• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House 3! PP Hbox M2K Hax Scar SFAT PewPewU Cort Kage - October 12-13th, 2013 - Ann Arbor, MI

Dopey

Smash Lord
LOLLL @ kish I'm glad it ain't a decade ago :p

Looks like its a FLOCK in our pool ^^

Dopey

Smash Lord
LOL@strongbad

Ya no one wants syphilis again...I mean..at all...I mean...pancakes?? ; p

Yaaa buddyyy half day friday be at the hotel motel HOLIDDEEAAYY EEIIINNNN :p

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I wanted to ask: are there going to be any crew battles?
those of you that will be there friday could have a crew battle and i have my room for three days so even after the tournament if ppl want to come play smash or have big crew battle your more than welcome too

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
LOL@strongbad

Ya no one wants syphilis again...I mean..at all...I mean...pancakes?? ; p

Yaaa buddyyy half day friday be at the hotel motel HOLIDDEEAAYY EEIIINNNN :p
this falco this luigi rooming together lol oh and i got my icy boy trail rooming with me to and jeff coming with that sammy sam

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
those of you that will be there friday could have a crew battle and i have my room for three days so even after the tournament if ppl want to come play smash or have big crew battle your more than welcome too
Yo', your room is at the venue, yes? What's your room number? I've got a crew that'll probably be down for a crew battle.

I'm sooo hype for this event. Gettin' ready for battle, y'all!

gravy

Smash Ace
I'm trying to play against every single one of you on Friday. Also, draft crew battles would be hype.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Calling the following people out for Melee MMs:
$5-10

Scar
Shaeden
Little England
Moose
PewPewU
Kalamazhu
Dope
Frootloop
PikaChad
Hungrybox

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
How many friendlies are we likely to get in with the number of setup we have?
A ton. That being said, there will likely be no friendlies between Saturday 10am-5pm due to the high volume of tournament sets happening during that time. But anytime after that should be *excellent* for friendly playing time, and don't forget you also have Friday 9pm-1am to drop by and play too.

metroid1117

Smash Master
A ton. That being said, there will likely be no friendlies between Saturday 10am-5pm due to the high volume of tournament sets happening during that time. But anytime after that should be *excellent* for friendly playing time, and don't forget you also have Friday 9pm-1am to drop by and play too.
Ooh, time for work then... Just curious, are there other places of interest that the venue might have to offer to help us kill time for people who don't want to watch tourney sets?

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
Ooh, time for work then... Just curious, are there other places of interest that the venue might have to offer to help us kill time for people who don't want to watch tourney sets?
I'm personally going to be going around the hotel rooms looking to see if there are goons hanging out in their rooms that are looking to have some friendlies and/or get turnt up.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Time flies! ONE MORE DAY until The Big House 3. Here are some final announcements so everyone is on the same page.

Useful links:
Info Packet (PLEASE READ THROUGH THIS)
Smashboards Original Thread
Pools Predictions and Stream Requests
Facebook Event

* Check-In
You've registered and paid online already, but you still have to go through check-in when you arrive to the venue. Look for the TO desk right outside the ballroom. Check-In is available Friday 9pm-1am, Saturday 9am-10am, and Saturday 4pm-5pm. Upon checking in, you will receive a nametag that identifies you as a registrant. DO NOT LOSE THIS. Bring your nametag with you at all times throughout the weekend so we don't mistake you for a non-registrant.

* Friday Festivities
If you are in town Friday night, PLEASE drop by and check-in! It makes life much easier for the TO staff before Saturday, not to mention you get extra $ in setup discount if you bring a full setup on Friday. The venue will be open starting 9pm, and Melee It On Me live from The Big House 3 will begin at 10pm, featuring the premiere of The Smash Brothers documentary by Samox. Be there!

* Schedule
The idea is to arrive before your first scheduled tournament obligation. For anyone who entered Melee Singles or PM Singles, this means you must arrive by Saturday 10am at the very latest. Travelers from out west, remember that Michigan runs on EST -- in case this isn't common sense, you are behind by an hour or more. DQs for Melee Singles and PM Singles will start to be handed out shortly after 10am Saturday. The number of DQs from the past two years is in the double-digits -- please don't make us remove you from the tournament.

* No Food/Drink
Absolutely NO FOOD OR DRINK is allowed inside the venue. Part of our event contract with the hotel venue indicates that we are to have no food or drink present anywhere near the venue, and that a violation of this will result a heavy additional fee for the TO. Because of this, we are enforcing a very strict no food or drink policy at the event -- anyone found with food or drink inside the venue will be DQ'd upon their first violation and then evicted from the venue upon any additional violations.

* Spectator Policy
Nametags will be given during check-in to distinguish registrants from non-registrants. Once again, all spectators must have registered online beforehand to be allowed access into the venue. No transactions at the door. If anyone shows up at the door without registering beforehand, they will be told to leave. If anyone brings spectators along in their travel party and tries to sneak them into the venue, they will be DQ'd from the tourney. Please communicate this to everyone in your travel party. Spectator registration is still available here until the end of tonight (Thursday).

* Committed Equipment (Setups)
For those who committed equipment during registration, you must follow through with that or else risk paying a $20 penalty charge during tournament check-in -- we will enforce this strictly whether you committed a full setup or just a partial setup. Equipment is the most essential piece to a tournament, and our numbers must be accurate for planning purposes. Check here to confirm whether you committed equipment or not during registration.

* Setup Discounts
In order to qualify for a setup discount, you must leave your equipment at the venue at all times until 7pm Sunday and meet all the initial requirements for a full setup as described in the sections below. It's a $10 discount if you bring your full setup to the venue Friday night, or a $5 discount if you bring your full setup to the venue Saturday morning by 10am. Your arrival time will be recorded during check-in, and your appropriate setup discount will be given at 7pm Sunday.

* Friendlies and Moneymatches
The TO staff reserves the right to abruptly stop any friendly or moneymatch prior to an announcement at the venue. We cannot afford to waste time dealing with uncooperative attendees, so do not be upset if we press the reset button on your setup while you're playing. If you want to avoid this, then don't start a moneymatch in the minutes before a major announcement is made. The schedule is readily available for you to be able to do this.

* Code of Conduct
There are many clauses in the code of conduct, but perhaps the most important one is: the TO reserves the right to deny payout from event winnings to any player suspected of intentionally throwing a match, splitting a payout, or committing any other form of bracket manipulation. Considering the nature of our round-robin pools structure, there will be no tolerance for any form of collusion or bracket manipulation, and any player suspected of violating this policy will be promptly DQ'd.

* Common Sense
Please be considerate of the TO staff's levels of busyness and stress throughout the upcoming weekend. Do not attempt to contact a TO unless in the event of an emergency. Do not ask a TO about something that you could spend 30 seconds finding the answer to in the info packet. And do not go to the main TO for an issue that could be resolved by any other TO. Thanks for understanding, and please review the info packet before arriving!

See you this weekend.

Robin Harn, aka Juggleguy
Adam Oliver, aka Strong Bad

Top Bottom