• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Tonight I narrowly avoided a career-ending loss to Anther's Pichu. Where you at Chad, you should've been here to take notes.

:phone:

ThrowTheAnhyzer

Smash Cadet
my friend and I are looking to meet new people to play with we dont know anyone around our are that plays on a regular basis and that is actually good or decent just looking to play with good kids ^_^

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hey, welcome to the MI boards. Where are you guys located? Most of MI smash happens in Ann Arbor but there are a good amount of us here in the Metro-Detroit area. If you guys are looking for Smash, I am hosting a smashfest tonight at my house in Sylvan Lake and there will be a good amount of players here for you guys to meet and play.

Stick around, post here, and get to know us. If you guys are on skype add Tutu(SailorTutu) or I(OriBro28) and we will add you into the MI skype group.

On that note, I am hosting a smashfest tonight at mi casa. Come for some good practice for SPAU.

Confirmed People
- Ori_bro
- Xatic
- Coco
- WuvS
- Ally
- Topix
- JTSM
- Zyth
- Ron
- LOFree1
- JCav

People are more than welcome to come, please bring setups if possible. This will start around 7/730

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Confirmed People
- Ori_bro
- Xatic
- Coco
- WuvS
- Ally
- Topix
- JTSM
- Zyth
- Ron
- LOFree1
- JCav
Unless Dan, Derek, and James really want to go I think we will just chill over at Dereks house because thats wayy too many people for a sf in your basement. =/

Yeah I made sure I put your PSP charger in my bag before I left for work this morning, however hot arms is going to be salty because I forgot the headset he wants from me. LMFAO

ThrowTheAnhyzer

Smash Cadet
Hey, welcome to the MI boards. Where are you guys located? Most of MI smash happens in Ann Arbor but there are a good amount of us here in the Metro-Detroit area. If you guys are looking for Smash, I am hosting a smashfest tonight at my house in Sylvan Lake and there will be a good amount of players here for you guys to meet and play.

Stick around, post here, and get to know us. If you guys are on skype add Tutu(SailorTutu) or I(OriBro28) and we will add you into the MI skype group.

On that note, I am hosting a smashfest tonight at mi casa. Come for some good practice for SPAU.

Confirmed People
- Ori_bro
- Xatic
- Coco
- WuvS
- Ally
- Topix
- JTSM
- Zyth
- Ron
- LOFree1
- JCav

People are more than welcome to come, please bring setups if possible. This will start around 7/730

There is a tournament in Ann Arbor tomorrow if you guys are interested!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318797

^^
There's the link to everything you guys need.
yes we will probably be coming tomorrow most likely , also a question for anyone we have 4 GC controllers that we have used for years but they are starting to get destroyed and prolly wont work great much longer does anyone know of were i can purchase brand new GC controllers locally?
ty looking forward to meeting everyone

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Your best bet is the white gamecube controllers you can buy from PlayAsia. Other than that, there arent many places that official GCN controllers.

fZk

Smash Lord
Yeah, good GC controllers are getting increasingly harder to find. You can get used ones in some used game stores but those are usually in bad condition but sometimes you get lucky and get good ones.

Some people here also fix controllers.

Stay away from third party and knock off controllers.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Your best bet is the white gamecube controllers you can buy from PlayAsia. Other than that, there arent many places that official GCN controllers.

He is referring to this controller.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-23-49-en-70-2ola.html

It's a tiny bit heavier than a regular gamecube controller but it feels more sturdy and it has an extra long cord.

But like ori said most places don;t have official gamecube controllers anymore. Your best bet is a local game store or game stop. But they can be either hit or miss, most places will let you take out the controller so you can get a feel for it. Just dont go out and buy a random one because you are the one that is going to be using it, so it needs to be comfortable for you to use.

Maybe if tutu see's the boards before tomorrow he has a bunch and could possibly sell you one for a good price (at least I thought he said he had a bunch.)

ThrowTheAnhyzer

Smash Cadet
He is referring to this controller.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-23-49-en-70-2ola.html

It's a tiny bit heavier than a regular gamecube controller but it feels more sturdy and it has an extra long cord.

But like ori said most places don;t have official gamecube controllers anymore. Your best bet is a local game store or game stop. But they can be either hit or miss, most places will let you take out the controller so you can get a feel for it. Just dont go out and buy a random one because you are the one that is going to be using it, so it needs to be comfortable for you to use.

Maybe if tutu see's the boards before tomorrow he has a bunch and could possibly sell you one for a good price (at least I thought he said he had a bunch.)
yeah ive seen and used the ones from play asia a few friends had them but yes if someone has extras and is willing to sell im willing to pay. Sincerly NtG

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'm not cramming myself in that basement around 3 TVs with over a dozen people there. Too hot. Id rather chill at home if that's the case.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm trying to think if I've had a sf here since i rearranged the basement. I now have room for like 5 or 6. But i'm not trying to force anyone to come over.

Roller

Smash Legend
I honestly have no idea why this one didn't.

I was running through my neighborhood, and went to run in the tennis courts.. The bunny was there when I entered. I just started running along the outside edge of the courts. The bunny didn't move much for the first minute or two. Then he started running in circles mimicking me as I ran by.

After a while I was like. Ok. I think it likes me. Let's see if I can get closer. So I went up to it slowly from the front, so I didn't sneak up and spook it. And I made that noise where you click your tongue to get squirrels' attention in AA. And. It let me get really close. And eventually, through repetition, I got it to run in a circle when I clicked my tongue.

It took a while to get it to realize I wanted it to circle the water bottle though..

But I'm a pokemon master. So.

Yeah.

Top Bottom