• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

LOE1

Smash Lord
man i wanna secondary but my best char other than wario is that ***** mk :|

W.C.N

Smash Lord
learn ICs your already used to waiting forever nonw you just need to learn grab=death

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Dammit tutu after i got a sword the candybox thing got interesting
I had the diamond sword polished, getting 4 lolipops a second... then i played candy crush and my laptop immediatly shut down causing me to lose it all

JTsm

Smash Master
Yooooooooooo hype for Oblivion :snake:

Also, I might be moving to AA in 2 years.... :denzel:

JTsm

Smash Master
Okay Apasher, one thing you should know right off the bat: EMU sucks.

If I were you, I would try my ****ing ass off to go into MSU or something like that. I only went to EMU because I got free 2 years of college classes + scholarship each semester. If that wasn't around, I would have definitely went to Western MI or MSU. Please don't go to Ypsi. pls. Such a bad school.

LOE1

Smash Lord
i love how we talking about college choices :p.

but rly you people kinda talked me into going to UoM dearborn as an option since alot of you guys did it. listen well young apash

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Aaron, be careful whose advice you take, especially for decisions like choice of college lol. Don't be stuck in the world where you ask your classmates "what are you doing" and do the exact same thing, that doesn't work after high school.

JTsm

Smash Master
I mean, I'm just telling him how I feel about it. If it's the right choice for him, then go for it.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Aaron, be careful whose advice you take, especially for decisions like choice of college lol. Don't be stuck in the world where you ask your classmates "what are you doing" and do the exact same thing, that doesn't work after high school.

worked for me for all my hw the past 4 years

Roller

Smash Legend
You only started doing that in college?

I'm baffled by people who bother doing their own homework from middle school on..

Apasher, real talk tho. (Not that the above ISN'T real talk.)

My suggestion would be that if you can't get into a MSU level college (I highly recommend applying even if you are below what they list as average credentials, btw) then go to whatever school is cheapest after accounting for scholarships/financial aid. Do your work and you'll get good grades, shouldn't be too hard at one of those schools if you actually apply yourself; then after 2 years at the lower level school with high grades apply to transfer into MSU/UM/wherever you want. I've seen a lot of people do it, and they save a lot of money by not having to pay much for their first 1-2 years. It's completely do-able if you really want it.

JTsm

Smash Master
Aaron's got this. MSU is something that he should really go for. EMU is just traditional and I don't think it would help him that much. I know some of my friends went to WCC for their 1st year and then applied/got accepted at MSU.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I think it depends on the major I want to get into though.

Here is the list of colleges that offer bachelor's degrees for Computer Science:

And here is the list of colleges that offer master's degrees for it:

Unless CareerCruising is a dirty liar and I should never use such a source, an MSU/UM level college only offers a master's degree for the major I want to get into (and of course, I'm supposed to get my bachelor's first). I'm not sure how going to a CC then transferring to UM/MSU would work if they only offer a master's degree for the major I want to get into.

zyth

Smash Lord
I went to howard university in DC my first year apash. it had nothing I wanted, I just went because of a full ride and my parents didnt approve of me goin elsewhere to study game design.

I realize now it was a waste of time and shoulda went to a school with the major i wanted in the first place

Top Bottom