• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
good stuff MI! i better see one of them in the top 5...but seriously hopefully we get a couple in the top 32.

EDIT: lain didnt do teams? jeez.

and i just noticed, there were only 224 singles entrants? what happend to breaking 400??? ...so now i can say i placed last in the SECOND LARGEST melee tournament ever. thats awesome.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
BTW Ankoku. I didn't go to pound. Someone entered as my name because I couldn't get a refund, so I gave it up to anybody that wanted.

Also, Dazwa didn't go. None of Maine went due to a car crash >_>

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
Woah... looks like a lot has happened since I last read the boards. Mostly ******ing, though. Heh, someone mentioned earlier that we haven't had any Southefield games in a while. I know at Lawrence Tech, here, I've been quite busy and I haven't even heard from Rash since last semester! Was anybody still interested in having later (maybe starting after 7pm) smash events here? For anyone who either never came or doesn't remember, the dorms here sport fairly large TVs in the lounges of North Housing. If you did want to come, you'd have to have someone let you in the front door so I'd prolly have to organize these things. I'll check back in a while to see if there's any interest.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
yeah russell, rash was talking about starting something up on saturdays in another thread a couple days ago, havent heard when hes actually going to start though...

oh and from the pound 3 thread: "MD/VA beat Midwest (by 12 stock)".

NOOOOOOO MIDWEST!

i cant get on the tia site for some reason right now, so dunno who made it to 3rd round pools...

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
Woah... looks like a lot has happened since I last read the boards. Mostly ******ing, though. Heh, someone mentioned earlier that we haven't had any Southefield games in a while. I know at Lawrence Tech, here, I've been quite busy and I haven't even heard from Rash since last semester! Was anybody still interested in having later (maybe starting after 7pm) smash events here? For anyone who either never came or doesn't remember, the dorms here sport fairly large TVs in the lounges of North Housing. If you did want to come, you'd have to have someone let you in the front door so I'd prolly have to organize these things. I'll check back in a while to see if there's any interest.
Thanks russ... just let me know when you're free man. these things practically depend on you since you are the only one who has ready access to north housing.

like i was posting in the other thread, biweekly saturdays might work, but i don't want it to be one of those things where it's just you, me, two gamecubes and three tvs.

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
lol! Nice to hear from you! Biweekly (once every other week) on Saturday would be great! Would you want to start this Saturday? I'm planning on being here for the weekend.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Go Mango! Smasher starting in 2007 and taking a national level tournament only one year later!

Levitas

the moon
The UMB is the university of Michigan biweekly, it's in Ann Arbor and has it's own thread. It has pretty good draw from all of Michigan.

Congrats to Midwest for a solid performance at Pound 3!

Kail

Smash Lord
Well it's hard on money right now, and none of the UMB regulars except Dope came to any of the GR tourneys. So why should we come all they way out there if you guys aren't willing to come out here?

I know rides might be hard but it's pointless for us to keep coming there if no one is willing to get you guys here.

Also, I'm in my third year so basically I don't have an ounce of free time.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You oughtta know how badly I want to make these :(. Well, except for that one last one, since it was on the same day as a UMB. But yeah.

I'll try to make it over for the things you guys host over the summer, tho'. Count on it, ze.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
montross/lipton come over my apartment and play brawl.... midland come out this weekend.

edit: ill probably start open invite brawl fests too anther and all u other guys are welcome (there wont be ton of spots though cause well theres only one setup). ill post up details soon

alcoady

Smash Ace
I know rides might be hard but it's pointless for us to keep coming there if no one is willing to get you guys here.
Tru story.

also, i would just like to say Antoine is the **** for making brackets at pound.

i'll try to make the next umb, like i said and so far it's lookin' likely. maybe chris / andrew wanna hit this up w/ me because of Driving complications for myself...

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
Anther actually just pretends he couldn't 4 stock us all at will to make us feel better about ourselves. Also, he has sexy hair.

Qinopio

Smash Journeyman
Haha, awesome... never noticed my name in the first post. Those Grosse Pointe area smashfests were good times - the scene hadn't even really picked up back then.

Yeah I've been out of the competitive scene for a while but I'm really eager to get back into things. I'm in East Lansing now, really hoping to find some Smashers. I have a modded Wii and Brawl.

Edit: Liptonbuddy, don't you still have my copy of Melee? :p

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Qinopio you should come out to Ann Arbor for the UMB's. I don't know how good you are, but we have a pika main that made 25th at pound 3. Who doesn't want to play against that?

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
Southfield? I'm game.... where at?
Have you ever been to Lawrence Tech?
Here's the addy...
Lawrence Technological University • 21000 West Ten Mile Road • Southfield, MI 48075-1058

click! -> Map to Lawrence Tech <- click!

It's near the corner there on W. 10 Mile and the Northwestern Service Drive. I was thinking that we could have some sort of events every other week that UMB isn't meeting. We'd be meeting in North Housing (this 4 story building that you can see off of the service drive). Message me if you're still interested so I can look into officially setting something up. It'd be nice to actually play with some people and not 'bots... :-( Cheers!

-Russell

Dr. Science

Smash Apprentice
Actually I live off of 10 mile and berg... Sounds good, My friend Darius goes to lawerence tech, and i'm sure I can get a bunch of my peeps to come if it's that close.

LEts set it up!

I have a gamecube with two controllers, my friends all have gamecubes and respective controllers/copies of smash, we may need tvs though.

know anyone with brwal?

Top Bottom