• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
In response to the couple of questions about the LTU smash events........
Due to time constraints on my part (I'm taking 15 credits and working 14 hours a week and involved with a number of campus groups) the only time we can really have smash events would be on **FRIDAYS** and **SATURDAYS**.

If anyone is willing to come, I can host something either **TOMORROW** (Friday) at any time or **SATURDAY** (in two days) at any time.
Sorry about not having time to do anything on Tuesday. I had 2 tests that day and one of them really (*&#$ me.

PS If I don't hear from anyone about this, I'll prolly just be going home on Fri afternoon instead of staying on campus.

PPS The reason I haven't been keeping up on this thread and replying like I should is that the subscription manager on SmashBoards sucks and I'm not getting new post announcments in my email. :-(

PPPS Thax, lurk moar. I've said before that I'd be willing to host events, I just haven't gotten solid commitment from people here (or myself, really) for times and places.

PPPPS That event on Saturday at the Ann Arbor "Get Your Game On" store. Is that here?
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...2.286897,-83.736591&spn=0.038225,0.09407&z=14
What time was that event?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
"Smash Bros is a HORRIBLE game and will NEVER succeed"
http://www.elecplay.com/reviews_article.php?article=411

Wow... I bet this guy feels like a complete idiot, now...
lol, good review

That event on Saturday at the Ann Arbor "Get Your Game On" store. Is that here?
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...2.286897,-83.736591&spn=0.038225,0.09407&z=14
That's the right location of the store, but what event are you talking about. Are you asking about when Vayseth is going to bring brawl there?

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
lol, good review

That's the right location of the store, but what event are you talking about. Are you asking about when Vayseth is going to bring brawl there?
Um... yeah. If nobody's interested in smashing here at LTU over the weekend, I'll be home in Ypsi so I'll want to get in on that action.

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
:-/ Ah, well, I guess that's how it goes... Was anyone coming over here? Time is running down on my willingness to stay on campus over the weekend so I'd better hear from peeps soon if anythings'a gonna happen.

Vayseth

Smash Master
As I posted in the other thread, didn't get it thursday and if I get it today (friday) I'll be playing it with a couple close friends but I'll post and therefore be at GYGO from open to close (which I believe is 10-10) on saturday, so come in and get 12 hours of smash on! (I'll prolly be doing hw XD). If I don't get it today, I'll prolly die, because I need a break from school already x.x

Dr. Science

Smash Apprentice
I mentioned before My willingness to smash at LTU, this weekend will be interesting, but in general me and atleast 2 others would be willing to smash at LTU on a semi regular basis.

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
I mentioned before My willingness to smash at LTU, this weekend will be interesting, but in general me and atleast 2 others would be willing to smash at LTU on a semi regular basis.
Cool, I was thinking we could do this every other other week that the UMB (or whatever it was) was doing their events. This was one of the off weeks, right?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Yeah, this is an off week. The next UMB will probably be in 2 weeks, either the 29th or the 1st, because the UofM spring break starts next week and I'm going to Florida and other people are going home.

Edit: you can check out our biweekly thread for any updates on times and such.

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
Yeah... that's the place! Were you more interested in today (Friday) or tomorrow (Saturday)? I'm totally free the rest of today and tomorrow. Oh, and we'd be in North Housing (the building that you can see from the Lodge's service drive). It's 4 floors and we'd be meeting on the 3rd. Someone'll have to let you in. You can call my dorm number at 248 204-7903. Bring a cube/wii if you have it. There are 2 big tvs that we can potentially use.

gevenstaines

Smash Cadet
Yeah... that's the place!
i'm fine with today or tomorrow as long as my dad doesn't need help with anything. although, i really want to see brawl (smash x, i suppose) at GYGO tomorrow... tho i won't be there all day. (assuming i have the willpower to pry myself away from smash X) what about you russell, will you be going to GYGO? we could do that, then go back to LTU for melée afterwards.

my bro has a wii and two good controllers, but i can't bring it without his permission. do you have a 64 also? i can bring a controller for that. later.

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm... the interest in a LTU smash seems too little (for this week) to make this happen. I'm thinking that I'm gonna just go home this afternoon and go to GYGO tomorrow and since I'ma gon be at home anyway, I'll stay there for the entire weekend. Sorry this didn't work out! Next, next week, mm'kay?

**There will be NO Smash event at LTU this weekend due to low interest and in lieu of the awesomeness that GYGO will be.**
PS Will there be any available controllers at GYGO (as I don't have one of my own) or is it going to be strictly BYOC?

Vayseth

Smash Master
Actually, it's going to be DON'T BYOC. Because the store is insuring my controllers and I'mma have the wii put away, I'mma have it run on wavebirds mostly and I have 4 of them. If there becomes a problem with lag, we'll work it out but I don't have any issues thus far.

gevenstaines

Smash Cadet
Hmmm... the interest in a LTU smash seems too little (for this week) to make this happen. I'm thinking that I'm gonna just go home this afternoon and go to GYGO tomorrow and since I'ma gon be at home anyway, I'll stay there for the entire weekend. Sorry this didn't work out! Next, next week, mm'kay?

**There will be NO Smash event at LTU this weekend due to low interest and in lieu of the awesomeness that GYGO will be.**
PS Will there be any available controllers at GYGO (as I don't have one of my own) or is it going to be strictly BYOC?
i don't really care if there's only a few people, actually i'd prefer the extra play time. but yes, the awesomeness of smash X takes precedence. next week is cool, but isn't there a umb next week? you said you wanted to do LTU in the UMB offweeks, but maybe they're off for spring break, i don't know.

what kind of rotation are you thinking vayseth? i suppose it depends on how many ppl...

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
i don't really care if there's only a few people, actually i'd prefer the extra play time. but yes, the awesomeness of smash X takes precedence. next week is cool, but isn't there a umb next week? you said you wanted to do LTU in the UMB offweeks, but maybe they're off for spring break, i don't know.

what kind of rotation are you thinking vayseth? i suppose it depends on how many ppl...
Uh, I had said next, NEXT week (meaning in two weeks).

Vayseth

Smash Master
U of M is on spring break next week so I doubt there will be a UMB next week.

The rotation will be winner stays, 3 switch out, FFAs. If there's a small group of people with no issues with 1v1s, that's fine. Winner will switch out after 5 consecutive victories (if any of you are too pro XD). We'll play it by hear mostly.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Everybody go watch the Tony Blair Witch Project, it's almost as good as a Sci-Fi original movie.

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
Thats probably when the UMB is going to be because next week we are off for spring break. The next UMB, like I said, will probably be on the 29th or 1st.
Grrrr.... can I get a link to the UMB thread so I can get some of this info first hand from the souce?

Also, will there be parking at the GYGO event or will we have to find a parking garage? I'll be leaving in a bit to go there. I'm brining one or two of my newbie friends, too.

G4MER4LIFE

Smash Apprentice
hey russell, i'll be up for going to the next smashfest =) in 2 weeks u say? on what day exactly? i'll find out more later. But ye this is dave, i went to a couple smashfests b4.

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
Whoo!! The GYGO event was a lot of fun! It was really cool to get my hands on Brawl for the first time. However, whenever there's something new there are mixed feelings and I'm not 100% sure what I think of about Brawl. The fact that they took L-Canceling made the game feel a lot slower and I'm not sure weather it's because I just started playing but it didn't seem to have the same sort of finesse that melee has.

hey russell, i'll be up for going to the next smashfest =) in 2 weeks u say? on what day exactly? i'll find out more later. But ye this is dave, i went to a couple smashfests b4.
Oh, hey! Yeah, the LTU event will either be on Friday or Saturday (depending on interest of the community here). I guess two weeks means that it'll be either... the 29th of the 1st. What day sounds better to people?

gevenstaines

Smash Cadet
why do ppl keep saying they played brawl? say it with me: da-i-ra-n-to-u-su-ma-shu-bu-ra-ze-e-zu-ek-ku-su

yeah, smash X is awesome, but brawl will prolly have megaman and zero as playable characters.... [/delusions]

G4MER4LIFE

Smash Apprentice
ye i'll have to see russel, it depends on my ride and stuff. So you say friday or saturday either the 29th or the 1st right?

NarutoShocker

Smash Ace
why do ppl keep saying they played brawl? say it with me: da-i-ra-n-to-u-su-ma-shu-bu-ra-ze-e-zu-ek-ku-su

yeah, smash X is awesome, but brawl will prolly have megaman and zero as playable characters.... [/delusions]

The reason why they say they played BRAWL is because they aren't Japanese. You are an american so you use how it's said in AMERICA. It's the exact same game. Call it x if you want but i'm gonna laugh if you start callin it brawl when it comes out.

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
ye i'll have to see russel, it depends on my ride and stuff. So you say friday or saturday either the 29th or the 1st right?
Um... yeah. I do believe I said that in a post just before, didn't I?

would it be the same time if it were friday or saturday?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. I'm open to having it any time on friday OR saturday (but probably not two days in a row). We could also switch up the times every other week, if that's what people want.
Oh, a friend of mine on campus and I may also be planing an anime showing event on fridays and such. I'm sure anyone would be open to come. That's still in its infant stage, tho.

Top Bottom