• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Ill ask here, what are the dimensions of the black bars while recording wii games?

I have to go over the Outrage II videos because I wasnt taking care of the stream the whole time, Im definitly changing the layout for next time but the black bars annoy me more then clutter... also ill apologize before hand there wasnt any sound recorded for some reason and their is dropped frames in a few of the matches, probably becase we had 3 streams and my laptop couldnt handle it

me9595

Smash Apprentice
im assuming that somebody requires the use of my pokemon black for things of unspeakable evils (trading pokemon to evolve them)

stewyian

Smash Ace
fyi, it looks like smash will happen tomorrow my place, mitch and nigel are all u can expect along with me obviosuly from my crew, lmk if ur coming, anytime after 3, smash prolly will also happen saturday too but we can talk about that tomorrow

W.C.N

Smash Lord
fyi, it looks like smash will happen tomorrow my place, mitch and nigel are all u can expect along with me obviosuly from my crew, lmk if ur coming, anytime after 3, smash prolly will also happen saturday too but we can talk about that tomorrow
is this happening

LOE1

Smash Lord
I might show up today, but its not too likely. tomorrow I should be there though

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I like it, it looks as if he is about to enter a gate into another world. Tiny things would be to fix around the edges.

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
I'm looking into getting some equipment to record matches to upload. What do you guys recommend that's affordable?

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
Well the prices for those 2 (dazzle and hauppauge) are comparable. So what makes one better than the other?

W.C.N

Smash Lord
I use a dazzle and have been at a tournament where I was streaming and everyone preffered every other tv because it made the screen so dark and yeah that youtube explains the rest

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
That vid is the HD version, so it wouldn't be what I'd get. I'm wondering if the regular hauppauge haup610 is not darker as well or if it's just cuz it was an HD version.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Splitting any video signal with an unpowered splitter cable (which is what most of you guys seem to use) will obviously make the image darker. The best solution I've found is buying one of these A/V cables, hooking the S-Video up to the capture card and the yellow composite video cable to the TV, then splitting the audio signal as normal.

Generally every composite A/V video capture card is pretty poverty and some do a slightly better job than others. I have personally had the greatest level of success with the KWORLD DVD Maker and the JMT AV Grabber, but go with whatever you like honestly, as long as it can capture S-Video you're golden.

Also I'm hurt that WCN would link Ushio's silly little guide from a week ago when I made a far more detailed article with multiple options and descriptions of pros/cons ages ago. Though Ushio's guide covers setting up stream software.

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
I'm not at the streaming step yet. Just wanna get a youtube channel going for now. Don't have a nice enough laptop yet. Just a little acer aspire one.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Maestro, I highly recommend reading aisight's guide. I got some pretty damn good results following his guide. And by pretty damn good, I mean results that I'm finally satisfied with.

Basically, VirtualDub (the capture software) + S-Video = the best quality that you can get from your capture card. Unless you had to go through what I had to go through in the past which is having a weak computer, then either Pinnacle Studio 12, InterVideo WinDVR3, or Debut Video Capture Software would do.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
I had seen that blog recently and had it bookemarked the old bookmark of Aisights blog seemed to disappear

Top Bottom