• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Diddy is actually easier to play against when you're a high leveled player.

If you're bad like me and can't simply read and get around his banana throws properly, you'll have a tougher time and think that he is broken as ****.

:olimar: on the other hand... :denzel:

:phone:

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
If Diddy throws bananas at your shield, you loses. All you have to do is jump outta shield and catch, and punish his follow-up. #1 mistake I see against people who struggle in this MU is just not doing anything about the bananas that are thrown at them.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
The main problem I have vs Diddy is that I don't know WHEN the Diddy is going to throw his banana, but when I do see a situation where the Diddy is going to throw the banana, I don't react fast enough to shield them, because his throws are so ****ing fast.

:phone:

JTsm

Smash Master
If Diddy throws bananas at your shield, you loses. All you have to do is jump outta shield and catch, and punish his follow-up. #1 mistake I see against people who struggle in this MU is just not doing anything about the bananas that are thrown at them.
A lot of characters don't jump high enough to instantly grab the banana, which lets diddy hit them.

also what wtp said, diddy can just body you for doing that, or if he has a second banana anywhere near him he'll frame trap your landing.

what you should do is just pick Wario and eat them. They heal him.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
You guys are right, they way I worded it made it seem like the end all option vs Diddy, which it isn't. What I meant was you can't just stand there and take the banana hits for free without doing anything. A lot of people don't react out of their shield, and just let Diddy run them over. Good clarification though XD

Zinoto

Smash Lord
If :diddy: throws a banana you can:

1. Insta-throw it back.
2. Shield it and punish his approach (usually a dash attack or a grab)
3. Jump up and throw it straight down.
4. Run away
5. Aerial out of shield

I don't understand why ppl get hit by bananas :troll:

L_Cancel

Smash Champion

1. Insta-throw it back.
2. Shield it and punish his approach (usually a dash attack or a grab)
4. Run away
5. Aerial out of shield

I don't understand why ppl get hit by bananas :troll:
yeahhh, what I find more difficult then responding to a banana thrown, is a setup where I'm trapped into a banana already there. T_T

JTsm

Smash Master

1. Insta-throw it back.
2. Shield it and punish his approach (usually a dash attack or a grab),
4. Run away
5. Aerial out of shield
I'm not diddy tho.

1. Insta-throw it back. - whatever diddy does will catch it
2. Shield it and punish his approach (usually a dash attack or a grab), - if you shield the banana and diddy tries to follow up with grab, your only options are to spotdodge the grab or jump Oos, if you spotdodge you get tripped by the falling banana, if you jump and do a move you get hit by the falling banana, leaving you with the option of jumping and catching the banana, but since most characters dont jump high enough to grab it instantly, by the time you actally get it, diddy has recovered from whatever lag he was in.
3. Jump up and throw it straight down. - covered in the thing above
4. Run away - eventually you run out of stage
5. Aerial out of shield - this will miss diddy unless hes also in the air, and if hes in the air, hes fairing, which will beat whatever aerial you do

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Tutu get off of Kyle's account lol.

Idk I don't find the :diddy: MU too difficult. It comes down to whether or not you have good item play.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
If the person mains :metaknight: it'd be a good idea, but if there's any MU that :diddy: players know, it's the :metaknight: one.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
50 page minimum sorry

next season maybe

btw the samus pr is for multiple smash games. For example my 64 samus is #1 on the PR. Then ducks melee samus is #2 then my metroid fusion samus is #3 (close enough to a smash game, refer to documentation for relationship) then #4 is zinotos yoshi

thats all i have so far

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yo Kyle, I totally forgot about sending you the Melee info for SPAU2, here it is lol.

---

$10 Melee Singles per person
$5 Melee Doubles per person ($10 per team)

Payout:

Melee Singles
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

Melee Doubles
1st: 65%
2nd: 35%

---

Ruleset:

* 4 stock, 8:00 minutes
* Items OFF
* Sets are best-of-3 except WF, LF, and GF, which are best-of-5.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers's Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
* Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Dave's Modified Rule: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
* Neutral Spawn Points: Players may elect to use neutral spawn points to decide controller ports for the first match in case of any disputes.

Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle 64

Stage Strike for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character
5. Winner chooses their controller port (optional)
6. Loser chooses their controller port (optional)

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Friendly Fire is turned ON
* Pause is turned OFF

Ties in pools are broken in this order:
1. number of sets won
2. winning percentage in games (win/loss ratio)
3. head-to-head records

In the event of a three-way tie after all tiebreakers are exhausted, a best-of-1 round robin will be played out between the three players until there is a clear order of placements.

* Failure to report to your match within 10 minutes of its announcement will result in forfeiture of the first match, and then a complete disqualification after another 10 minutes has passed. You are responsible for knowing when you must be present at the venue.
* Plank's DQ Rule: Any and all disqualifications that are handed out at the tournament due to tardiness will be complete DQs, meaning you will be removed from both winners and losers bracket, or removed from the entire event if you're late for pools matches.
* Please only call a TO in the event of an emergency. We will have our hands full at the venue, and we are unlikely to pick up at busy times such as during check-in. Do not call asking for directions, it's your responsibility to view/print the maps we provided ahead of time.

---

Also, can you make these general changes in the thread OP and FB event:

* Venue closes at 11pm, that's when we'd get kicked out. Thread OP and FB event both say 12am Sunday ending time, which is also confusing.
* Some of the wording in the FB event implies it's only Brawl.
* You can remove "Melee link: TBA" from the thread OP, I won't be making a separate thread.
* Would be a good idea to bold/enlarge the August 25th text in the thread OP, I missed it the first time reading through.

Last thing is, we should incorporate this into the schedule:

3:00 P.M - 4:30 P.M. - Pools Wave 1
4:30 P.M. - 6:00 P.M. - Pools Wave 2
6:30 P.M. - Bracket starts

We'll need a wave 1 and wave 2 to avoid dual Brawl+Melee entrants from getting screwed over with time constraints.

JTsm

Smash Master
Yo Kyle, I totally forgot about sending you the Melee info for SPAU2, here it is lol.

---

$10 Melee Singles per person
$5 Melee Doubles per person ($10 per team)

Payout:

Melee Singles
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

Melee Doubles
1st: 65%
2nd: 35%

---

Ruleset:

* 4 stock, 8:00 minutes
* Items OFF
* Sets are best-of-3 except WF, LF, and GF, which are best-of-5.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers's Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
* Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Dave's Modified Rule: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
* Neutral Spawn Points: Players may elect to use neutral spawn points to decide controller ports for the first match in case of any disputes.

Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle 64

Stage Strike for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character
5. Winner chooses their controller port (optional)
6. Loser chooses their controller port (optional)

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Friendly Fire is turned ON
* Pause is turned OFF

Ties in pools are broken in this order:
1. number of sets won
2. winning percentage in games (win/loss ratio)
3. head-to-head records

In the event of a three-way tie after all tiebreakers are exhausted, a best-of-1 round robin will be played out between the three players until there is a clear order of placements.

* Failure to report to your match within 10 minutes of its announcement will result in forfeiture of the first match, and then a complete disqualification after another 10 minutes has passed. You are responsible for knowing when you must be present at the venue.
* Plank's DQ Rule: Any and all disqualifications that are handed out at the tournament due to tardiness will be complete DQs, meaning you will be removed from both winners and losers bracket, or removed from the entire event if you're late for pools matches.
* Please only call a TO in the event of an emergency. We will have our hands full at the venue, and we are unlikely to pick up at busy times such as during check-in. Do not call asking for directions, it's your responsibility to view/print the maps we provided ahead of time.

---

Also, can you make these general changes in the thread OP and FB event:

* Venue closes at 11pm, that's when we'd get kicked out. Thread OP and FB event both say 12am Sunday ending time, which is also confusing.
* Some of the wording in the FB event implies it's only Brawl.
* You can remove "Melee link: TBA" from the thread OP, I won't be making a separate thread.
* Would be a good idea to bold/enlarge the August 25th text in the thread OP, I missed it the first time reading through.

Last thing is, we should incorporate this into the schedule:

3:00 P.M - 4:30 P.M. - Pools Wave 1
4:30 P.M. - 6:00 P.M. - Pools Wave 2
6:30 P.M. - Bracket starts

We'll need a wave 1 and wave 2 to avoid dual Brawl+Melee entrants from getting screwed over with time constraints.
Done, done and..... wait for it..... ****.

Done ;)

Top Bottom