• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Roller

Smash Legend
...jtsm has been a snake main. And still is. He's picking :gw: up as a secondary.

As far as trying.. We have been playing only ~once a week in AA, spending the majority of the time BSing in doubles friendlies. As opposed to when we had been actively trying last semester and playing nearly every day.

Also.

this weekend was Lordy's tourney
next weekend=retribution
following weekend I will most likely be hosting a tourney in AA
week after that is youmacon
week after that will probably wind up being the EL tourney, since every other week is taken, if not then it will be Lordy's next monthly
week after that is rsr2's tourney
week after that is thanksgiving
week after that is PS5
week after that would be the first opening for either Lordy's tourney or the EL one (whichever doesn't take the 10th of next month) or the next DRDN tourney, since I believe he wants to hold another, and that is the first open date.
week after that would probably be another of the ones mentioned
week after that is christmas
week after that people are mostly bus still with winter vacation ****
week after that is week before apex, there will be a practice tourney somewhere. I'll host if nobody else does.

That leaves holiday weekends being the only ones where there AREN'T tourneys either in MI, or with at least 10 MI players traveling out for, until the middle of January.

I have no idea what you're talking about with "barely any tourneys."

Roller

Smash Legend
I mean, there have been tourneys every other weekend so far. I don't think that's slow at all. That's really solid, actually.

September had Lordy's 1st tourney and Get Low
and so far this month we've had DRDNfest and Lordy's 2nd tourney.

That's 4 tourneys in under a month and a half..

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I agree with Roller, people just aren't taking advantage of the tournaments that are being hosted. I mean even L_Cancel is PR eligible now...We have plenty of tournies, ppl just fail to come to them.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Out of all those tourneys you just listed 3 of them are listed in the tourney section. 1 of them is an anime convention, aka $60 venue fee aka random mi players like me arent going to go unless they like anime. Everything else is hypothetical or a low key house tourney...more of a smashfest.

Lets see what my options for tourneys are: small house tourneys <15 people, drive 5 hours to an mk banned tourney and not enter, pay $60 to go to an anime convention, or wait for a theoretical tournament that isnt official yet. The only normal tourney I see in michigan this season is ps5.

so which tourneys do i go to out of those? -____-

oh and my bad, last month i thought jtsm told me he was maining mk. I might be confusing that with apasher -.- i dont rememebr

JTsm

Smash Master
I have already listed up the PR ranking stuff on word. Trying to keep up this season.

Marco: As far as MK goes, I tried playing him and I just can't seem to get him. My mindset is just... eh. GW is just a secondary for CP's like Pika, DDD, and etc. Plus Unity ruleset BS like RC and Brinstar. GW is just swag and I like playing him. I deff need to work on stuff, but I can use him competitively. I was only saying I would main MK because I was salty at WTP's house tourney. lol

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
oh gotcha, well thats cool i like GW. I wish i could play him but i can never find enough options. He doesnt have enough responses for me

ill help fzk host something after my gre in november

Roller

Smash Legend
The EL one is definitely confirmed. Just haven't picked which of the weekends they're doing it yet. rsr's is also confirmed, just hasn't made the thread. Lordy's never have threads.. The thread doesn't really mean anything.

And the only thing keeping tourneys to ~15 people is people like you saying that.. Plus, I'm fine with 15 person tourneys. What's the problem? I can't see it being the fact you can't win much money, seeing as you have yet to show you can get to the finals of a tourney anyway. Small tourneys mean more time and space for friendlies/seriouslies/MMs, meaning you get to play/practice more.

Yeah, Retribution being mk banned is dumb, I agree. I can't help them being *******s tho. And that is one tournament out of what will amount to being ~10 this season.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Yeah, Retribution being mk banned is dumb, I agree. I can't help them being *******s tho. And that is one tournament out of what will amount to being ~10 this season.
i was going to wait and see how GH2 went but determining MK legality 1 month before a tournament happens is generally considered as a no-no

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
it would also kill your oos attendance, obvi.

i probably won't see you mi guys on friday since i don't believe i'm coming home to columbus that day, instead just going straight to cincy, but i'll see you guys sat and maybe sunday.

pech's breakfast is really good, btw for those crashing with him.

What's The Point

Smash Master
So Gio is claiming that he wants to go to Retribution. Now my car is full and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't go in any other car. So I'd either need to kick somebody out to another car or trunk somebody.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
So Gio is claiming that he wants to go to Retribution. Now my car is full and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't go in any other car. So I'd either need to kick somebody out to another car or trunk somebody.
The Fish Flop Car technically has room for 1 more. So JTSM COULD take an AA person if Gio really wants to go.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
The Fish Flop Car technically has room for 1 more. So JTSM COULD take an AA person if Gio really wants to go.
I doubt this is going to happen lmao.

And unless Gio really wants to hang with his favorite Midwest people really badly, I can't see him wanting to do 8 hours of awkward carpooling to an.event where he's handicapped.

Roller

Smash Legend
You misunderstood Ori's post. He's not suggesting that Gio ride with FF. He's suggesting that another AA player currently in WTP's car switch to JTsm's so that Gio can ride with WTP.

ZTD | TECHnology

Oh that makes way more sense.

I have been cramming computer and business concepts in my head pretty much non stop since Saturday. I'm surprised, Im still coherent at this point.

**** school.

Roller

Smash Legend
I vote that THuGz switch. Leaf doesn't really know most of MI yet, and I think he'd have a better time in a car where he actually knows at least some of the people. Plus he cares more about the game than THuGz right now, as THuGz hasn't done anything smash related in months. And I feel as though priority should be given to the people who will be trying to make the most of the weekend.

LOE1

Smash Lord
still not confirmed for retribution until i know i have a ride with macomb

Roller

Smash Legend
KSev, you guys are still able to take Lain, right? Pretty sure he's still interested. He texted me today asking about practicing for it. Would you have room for both Lain and LOE1?

you know there's a 0% chance he's actually going

and yeah i wanna go this weekend. i kinda wanna get out of AA for a bit.

i'll go GW or something. enough to body u scrubs, right zinoto?? :yeahboi:

JTsm

Smash Master
Thugz has trunk if he's going. I got 5 people going.

Me
Xatic
Ori
WuvS
Jack.

ZTD | TECHnology

This is pretty much how it always is when MI invades OH.

However,this time Zinoto and Lain aren't going to be the only ones placing really high this time. I wanna see that support and cheering going on this time. I'll come spectate, coach, or hype for anyone who requests it.

Except Zinoto. He's too free.

:denzel:

Top Bottom