• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Roller

Smash Legend
As someone who watches more non-anime tv than any of you.

Community was funniest until the ******* working at the network decided Whitney was more important to have on this season (still may come back tho, on hiatus)

Dexter is the best cop-drama

Once Upon a Time is the best network scifi

Game of Thrones is the best scifi show period.

Big Brother is the best reality show.

Gossip Girl is the best CW style female oriented show. And by CW style, I mean 2 out of every 3 of the actresses have to be 10s and rich enough to be able to wear the most fashionable clothes, with the goal of exploiting product placement in mind.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Big brother is one of my favorites. My mom almost got on the show two seasons ago but she didn't make the final cut to be casted. It would've been funny too because she hates people. >_>

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
parks and recreation close 2nd
i hope you aren't trolling :c Parks is my fav show on tv currently.
As someone who watches more non-anime tv than any of you.

Community was funniest until the ******* working at the network decided Whitney was more important to have on this season (still may come back tho, on hiatus)

Dexter is the best cop-drama
I loved community, I want to go back and watch the beginning stuff, i didn't really get into till late in the show. I also wanna get into dexter, ive heard nothing but good things.

Roller

Smash Legend
I started watching Dexter from the first episode in late December... I finished in mid-January. I don't think 12 episode seasons are really "too many episodes." Season 1 of Game of Thrones was only 10 episodes, and there would be plenty of time to catch up on that before the new season starts in the beginning of April. Community are only 24ish minute episodes and there are 3? seasons I think, would not take long to see them all. But the format is more episodic for that series, so you can just start watching from whenever, don't need to see the other episodes to enjoy it. Big Brother starts over each season, so there is no real catching up. You can just start when the next season does. Once Upon a Time is in it's first season now.

Only one on my list that would probably be tedious to catch up on would be Gossip Girl. And I would recommend the others to you, as well as many others before ANYTHING in that CW style genre unless you just want to watch hot girls... Which is pretty much the point.

I like the new show Alcatraz so far, interesting scifi/cop drama. The Big Bang Theory is very funny despite how mainstream it comes off as.

#1 recommendation tho is Game of Thrones if you like those medieval scifi stories like Lord of the Rings.

I also highly recommend the book series it's based off of. plots are virtually identical so far between the 2 mediums, but the nuances of the author's writing style are INCREDIBLE to say the least. He>Tolkien imho, and this is coming from someone who LOVES Tolkien.

#2 would be Dexter.

i've seen 2 episodes of 30 rock and they both failed to make me laugh, chuckle, smile, or even think 'that was funny' a single time

but tina fey is a bitty

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
real talk I only like watching documentaries -.-

or a good anime if someone suggests one to me. I dont like trial and error when it comes to tv because then I feel like i wasted valuable study times.

On a related note: anybody have a good anime for me to watch?? I liked eva and death note alot (obviously). Oh and grave of fireflies is like my favorite movie ever. So anything historical would be ideal ^.^

30 rock is kind of an acquired humor, I used to feel the same way about it not being funny but now I think its pretty good after watching it more. Its always sunny in philly was the same way.

zyth

Smash Lord
I could never get into any of those kind of shows :/ too many episodes to keep up.

King of the hill is the only show worth watching anyways
I thought you were better than this ._.

but for anime you should watch look up Angel Beats. only one that comes to mind at the moment. Oh yea and Desert Punk. always reccomend Desert Punk

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
YO what is wrong with not enjoying a long ongoing drama tv series. Im way too busy a person to finish one in a decent time frame so I dont like to dedicate all the time. WHAT IS THE CRIME -___-

All i know about desert punk is my friend always had the dvds laying around his room and they all had women with the most insane sized boobs of all time. Like they were terrifyingly large. Is that what the shows about? Large sized boobs that take over the world?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
On a related note: anybody have a good anime for me to watch?? I liked eva and death note alot (obviously). Oh and grave of fireflies is like my favorite movie ever. So anything historical would be ideal ^.^
What are your opinions of Mystery, Slice of Life, Comedy, and Breakdown animes? I have 1 for each of these categories that I have finished in the most 1-2 months that are absolutely great.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
real talk I only like watching documentaries -.-

or a good anime if someone suggests one to me. I dont like trial and error when it comes to tv because then I feel like i wasted valuable study times.

30 rock is kind of an acquired humor, I used to feel the same way about it not being funny but now I think its pretty good after watching it more. Its always sunny in philly was the same way.
historical anime? Samurai Shamploo fits the bill.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
well, I watched Samurai Shamploo right after taking a Japanese History class, and it made use to tons of stuff we learned about in it, so, I'm saying it's close enough.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
historical anime? Samurai Shamploo fits the bill.
thanks ill watch that tonight, japanese historys always been interesting to me. Regardless of its 100% truthful representation its more the culture that intrigues me.

ori i havent seen any of those :/ I havent watched very much anime but Id like to start. Everytime I watch through a series fully im always happy with it.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ok I'll give you the names of the ones in each category I was talking about
• Comedy - Ben-To (My avi/sig are Ben-To)
• Mystery - Baccano!
• Slice of Life - Working!!
• Breakdown - Mahou Shoujo Madoka ★ Magica

All 4 are short animes 12-13 episodes each

Roller

Smash Legend
30 Rock is a great show, I agree with it being a bit of an acquired humor, but it's definitely worth watching if you have the time/see it on.

And Modern Family is as mainstream as it gets... And I expected it to be like. Typical 2 and a half men style humor. But I started watching it, and it actually makes me guffaw more than any show other than Community.

fZk

Smash Lord
Marco I thought you only watched that dating show with Jerry Springer and the briefcases. That's riveting television.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
thanks gio youre suggestions never have failed me <3 they always end up being my favorite band/movie/tv show

ori ill take a look at those thanks ^_^

juan that show is astouding, if they have it on dvd ill get it. I think its called baggage

Top Bottom