• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

What's The Point

Smash Master
Picking up MK for Mikey is not going to go well for you.

And you severely underestimate how many people can fit in a room without discomfort.

Gio, I suspect even if you don't go to tournaments, you'll still go to smashfests.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Picking up MK for Mikey sounds like an amazing idea. It can only be made more amazing by counter-picking Brinstar with it.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
At least Thugz will be close to the game room, lolol.

And what is this BS about the end of Mason? I see no reason to discontinue Masonfests.

Though I kinda want to search for a new venue to mix things up and have an easier time running dual tourneys.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I will forever be against Masonfests. I suppose you play Melee, so you show up at 8 and leave by 12, so there is no real issue. But being in a school building into the AMs and dealing with janitors and cops is annoying. Also cushions and booze.

I assume now that the guy who wants smashfest the most and the longest has a single room in the same location there isn't a need to use a classroom.

Roller

Smash Legend
I will forever be against Masonfests. I suppose you play Melee, so you show up at 8 and leave by 12, so there is no real issue. But being in a school building into the AMs and dealing with janitors and cops is annoying.
Rob has been there for at least as many cop incidents as I have. Probably more. And Melee does usually leave a bit before brawl. But it's not at all uncommon for them to be there at 2am.
I assume now that the guy who wants smashfest the most and the longest has a single room in the same location there isn't a need to use a classroom.
I had a single room a 5 minute walk from the venue last year.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Im living further from mason next year, but only by like 1/2 a mile, Ill be living across the IM building. Ill only have one roommate in my apartment, and he also games and goes to tourneys and fests (for soul calibur though) and is active on their forums so maybe it wont be weird to him if i have people over for a smashfest lol

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
its half a mile out tops from mason, I was just throwin it out there anyways for anti mason people. Though if the melee is at mason id much rather go to mason lol

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I say we just use the venue room (1427) at Mason this school year for Smashfests. I have the room codes for next semester. The TVs that we've been playing on have been sitting there all summer without a problem. And if cops show up we can just use the room code to lock the doors and ignore them.

What's The Point

Smash Master
The only people I know actively against Mason are myself and Gio. Hopefully Roller will just start using his single room this year.

I say we just use the venue room (1427) at Mason this school year for Smashfests. I have the room codes for next semester. The TVs that we've been playing on have been sitting there all summer without a problem. And if cops show up we can just use the room code to lock the doors and ignore them.
That sounds like a terrible idea for so many reasons.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
my life is being consumed by school and I havent even started yet. Ill have a boat load of classwork, a job and two research positions so i wont be playing this year unless I get a lucky stretch of free time :( id be down to host smashfests sometimes though at my apartment in east lansing (itll be much better than the ones we had in my dorm room last year -.- ) Im living with JonTheMesa sooooo that should happen. My girlfriend will cook for everyone too ^.^

Roller

Smash Legend
Can someone take down the extra stuff in the brawl pr thread title? Like. "new sexy image?" **** is old by now. I find it annoying every state has a "NEW PR UP" all year long...

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
lol @ WTP's reacton. I have just been reminded of that song now that Roller is coming back soon.

Also Clowsui you arent clever lol.

And I can't go this weekend anyway. I actually dont feel like it tbh. I need a Smash free weekend.

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

So I got invited into some BBR Character Discussion Panel thing for King Dedede. I guess its a place where all the most respected players of a certain character both inside and out of the BBR go and discuss MUs and stuff. :D

What's The Point

Smash Master
Pfft, you don't even dash attack.

Smashfest in Plymouth on Friday. I'll be deciding if I want to go to Ohio that night, and if you want to go you have to stay the night since I won't pick people up in the morning.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
theres only like 5 ddd's that exist right now

but good job, even if theres only 5 of my character I wouldnt be able to make it in

more MI ppl getting invited to stuff = more spies for us :cool:

ZTD | TECHnology

I used it against Lain...:awesome:

But I looked at the other people they invited and I'm the only one who isn't in the BBR who they invited rofl. I feel special.

I honestly cant wait until October when they start accepting people in the BBR again..I think I can get in this time.

And lol HarmS there's .....6?..7? ...:(

Top Bottom