• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Levitas

the moon
I'll come out on sunday, if you'll let me to play some brawl. Also, my sig is given to me by tony. I like it a lot, thanks for the compliment.

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
Actually I live off of 10 mile and berg... Sounds good, My friend Darius goes to lawerence tech, and i'm sure I can get a bunch of my peeps to come if it's that close.

LEts set it up!

I have a gamecube with two controllers, my friends all have gamecubes and respective controllers/copies of smash, we may need tvs though.

know anyone with brwal?
koo... How soon did you want to do this? I'm here for the weekend so we could do it this Saturday (tomorrow) if you want. It'd have to be sometime in the afternoon/evening, tho, like starting at 4ish and going until whenever.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way... we DO have two TVs. There is one on 1st floor that we usually elevator up to the one on 3rd floor for events. Nice big ones, too!

EDIT EDIT:
.....<-----Has brawl.

Jman, I want ur sig.
WTF, mate! Where are people getting copies of brawl? I thought it wasn't scheduled for release until March 9th!

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
They're getting Japanese copies and using Japanese wii's.
Only one thing I can say to that........ frikin' awesome, man! that's totally metal! Where did people pick up the Japanese Wii's, tho, (PlayAsia?) or did they mod their own? Now that's some seriously devoted smash fans!

Oh, also I just got hit with a four hour long commitment tomorrow (er, today, Saturday) so I will NOT be able to host anything at LTU (for the few people interested). Sorry, guys!

Qinopio

Smash Journeyman
I got my Wii modded (chip+shipping+labor) locally for 50 bucks, and downloaded the game. I'll buy it legit when it comes out here, but I couldn't wait that long.

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
EL-OH-EL! Seriously! Is it all in Japanese? Actually lately, I've been taking to playing melee in Japanese because I like hearing characters like Fox, Falco, and "Purin" speaking in their native tongue. It also helps that I have a Japanese friend in the dorms who tells me what they're really saying. Apparently Falco has quite the dirty mouth!

Qinopio

Smash Journeyman
Yep it sure is. My friend who works at GameStop says that according to his Nintendo rep, the rumor going around at Nintendo is that the translation is most of the reason for the delay here.

G4MER4LIFE

Smash Apprentice
sweet! where is this taking place where u guys are playin' brawl?

Also, Rash have you decided on the next smash fest? i haven't been on lately so i'm not up to date

TuRk E

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I'm new to smashboards and I want to meet some people in MI to play brawlwith when it comes out, post if you are interested or send me a message.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I have brawl on the way and because my roomie has a sick class schedule I've decided to help out the local game store (Get Your Game On) here in ann arbor and bring my copy of brawl there. I don't have it yet, but I think the latest I'll have it in that store will be this friday. FFAs open to all who come while I'm there (which will be after class-close every day. On weekends, prolly open to close).

If we get a lot of buzz, get your game on will prolly host tournaments. I'm not sure about cash prizes or anything but we'll see. Come and show your support so we can get some serious tournaments going on.

Piratey_Critter

Smash Apprentice
I have brawl on the way and because my roomie has a sick class schedule I've decided to help out the local game store (Get Your Game On) here in ann arbor and bring my copy of brawl there. I don't have it yet, but I think the latest I'll have it in that store will be this friday. FFAs open to all who come while I'm there (which will be after class-close every day. On weekends, prolly open to close).

If we get a lot of buzz, get your game on will prolly host tournaments. I'm not sure about cash prizes or anything but we'll see. Come and show your support so we can get some serious tournaments going on.
Holy ****, I basically live there. I'll be there on Friday for sure :D

NarutoShocker

Smash Ace
Rash or Russell:
host a fest this tuesday and I'll bring Brawl. Yes it is in Japanese, and yes my wii is modded.

@needle
Lol, Ness is so awesome now. I love this guy. And Lucas is sweet as hell. I think you'll like the Pikmin though. They are so OP it's amazing.

Sorry to those who've been asking to play. I've been kinda not focused.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
*Yawn**!!!!

Yours truly will be home next month at the begginning of march........

This time I plan on playing more then just anther ^_^

Even doe it was fun!!

Umm............... So yeah Wat tourney or something we doing?

Vayseth

Smash Master
Yeah d00d, I got it all taken care of. Talked to the owner when I ordered it, when it shipped, and even got a set up in mind. It's not here as of right this second, but I anticipate it anytime this week.

G4MER4LIFE

Smash Apprentice
is rash having smashfests anymore or no? <_< i've been w8in like forever for an answer...i never get to go to anymore ;_;

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Rash didn't retire, he just doesn't have the time to organize or go to smashfests/tournaments any more. I figure college work finally caught up with him.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll just point out that in Blade Runner, being retired was the same as being murdered.
I thought quiting was, shooting your game system???

Hmm, It's been a while since I been to MI, (far too long), and still no Kirby masters around hear but me. :(

Top Bottom