• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Vayseth

Smash Master
MICHIGAN: (don't tell the other states)

I'll knock $5 off your venue fee, just for being michigan. All I ask is you bring your Wii's.

You heard me right: Every Michigan player with a Wii in hand will get $5 off! OMG!!!

SHHHHH, don't tell the guys driving from cincinatti and cleveland...
Thank you very much! We're trying really hard to do it, but freakin' Anther is unreachable right now >.<

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
someone go knock on his door. it's only like 11:42 or something. I HAVE to play his pikachu.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
well see, i can get a lot of money one day and be broke the other. unfortunately my company hasnt hired me for anything since like last december so i dont have money, thus why i always am broke. like to be honest 200 back than was a days work ( thought i really wasnt gonna bet 200 on a game i was garbo at ) . and my dads a millionaire and wont even let me hold his money, that meanie.

i have no idea why i felt like sharing this

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
$200 on commission isn't bad, I think, but you gotta keep getting commissions for it to be worthwhile.

Scala

Smash Ace
MICHIGAN: (don't tell the other states)

I'll knock $5 off your venue fee, just for being michigan. All I ask is you bring your Wii's.

You heard me right: Every Michigan player with a Wii in hand will get $5 off! OMG!!!

SHHHHH, don't tell the guys driving from cincinatti and cleveland...
Wow thanks, I don't have a Wii though.. Need any TV's? :p

lain

Smash Master
Anther can't go. It'd be Panda, Scala, and maybe me (the guy i'm borrowing the money from doesn't even know if he can : /)

lain

Smash Master
The only reason I would go is if I had a good partner. I gotta pay this guy back, so I needed SOME assurance (THRZ) that I'd make money.

We'll see by tomorrow.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tell anther he's gotta at least come down on Sept 13th to WTON. it'll be at the same venue.

I'm moving out of the midwest like 2 weeks after that one, and I want to play his pika before I leave the region.

I'll give you the same deal if you bring a TV, scala.

Vayseth, are you going to make it then, or no?

Scala

Smash Ace
well, I'm only gonna drive if we have at least 4 people total going. I haven't heard Vayseth say no, so it's me panda and vayseth so far (AND LAIN IF HE WOULD QUIT JOHNING AROUND)

Vayseth

Smash Master
I have no money. I'm only going if Lain/Panda spot me $$ so if Lain doesn't have enough for himself, he prolly doesn't have enough for me either =( So it's basically up to lain. Lain, you can team with Panda? I dno who else is going.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
o lain will go...im sure anther wuld 2. panda im not 2 sure about, i heard he had a date john when we called him out msop

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Calling me at like 10:50 pm asking if I wanted to go to MSOP (a 7 hour drive) right at that moment was probably not the best of ideas :D

dingding

Smash Ace
oo me wanna go...how much would it cost if i wanted to lets say ride with some 1 and pay for gas

Scala

Smash Ace
I'm driving as it is now, 15 for gas (ish) 10 per tourney, 20 for venue (-10 if sleep outside, -5 if you bring wii thanks to the graciousness of Dastrn, but that 2nd discount is a secret shhh)

Not too bad really

dingding

Smash Ace
dang thats expensive so thats like 45 bucks? if playing singles with gas and venue and when are u guys going are u guna go on friday or saturday

lain

Smash Master
you mean what we've been trying to figure out for the past 8 hours? ><

The venue fee costs $20, which gets us housing, dinner on friday (hog roast!), and breakfast on saturday.

However we could not eat or house there and stay in Big C's tent for free (it's a 10-12 persont tent). BUT DastrnMarco is giving MI a $5 discount (hush hush though!). I'd take the $15 deal.

Then it's $10 for each tourney (singles and doubles).

If Scala's car gets 20mpg, it'd run everyone $20 (taking into account driving to pick up and drop off people too). Howveer 30mpg would get everyone only throwing ~$14.

So if we go, bare minimum (which basically covers all your needs) will be ~$50.

SUPER CHEAP NO?!

lain

Smash Master
Anther isn't going. So I need to get a good teammate to ensure I make money (i.e. I pm'ed overswarm and he said maybe) to pay the guy back LOANING me to play.

Sooo yeah.

lain

Smash Master
$50 isn't a whole lot dude! In fact, this is like a super bargain compared to how much it costs to go to like... any tournament that's further then this.

:colorful:

lain

Smash Master
LOL tell him summer is almost over and you just want to do this super awesome thing cause it's your PASSION like mutha****ing iron chef on the cooking channel.

Scala

Smash Ace
Haha, well It's more like only 30-35 dollars since the venue fee is only $5 (if you sleep in the tent/bring a wii), gas 15-20, and tourney 10. That's super ultra conservatively low guestimate tho

lain

Smash Master
Yeah that's if we're nazi's and don't want to sleep inside.

Basically, you can pay for how comfortable you want to be.

But hell, if I go I ain't sleeping outside. I hate tents.

:colorful:

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've got close to 40 confirmed, and still and handful of maybes. Plus I usually have a crowd that comes but doesn't post. We could potentially be looking at 50 people. Ya'll need to get down here!

Top Bottom