• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Ori_bro

ignite the fire

And what kind of promising games has Nintendo previewed?

3DS
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Kirby: Epic Yarn
Donkey Kong Country: Returns
Metroid: Other M
Mario Sports Mix
Wii Party
Just Dance 2
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
007 Golden Eye Remake
Kid Icarus: Uprising

Those were the really big named games I remember of the top of my head.

EDIT: Added Kirby Epic Yarn sorry Viper

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You... didn't.... list..... Kirby Epic Yarn... THAT SHOULD HAD BEEN AT LEAST 1ST OR 2ND!!! T_T

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
SSB64 was the only time I actually enjoyed playing Yoshi. Red Yoshi ftw.

And people should come to dablackpacman's smashfest tomorrow. I'm looking forward to going again.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
lol, matchup experience to that level doesn't happen when it matters.

btw, the traditional counter to Yoshi is Sheik. Easy chaingrab.
ya but if thats how u wanna play, u might as well go ICY's cuz wobbling still isnt banned in most tourneys

gotta check out the new zelda game tho, honestly ive only played half of the series thus far. the first 6 and twilight

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Why? Wobbling takes way more skill than Sheik's CG, and it's less situational too.

Whenever I actually decide to chaingrab a Yoshi I make it a point to only hit Z, down, Z, down, Z, down until they DI behind me because it's zero effort lol.

ZTD | TECHnology

Did I see a new Donkey Kong Country?? **** yes! Oh shi_ and a new Golden Sun? Nintendo did work.

Oh and what's the concept behind Kirby Epic Yarn? I bet I know who knows...lol

Notra

Smash Ace
Who ever made kirby just trolled the world.

****in was like, derr ima take a ball, and put it on some dem ovals. Anit can be pinky-like.

:[;[[p-=- KIRBY!

(>")>
.OO

yea...sad...

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
where does rob live?
Ann Arbor, or just outside it I think.

ya but if thats how u wanna play, u might as well go ICY's cuz wobbling still isnt banned in most tourneys
You mean if someone wants to play competitively in a tournament? If someone can counterpick you with Sheik or IC's and beat you with solely the chaingrab or wobbling, then they are likely a better player and deserve the win. As Ankoku said, wobbling isn't easy, nor is playing characters you don't know how to.

In tournament play often times even if you don't know a low tier matchup, just knowing your character well enough if they are a high or top tier is usually enough to get the win. Hence a characters placement in low tier.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
Why? Wobbling takes way more skill than Sheik's CG, and it's less situational too.

Whenever I actually decide to chaingrab a Yoshi I make it a point to only hit Z, down, Z, down, Z, down until they DI behind me because it's zero effort lol.
well we'll have to get togthr and see if ur sheik can beat my yoshi

ZTD | TECHnology

None of the other Pokemon in Melee matter. Except Pichu.

So here is going to the Roseville tournament this weekend? Trying to see how much hype it's getting. I'm hoping for a good turnout anyway.

ZTD | TECHnology

SCOTU I'd love to play a legit Mewtwo. I'm trying to work on some fun secondaries to go with the Captain. Not enough Donkey Kongs out there.

My theory is I play too much competitive Brawl, might as well have some fun when I play Melee. I've had so much fun re-learning Melee though :D

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah lain called me Saturday morning at 7, when I later was awake enough to think I guessed that he was gonna ask me to go with him to Showdown or something.

judge!

Smash Ace
what roseville tourney r u guys talking about i havent seen anything about it lol

ZTD | TECHnology

No you can't come I need that money. <_<

It's called Brawl Saturdays. Go to my Allisbrawl page and look at my next tournament bro. You have me added as a friend also so you don't have to search too far. Ally is allegedly going to this. Why? Who knows? Canadians confuse me sometimes.

I somehow doubt it though. But if he did I can get that rematch with him finally.

SCOTU: You aren't a true Pokemon master then D:

Moooose

Smash Champion
lol shut up scotu discouraging these guys =p

yea dk is a legit character those up air combos ****
and he can do alot off a grab, he just needs to get that grab
crouch cancel grab is a really useful tool and his up b ***** at getting unexpected ko's

oh and he has 0 to deaths on spacies

Toadster5

Smash Journeyman
He's not hard from a tech-skill standpoint, but to win with him you can't make many mistakes (like any low tier). Just have to make sure to capitalize on grabs like Moose said. He's a fun character though.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I'm not trying to discourage, I'm just saying it takes a hell of a lot more than shffl uairs. I mean, you've got the pin-up example of Bum for a legit DK; ***** the East Coast a bit until everyone else (on the EC) learned how to play DK and how to play against him. Despite that, iirc, Bum still ***** in NY long after everyone "figured it out"

Moooose

Smash Champion
yea it takes more than shffl uairs
but you really need to get those down to combo fast fallers
anyways dk is really fun to play as

Kail

Smash Lord
Here's the thing. If you're going to pick up DK you need a lot of practice. Hell I play DK off and on for ****s and giggles and the best thing I did was almost beat Scotu's C.Falcon. He isn't hard to play but you need to accept you're likely to lose a lot until you get the match up's down.

Kail

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's probably best just to ask here. A lot of the character specifics are new comers voicing their opinion unless it's the Falcon, Falco, or fox boards. Probably Ganon and puff too, but who plays those bad characters amirite?

Top Bottom