• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

What's The Point

Smash Master
I'll take AA to Tech's on Friday. The earlier the better.

I don't know what Ally's plan was but I can pick him up from Tech's place to Skynet in the morning.

Anyone want my Dazzle? Mine doesn't work on my real laptop and I think my old one kept crashing so I think it's done.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Gonna pull a hot arms. For free?

I'm trying to figure out Elliot's situation at the moment also. I know he told me that he would only need a ride to the venue so idk what going on with him. He said he would contact me some time during the week to figure everything out so just waiting on him atm.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I'd like about $10 for it which is like free to us white people. It doesn't come with Pinnacle because I lost the CD and all the cords and splitters I'm keeping since I'd like to get something to replace the Dazzle eventually.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
We going to techs friday night to smash and it kind of depends on what time the tourny ends and how i feel if we will stay with lordy on satirday night.

Ill pick you up. Idk what time yet.

Txt me so i have your number (586) 713-8664

:phone:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm saving up before Michigan's next tournament so I won't be near broke when I see you guys next time. Not being able to money match Zinoto at Vengeance really sucked so to make up for it...I'll be money matching all of your heavy hitters (and then some) at Phoenix Saga 4. Every set will take place on my Wii/TV, and every set will be uploaded by me. It's time I start reminding everyone in the Midwest and beyond just how scary I can be when I'm active and in top form. Be ready to come at me Michigan...I'll be ready for you.

Protip: Mikey experience will not help you very much against me. Walk into your sets with an open mind and fingers at the ready.

Roller

Smash Legend
oh, we never finished our pika vs marth mm. I just remembered.

And I had made plans with your money for Wendy's already too...

;;

Our next tourney is on Saturday, btw. Good luck. ;)

Also, I think Mikey exp prepared me just fine, tbh. The only friendly you won was on lylat, I dropped like 4 grabs, and you got a beam sword. Real talk tho. **** that thing. lol

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I was running on 3 hours of sleep, had worked for 10, and had just driven for 4 before I sat down and played. I'm pretty sure it'll be a different experience next time, my friend. ;)

/PoundV

Let's call a truce on the Pika/Marth mm and just restart with our true mains, lol.

What's The Point

Smash Master
MI has always been pretty mid tier but still talked some smack. However, the majority of MI was just doing it for the joy of trash talk and knew exactly where they stood. The delusional mess of Ohio+P1 that I saw over Vengeance showed me how bad it actually can be.

Roller

Smash Legend
I had pulled 3 all nighters that week. I slept for 4 hours before Friday after having stayed at the smashfest the night before until almost 4, going online, reading, then finally getting a tiny bit of sleep before my friday class. I actually haven't slept since Chi's either. Pulled 2 consecutive all nighters for an exam and a paper. About to smash with jtsm and THuGz, and I won't be johning.

I live on an average of 6 hours every other night, as you can confirm from checking the times in my post history. If you were held back by fatigue, then my teeth had been knocked in by it.

Not to mention I had been sitting there drinking prior to our games. (granted it was the diluted crap they serve in OH =/)

Don't get me wrong, work hard and be confident (we need more players like that in the MW) but don't use getting more sleep than most players do on tourney nights as a john when getting 2-3 stocked by someone less than sober in an even and a bad mu.

Don't take this the wrong way, you're a cool guy, and I loved hanging out this weekend. You're really fun to joke around with, I just think your bark is a little more than your bite in game right now so-to-speak.

You did demolish me at Pound tho. LMAO, going into this weekend everyone in MI who had talked to me about the tournament knew I feared playing you more than MJG, Ally, and Kain combined because of what you had done to my *** back then. XD

I'd love for you to prove me wrong though. I think MW:E is abysmal right now and if you start ****** big names, I'll be there cheering you on all the way. All I'm saying is you haven't been showing that recently.

Roller

Smash Legend
It's a Tuesday. You keep telling me no on Tuesdays because of that Starwars MMO clan you play with on Tuesdays...

I feel like I said the word Tuesday too many times...

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Ohio isn't delusional, it's just...lost (for the time being). When half of your PR leaves and tournaments suddenly stop being run so frequently, it can have that sort of effect on a scene. Up until that point, just about everyone here knew exactly where they stood and what they wanted to strive for, so...cut us a little slack for the moment until order is restored. Then by all means pass whatever kind of judgment you like.

Roller

Smash Legend
I guess you're right. To be fair, we don't have much to compare it to. it's not like MI has ever lost 4-5 of the best players in our scene..

brb, calling judge, lain, anther, noj, flame, rofa, and L-Cancel.

...Might have to put a call into Boxxy too.

Oh God. I almost forgot THE Notramagama.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
@ Roller - I know man, and I deserve to hear that considering you went into it just as tired as I was. As far as my performance in general goes...I know I still have a lot to prove, believe me. I've never denied it nor will I until my bite actually matches my bark like it used to (especially in tournament). That's why I've been practicing really hard, harder than I ever have frankly. My **** talk is just the same as MI's, a genuine bait tactic to get challengers, always has been and always will be. Beyond that...I let my performance, good or bad, speak for itself.

I know WTP and perhaps some others consider Ohio to be delusional about its skill levels in relation to other players, and perhaps the majority of us are. I am one of the most real people you will meet in the scene, truly. I've never been one to place myself on any kind of pedestal. I know exactly where I stand and what I need to work on/shoot for. That's one of the reasons why I always reserve judgment until after results are produced and why I have been an objective, trusted panelist for quite a while now. Talk is cheap. Actions and results are what count.

I know this was kind of lengthy to express my point, but I wanted to be real with you all on just how passionate a competitor and objective of a person I truly am. Please recognize that.

Top Bottom