• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Bang 57

Smash Rookie
I can do that, lol. I was REALLY active, but then, that happend, then Jail, and losing interest, and now, yeah. I think I am going to get back into it when I get off of my tether on July 13th!!!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
On the 23rd, are ppl going to GR or PlanetX? haven't made up my mind which one i'm going to. and i know ankoku, you can't make it to either.

Bang 57

Smash Rookie
OF COURSE YOU ******!!! What do you think I am, stupid? If I would not have short hoped it, her friend would have had more than enough time to come up around me and BEAT MY A*S!!!

She would have down smashed or something!!! Peachy Hoe!!!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
i don't think mikey's going (could easily be wrong), yeah, since you're going, $100 is lookin kinda nice, but planetx only needs like 16 ppl other than me that i can beat to make the money even w/ coming in 2nd at GR. not to say that i'd beat everyone there or anything, anther, dope, could just randomly show up, and then there'd have to be a whole bunch of n00bs for 2nd place there to be as much as in GR. I don't even know what i'm saying anymore, i figured the SH crew was going to GR, i just wanted to know who else (that's good competition) is going where.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I've always got new tricks, like the last whole bunch of times i've played, i forgot to use several techniques i can now use consistently. But not to divert from the question i'm asking:

WHO'S GOING TO WHICH TOURNEY?

lain

Smash Master
mikey isn't going to either because of a graduation thing.

everyone is going to grand rapids. anyone going to southfield is a scrub.

Firebrand713

Smash Apprentice
I recommend our tourny, and not just because I'm throwing it.

We have an established presence and lots of local competition comes out simply because they know we have our stuff together. If you look at the brackets from our last tourny, you will see that 2 out of the top 5 were local guys, namely myself and Lock. 'sides, Scotu, I imagine that people will be tempted by the set pot and head to GR, not realizing that with only about 16 people we will have a larger pot. And if the good people (Dope) head out to GR, you know you arent going to be getting 1st. Dont go a huge distance for second, make the educated decision =)

RapE

Smash Ace
I think im just gonna go to any tounry to beat scotu (never think youll win it makes you look like an *******) :).....also bigy we have to money match next time i see you i got acouple more trickiezzz.

<3 everyone mostly dope, hochi and joel but i guess i have some extra for others lol

lain

Smash Master
that is the thing. i could go to southfield and win (provided anther, biy, or dope doesn't come), OR i could actually learn something by playing people who aren't scrubs at GR.

decisions...

NarutoShocker

Smash Ace
The best time to learn something isn't at tournaments because no one is really playin around. They're all playin for keeps and the really good ones are gonna pull out all the stops. That's what smashfests are for. Those are a more friendly and educational environment. Tournaments are all about money.

Firebrand713

Smash Apprentice
Wait wait wait. Your gonna come and win Lain?

MM again? This time just big5 randoms. haha. I wish I had a camera recording when I hit you with the volcano foot. I wouldnt discount southfield so readily.

lain

Smash Master
how about $10. hahaha. best of 5. next time i see you okay?

yeah i sort of wanted to die when i got hit by that.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
you did, i've never really heard falco scream like that before. Oh, @****: i wasn't trying to say i'd win, becuase there are probably 478 ppl in MI that could beat me, i'm was just trying to figure out which one i had the best chance of placing.
@ firebrand: i know that w/ 22 ppl, you have a larger 1st place pot ($150), but for your 2nd place pot, youd need 34 ppl to make 2nd place prize better, and since you don't do a standard pot distribution, you can't ever beat the third place prize of GR.
I still don't know which one i'm going to though.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
firebrand, sorry, but the only reason you were top5 was because
1. the brackets were really messed up. i think everyone agreed on that.
2. you didn't have to face dope until really late, and the only other person you had to deal with was mikey and malice (ankoku was playing really retardedly that match so he doesn't count), and i'd put money that malice would beat you if he played you again.
3. you never had to face lain, nario, or myself.
firebrand, you're a bit better than most of us would expect, but the two of you were by no means in the top 5 people there. If that was true, the two of you would have done a lot better in teams. You're not a bad guy, but i just felt the need to state this. sorry if it's a bit harsh.

i still haven't decided on which tourney to go to. GR has bigy who i don't imagine being able to beat in a set at the moment. planetx will be possibly anther, scotu, lain, all players that i do fairly close against. plus, doubles is always fun with scotu or lain.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Okay, there are too many things bothering me now, so I'll have to address them all at once.

:: The best time to learn something isn't at tournaments because no one is really playin around. They're all playin for keeps and the really good ones are gonna pull out all the stops. That's what smashfests are for. Those are a more friendly and educational environment. Tournaments are all about money.
Wrong. You're never going to learn the experience of counterpicks and besides money matches (which, hey, have money involved) will never feel the actualy pressure of a tournament match. Smashfests can happen at any time, but they're usually a gathering of friends you've probably already played against. Tournaments give the broadest range of experience and usually are an accurate measure of how far you still have to go.

::Wait wait wait. Your gonna come and win Lain?

MM again? This time just big5 randoms. haha. I wish I had a camera recording when I hit you with the volcano foot. I wouldnt discount southfield so readily.

You're calling out lain because you hit him with a Volcano Kick? And what's this about Big5? There are six neutral stages. It'd take more than Ganon's UTilt to not discount Southfield, unfortunately. Also, until you stop thinking about playing differently and actually start playing differently, I will seethe at the lack of progress made.

:: (ankoku was playing really retardedly that match so he doesn't count)
No johns, not even from someone else supporting me. I was a moron, I needed the experience to teach me how much of one I was.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
so true. plus i mess around too much in friendlies (and even some MMs) to seriously learn that much, so tourneys are the best environment for learning. if only i didn't get so nervous playing really good people in tournaments.

And playing with counterpicks really adds a lot more to the game. You haven't seen mikey's peach really play until he gets his mute city...

Firebrand713

Smash Apprentice
Malice doesnt count either I guess? And I can fairly consistantly beat Ankoku, that was no fluke at all. Besides which, isnt the definition of mindgames "getting your opponant to play retardedly"? Getting hit by mass ftilts is just my personal mindgame, lol.

I wish I had faced both you and lain in the tourny. When you guys came up, I did beat you in the first 2 games of both matches.

I've picked up a new char and learned new techniques with one of my old ones even since I played you last, so I look forwards to seeing you both soon.

Edit: Yeah, much like in working out, I've hit a plateau of smash skill it seems, when I recieve little benefit from learning new skills and things. I would like to take a break from smash to lose some bad habits and cement good ones, but I cant do that without losing money. In addition, I have no one good to play with (besides my one friend who is awesome at the game, but we have played each other so much that the matches have become, well, stale), and whomping on nubs is a good way to get lazy.

Kinda lose lose, you know? But all I can do about it is keep trying, keep talking mad stuff to get people to come up, and keep playing.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
My playing in the first two games was slow and really weird. No johns. Mikey and ankoku can attest to that. Even still, neither were hugely convincing wins, and they don't make up for the fact that you got 2 stocked then 3 stocked (and a jv4) every game after that.

Getting hit by multiple ftilts in a row is NOT mindgames, it's anoku doing really stupid DI (SDI?).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hah, that'd be funny. No, not just DIing the ftilts to get hit by more, but SDIing them so that he can eventually switch to utilts too! That would indeed qualify for the other SDI.

Firebrand713

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha, I agree.

Shiek tilts are most definately ftw.

One last thing before I leave for school: I agree, volcano kick is nothing special, I'm just poking fun at lain who got hit by one in a money match. Oh, and excuses are like herpes, everyone has em, and some people have more types than others. Come out and play me again.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
How about you show up to one of our places? We won't even charge you a fee.

EDIT: It's Sheik.
And excuses aren't as cool a word as johns.

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
I think im just gonna go to any tounry to beat scotu (never think youll win it makes you look like an *******) :).....also bigy we have to money match next time i see you i got acouple more trickiezzz.

<3 everyone mostly dope, hochi and joel but i guess i have some extra for others lol
a so when u want me to come to midland and whats your ****ing cell and when is that chick comin from ohio

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
****ing **** leave your cell number on the boards and dope your never home ****ing loser joel sucks lol just playin but **** we all got to get together before i leave for basic training every body love to party weith the #1 black guy lol taeciouse

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
****ing **** leave your cell number on the boards and dope your never home ****ing loser joel sucks lol just playin but **** we all got to get together before i leave for basic training every body love to party weith the #1 black guy lol taeciouse
what.... tae you almost made my list man, what are you talking about???

you were like #12!

haha man i'm just messin around... or am i? who knows. I don't even think i know. Oh, if you havent gotten a chance to read the thread, now is a great time to do so. It's the 1st Annual Shibbypod Awards thread. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

I love link, tae, he is sexy

Top Bottom