• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Things I'm waiting on:
Carnival Phantasm season 2

Things I'm trying to keep up with:
Fate/zero
Persona 4 The Animation

Things I'm not able to keep up with:

Things I'm supposed to be finishing eventually:
Mobile Suit Gundam
Revolutionary Girl Utena

Things I'm supposed to be starting sometime:
Guilty Crown (IT'S CODE GEASS BY THE MAKERS OF STAND ALONE COMPLEX LOL)
some Prince of Tennis movie
Princess Resurrection OVA
Queen's Blade OVA

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Whats Utena? Never heard of it.

I've heard mixed things about Guilty Crown.

Fate/Zero looks really good.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Fate/Zero: Brandcuffs cool action, but it needs substance real fast
Persona 4: Brandcuffs
Phi Brain: not very good, but exciting and sometimes funny
C3: dropped lol

that's my current season

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Absolutely love sailor moon.

WEll hold on, I love sailor moon, but if it's anime that has like "monster of the day" then i can't do it anymore. Those have gotten really boring to me.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I have the rebuilds in the movies folder, i watched the series on DVD and didn't rip them sorry to have almost offended you, kind sir.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Absolutely love sailor moon.

WEll hold on, I love sailor moon, but if it's anime that has like "monster of the day" then i can't do it anymore. Those have gotten really boring to me.
It's... sort of monster of the day? I mean it's all about duels between students, and the winner is the owner of the Rose Bride or something. Which makes the whole "girl wants to be prince" thing even sillier.

Eva and FLCL are only in the same category of "classics" if you're a big Gainax fan.

Also Jungle you should watch Grenadier.

Also late recommendation, but Kikoushi Enma was a good horror anime series.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Hmm maybe I'll try it. I tmay have to do I've watched all 200 episodes of SM twice in the last 5 years.

Grenadier? Girls with guns? I'm in.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
i like the sound of that description.

The only Gainex anime I've partially watched was PSG, and I hated it lol. Didn't even finish it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Gainax stuff I watched:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Re: Cutie Honey
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
FLCL

Overall they do a lot of silly stuff that seems to either be deconstruction or reconstruction of genres.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
NGE isn't all that amazing.

Durarara was fun, so was Nanoha which I think (at least seasons one and two--- Nanoha and Nanoha A's) were some of the most enjoyable MS there are). I take it Jungle likes Tacos-tan from Saki? What did you think of Canaan, Scotu? I liked the drama of Kodomo no Jikan but I wasn't enough of a lolicon to get through all the squick.

I should be ashamed to say that I've seen just about all that was mentioned in his HD but I'm not, and am still shaking my head at stuff I think he should have watched.

Moe is mostly boring.
:phone:

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I thought Canaan was reasonably legit. The best Type Moon anime adaptation at least (although that doesn't say anything by itself lol). I liked Kodomo no Jikan despite the major amounts of loli (although it was a bit worse towards in the later seasons iirc). Also, before anyone counterpoints, I started not minding loli only well after watching Kodomo no Jikan.

Go ahead and shake your head all you want. I'm not done watching stuff. (but I will need a new HDD before too long; 1.7TB does that)

edit: IMO Nanoha movie > Nanoha 1; original anime starts off too slowly. Kinda like both Gundam 00s. Then again, those two are the same show for different audiences.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I dropped Nanoha because i got bored with it. That and strike witches are two shows ive been told I'd like.

Also my favorite characters from Saki are the captain and the car girl from kazekoshi or whatever.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I thought Canaan was reasonably legit. The best Type Moon anime adaptation at least (although that doesn't say anything by itself lol). I liked Kodomo no Jikan despite the major amounts of loli (although it was a bit worse towards in the later seasons iirc). Also, before anyone counterpoints, I started not minding loli only well after watching Kodomo no Jikan.

Go ahead and shake your head all you want. I'm not done watching stuff. (but I will need a new HDD before too long; 1.7TB does that)

edit: IMO Nanoha movie > Nanoha 1; original anime starts off too slowly. Kinda like both Gundam 00s. Then again, those two are the same show for different audiences.
I agree. The Nanoha movie was more entertaining than the first series for exactly that reason. Unfortunately, I was so disappointed at Strikers that I couldn't get through the first couple episodes. I might try again soon.

Canaan was indeed moderately legit and I loved the OP 1 a lot. I think I still have it on my mp3 player somewhere.

I noticed that you have a lot of older stuff on your external. Have you bought any of it? Not being judgmental or anything, but I know personally I feel kinda guilty dl-ing older stuff so I put off watching it again until I can get a box set or borrow a friend's. I know I bought Excel Saga back when I was in middle school and loved it.

... I still have to watch all of Pani Poni Dash.

:phone:

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I noticed that you have a lot of older stuff on your external. Have you bought any of it? Not being judgmental or anything, but I know personally I feel kinda guilty dl-ing older stuff so I put off watching it again until I can get a box set or borrow a friend's. I know I bought Excel Saga back when I was in middle school and loved it.
I tend to buy things that I like a lot just for the sake of owning it and supporting those who made it, but copies on PC are much much much more convenient and I end up watching those instead of my DVD/Blu Rays

Top Bottom