice
So they decided to take a tournament that had promising turnout and replace it with one that's on a Monday, when people have to work..two days before the original tournament was going to take place. Genius.Michigan is really stepping it up.
See, the venue they wanted told them that they didn't have enough information on it, and who is coming and all of that stuff. So they told them that they will not let them do it on Saturday, now hey have to do it Monday. Which is stupid, and I think they should wait a week and do it on a saturday again.

ZTD | TECHnology

How ********. They should've had everything figured out before they decided to post it. And even then they HAD plenty of time to establish times for everything. And if they wanted a better idea of how many to expect they should've posted on Smashboards as well since not everyone is active on allisbrawl. Just horrible planning there. And there's no way I can go to a Monday tournament unless its in the evening and even then I have work the next morning.

And next Saturday is Pharrox's tournament however, I have this suspicion that only like 5 people will end up going to that one because:

A: We're hella lazy about tournaments unless they're In our backyard.

B. King Yoshi is hosting a tournament then and more than likely the better players will end up going to that.

C. Because of reason B. At least a handful of people will be like "Well, Lain, and company aren't even going to show up, so it's not even worth it for me to travel"

D. Did I mention we're lazy?

We're better off doing a merge with Ohio or one of our neighboring states because we don't have a smash scene by ourselves anymore really.

ZTD | TECHnology

I'm going based off of past tournaments. We've had way larger turnouts when all the top Michigan people attended. Last 3 tournaments that were hosted, Lain, Anther, Judge, L_Cancel etc didn't come and none of them had singles participant numbers go past 20. There's some people that are more so encouraged to go because they aren't entering but most of those people enter the other tournaments anyway.

Sir_J

Smash Apprentice
I will be hosting a regional in august. Ohio should come to it, because it is in Livonia which is close to the border. That will bring the attention of Lain, Judge, and all of them so that we come back to life. I hope :l

ZTD | TECHnology

Maybe Pharrox's tournament day was changed. I should go check again. But we need to revive our state again. I know Ori is hoping to host another West Bloomfield Tournament so that would be cool. Boxxy spoke of tentative plans for a Michigan Ball Z 3. The thing we lack though is smashfests. Brawl ones anyway. Now that Iris has been consumed by Starcraft 2 there's none. I can't host any until I move in August otherwise I would. I still want to host a tournament also, but need to find a venue again. The one I had bailed on me "I don't' think we can accomdate your 'unique' demographic.." Ugh. Oh well I'm hoping for a change is all.

Demp

Smash Journeyman
I'd be willing to help with Smashfests and maybe tournies, but no one is willing to drive 2-3 hours to get to West Michigan.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
maaaaaan. That tourney. I'm going to try finding a way to Don't Blink 4 now this weekend in Illinois. Anyone interested?

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Hey guys, Roseville's on Monday instead of Saturday now.

12 pm sign-ups, 1 pm is when **** starts.

I know Saturday would work better for most of you, but I'm pretty much guaranteed to go.

Anther

Smash Champion
Why hasn't Iris played me in Starcraft 2 yet? Zerg wants some bloood ;o!!
Plus, the beta's down for at least another 3 weeks, that means time for some more smashfests..!?

Vayseth

Smash Master
Oh shi_, THE Snake wants to join in lol. Ally, you are such a lurker sometimes you just pop out of nowhere? Are you serious about wanting to come though? It'd be cool to have you.

Oh also, if I hosted a tournament in August would show up Ally?

And lol Michigan Snake unite!

I'd come to a tournament in August, if it's on the 14th.

Also, MI fails at tournaments so looks like my dreams of having one on the 14th is ruined =(

ZTD | TECHnology

Soviet be trollin'

Also, I would love to host a welcome back party/tourney for Vayseth if I get the chance. I am talking with another venue now. I should know by Sunday if I can and if I can..The 14th of August it shall be. If not I'll just badger Ori or Boxxy until someone does it.

Top Bottom