• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Roller

Smash Legend
You do realize Durant is not only averaging more points per game than any player in the series, including Lebron; but is also averaging a significantly higher shooting percentage than Lebron...

So I have no idea what you mean when you say he needs to "wake up." Westbrook has been playing fine for them too. Harden is DEFINITELY going to need to step it up for them to have a chance though. The heat are getting help all over from outside their big 3. Especially from Chalmers and Battier.

But even with the Thunder bench under-performing, the two teams have been basically dead even almost every game.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Sometimes it's not about the overall scoring numbers, but their performance during crunch time. Both Durant and Harden have been falling short of their expectations during 4th quarter crunch time almost this entire series...especially since Durant is their "superstar" or "go-to man" and frequently receives the ball in those situations. So yeah...they need to wake up and hold it down until that clock touches 0. LeFlop and Dwyane Whine at least deserve some props for stepping up to the plate against a team that matches their athleticism. Refs need to chill too, holy **** lol.

I also hate that most NBA players don't follow their damn shots for a chance at an offensive rebound. At least two players per team should stick around for one instead of the whole squad just backing off and getting to the other side of the court. 3 players is plenty enough to cover against a transition run until the other 2 make it back (which should only take a few seconds), just guard the perimeter and double anyone who tries to drive.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
dang, just got the wind knocked out of me...by nostalgia on youtube

anyone remember nsync, or bsb, or the giant concert for pokemon the movie 2000, or pokemon stadium, or swat kats

I could go on forever

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Random 90s stuff. Leggo.

Nsync, Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, Independence Day, Men in Black, Good Burger, Kenan and Kel, All That, Rugrats, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Alladin, Lion King, cheap gas prices

zyth

Smash Lord

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
So apparently Namco is making the next Smash game in conjunction with Sakurai/Project Sora. I just hope they do the balance and the online. Supposedly the Tekken team plus others from various teams will be helping make it. Is Tekken particularly balanced? I've never been part of the scene so I wouldn't know.

kd-

Smash Lord
So apparently Namco is making the next Smash game in conjunction with Sakurai/Project Sora. I just hope they do the balance and the online. Supposedly the Tekken team plus others from various teams will be helping make it. Is Tekken particularly balanced? I've never been part of the scene so I wouldn't know.
Not part of the Tekken scene myself, but consensus seems to be that it is balanced, many if not all characters are represented well in tournament -down to the second worst out of 40 characters - and that the game consists of characters that are either good or slightly overpowered.

Roller

Smash Legend
Tekken gets a lot of heat for how absurd it's combo strings are. Everything is really high risk/high reward, and tech skill is often consider to be overemphasized in the series.

Personally. I hope they design the Ice Climbers. ;)

Also, if they add a Plusle+Minun character... I may hop on a plane just to thank whomever is responsible. I want them soooo badly.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Eh, considering NAMCO has been building games based on tilt attacks and directional specific special attacks for longer than Nintendo has and they've been consistently good to fantastic(ToS2 notwithstanding), they've recently done fairly well in balancing their casts of protagonists to make them all playable since they started allowing for 4 player coop in their Tales of Series.

Still, I can't help but think what this means for the competitive aspect of the game, seeing as we are looking at a company who has a focus on competitive fighters. I don't expect massive engine changes, but on the other hand there wasn't a massive change in how the engine worked between Brawl and Melee, as can be seen by our own modding community which was able to work with the game's engine since it's inception.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I couldn't be any happier to know that Namco will be behind its development. I hold them in high regard.

kd-

Smash Lord
As someone in some thread I can't remember said, I wish they'd swap the buttons on the right with the second stick. Although I can't ever picture playing smash on a controller other than the Gamecube one. And hopefully the Tekken influence doesn't change something drastically, Tekken is one of my least favorite fighters.

Top Bottom