• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Better Lucario Official Guide/Faq/Database (Now with More Lawl!)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
You probably read that he wasn't one of the 7 characters that are [bold]infinited[/bold] and confused that with being chaingrabbed. I hate that he can't get out of it. If he did get out of it for some reason, I would not fear any matchup. 'Cept Snake. And that's less fear than it is being realistic and aware.

I love Lucario. I was playing today and he just fits my playstyle so well.
So much versatility, so little time...

I love your sig Tallen! TOO KYOOT!!!

Nice post Nuro, that will help me a lot during this tourney this weekend.
Wish me luck guys!
Good job on the info on snake, Nuro
To Pope: to bold, do B and /B
to Tallen: Cute mew on the sig, awww

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
I love your sig Tallen! TOO KYOOT!!!
to Tallen: Cute mew on the sig, awww
I owe it to my sister. she draws manga like crazy and when I finally made her sit and watch Lucario's movie she said "I GOTTA draw the two of them together RIGHT NOW!!"
and the result... well you got the idea XD
soon enough this is gonna become a real meme...

either way when are you gonna post the info in louie's ISJR Milln? I only just heard about it today (see how busy I am these days? gawd...)

Milln

Smash Champion
June 6th, 2008- Added things into Snake, making it 1.1, added three obvious combos that I didn't realize before, Included Infinite Second Jump under tricks, added Nessbounder's advice vs. Lucas and my extra comment. I might add more to the body of it later. Put down some minor notes on Olimar and Sonic.

Not too busy for you guys. <3 I think i'll be mostly unbusy for now so I can hang out more.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Sorry! I would normally but I'm slightly intoxicated it's hard to read such small print! You know we love you Milln! =P

To add to the sonic section, he has very few actual killing moves. Fsmash Dsmash ..... Usmash if you get to 170%(maybe) I honestly cant think of any more, just watch for those. Basically meaning, if you can stay in the air, 45 degree angle from him (your fair, dair or nair works from there) when your at killing %, he shouldn't be able to knock you off. He is a fast character though, so find your quick, large hitbox attacks

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Nodrak is druuuunk!

I must say, though. I am impressed that your post is not filled with spelling/grammatical errors.

I would expect something like this:

"Srry1 i wuold nrmally butt iem slitely intoxixerated and its hard to reed such wurds1 I luv you Infi-Milln, man, i love u"

Anyway...Lucky (legal) Canadian... : (

Nodrak

Smash Ace
19 is the age here man, 18 if your in Quebec (I live in Ottawa when I'm not in uni, which is a 15-20 minute drive to Quebec). And yeah, I'm not drunk, just ... tipsy... maybe somewhere in between, but firefox finds all my mistakes and makes it's wiggly red line. I hate that line so I fix it.

Edit: For those who don't already know; smash doesn't help when you're already dizzy, neither does guitar hero. But lets get back on topic shall we? No need for mods to close a sticky =P

Back on topic... ... you've covered so much I don't know what to add =S You've already mentioned it but I'll say it again cause it's important. When against Ness or Lucas, one misplaced Aura sphere can heal them a good 40%, that's something you don't need in a match. Avoid aura sphere unless you absolutely know they wont psi-magnet(downB) it!

Milln

Smash Champion
You know we love you Milln! =P
Nooo! I see through your ruse! Forget it, now! I've wisened up to you and everyone else's schemes! >O

*practices Guilty Gear Accent Core, since it's also an event he's entering at the tournament aside from Smash*

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
19 is the age here man, 18 if your in Quebec (I live in Ottawa when I'm not in uni, which is a 15-20 minute drive to Quebec). And yeah, I'm not drunk, just ... tipsy... maybe somewhere in between, but firefox finds all my mistakes and makes it's wiggly red line. I hate that line so I fix it.

Edit: For those who don't already know; smash doesn't help when you're already dizzy, neither does guitar hero. But lets get back on topic shall we? No need for mods to close a sticky =P

Back on topic... ... you've covered so much I don't know what to add =S You've already mentioned it but I'll say it again cause it's important. When against Ness or Lucas, one misplaced Aura sphere can heal them a good 40%, that's something you don't need in a match. Avoid aura sphere unless you absolutely know they wont psi-magnet(downB) it!
You mean 30%. The maximum amount of health that PSI magnet can heal is 30% per projectile.

Still a lot, but remember that Ness's PSI Magnet activates slower than Lucas's.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Milln: make it known that Dedede can be chain grabbed to 70%.

Also: for the Snake match up. When you get Snake with a chain grab, try to take him to the edge of the stage and then do a running grab and repeated grab attack to drop him just over the edge. Due to his short second jump and style of recovery, it's very hard for him to avoid being edgeguarded from this position.

Milln

Smash Champion
June 8th, 2008- Minor chaingrabbing note on Deeds, extra information an easy gimp kill vs. Snahkay.

Noted for the instant win.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
I was doing the chain grab against Snake, but he punched me out of the chain when he was at only 17%! This has never happened to me before, but am I timing it wrong? I tried it again, mashing forward B, and he STILL punched me out of it. ;_;

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Were you moving forward? You have to dash forward a bit each time and grab them with force palm. Don't mash the forward B since you need to use it exactly when they are directly in front of you (before they hit the ground preferably).

Nodrak

Smash Ace
You mean 30%. The maximum amount of health that PSI magnet can heal is 30% per projectile.

Still a lot, but remember that Ness's PSI Magnet activates slower than Lucas's.
Ness' PSI Magnet is fast enough. Even so Ness/Lucas users seem to be really good at reading projectile use from people, they'll know roughly when to expect an aura sphere (and if you start spamming BAS they'll just heal off whatever got thrown). So they'll have it pulled out as you throw, you really have to catch them off-guard to get a solid hit in with it. My bad on the % but yeah, 30% is still more then enough to stay away from AS for a match.

About snake, I'm guessing your timing is wrong. For the first 30-40% you can pretty much just hold left or right on the control stick and keep tapping B, after that it gets a bit tricky.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I just went to a big tournament this weekend and placed decently enough going mainly Lucario and D3 against this random Marth. I played way way campy, and he would have won if Brawl wasn't terrible. Too much spot dodge and roll for my taste.
I got 17th out of around 80 people that were there, and placed highest in my group of friends. YAY!
I'll place higher, I just need to work on my fiery blue friend.

I only lost to a good Metaknight and a good ROB.

I didn't catch on fast enough, but the meta was using mach tornado at the beginning to get some free damage, and then spot dodge dsmash for knock away and the kill. It was too fast, and I couldn't find anything to punish it with. Also, spacing close enough to Meta is nearly impossible thanks to his broken dash attack and dash grab range. Too fast, too close. I took it to the last match high stock though, so I'm happy.

The Rob was hard, and he did the same thing basically. Keep away with projectiles, Robs gyro kept stopping my AS, and his Usmash is way too fast for how strong it is. He kept doing spot dodge dsmash, but I think I could have DI'ed out and punished with Dair. Anyone else verify this? That was the main pattern he followed, so he might have run into trouble had I thought far enough ahead and punished it.
Does anyone else think this matchup is hard or not even?

Also, I hate Marth. I need help with that matchup.
ALso also, I need to practice the chaingrab against snake, does someone have an instructional video about it?

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Could you add some extra spacing between sections? Its a bit hard to read.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Between which sections?
I'd say 5 spaces should be before each bolded header and 2-3 spaces between each character section for the match-ups information. For some reason you decreased the amount of vertical spacing as you went further down the post.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone going step up and determine the diminishing attack percents? If no one does, I will.
I don't even know what a charged AS at 0%'s damage output is; as far as I can tell its 13.123% but I'd need to spend time testing in Brawl mode also and I would also need to find an attack that does a non-decimal damage amount to get the exact formula for the aura buff.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
I tried but I completely forgot that Lucario's attacks sweetspot at different distances. That and other attacks like Aura Sphere seemed to do a few extra % for me at times. (I was at 0% on even stock). If you want to do them I doubt anyone here will stop you =P

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Well I am currently very busy testing TONS of other stuff, so it'll be a while. Basically what I am saying is, I will do them if they haven't been done by the time I have finished my testings. But I encourage other people to do it.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Something interesting. On Brinstar, after you break the pills (the middle of the lower platform) and the stage separates you can cling to either side of the walls in the newly formed hole. What I just learnt is that if you're coming up from underneath, you can Extreme Speed up through those pills. Not only that but if your under the stage, you can curve your ES to cling to the walls there even while the pills are present.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Something interesting. On Brinstar, after you break the pills (the middle of the lower platform) and the stage separates you can cling to either side of the walls in the newly formed hole. What I just learnt is that if you're coming up from underneath, you can Extreme Speed up through those pills. Not only that but if your under the stage, you can curve your ES to cling to the walls there even while the pills are present.
The first bit I knew, but the rest was interesting.

Milln

Smash Champion
June 10th, 2008- Added ExtremeAwesome. Just a small update.

=o

OMG

GUYS

AAExtremeAwesome on Luigi's Mansion

TOO UNSTOPPABLE WTF THE WORLD BLEW UP.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Extreme Awesome might make Luigi's mansion banned, lol (jk). But yes, anything that shows ES's uses in combat is a good tech IMO.

Browny

Smash Hater
in teams just get your ally to spam projectiles and DT them... lucario just becomes a teleporting, invincible damage dealing... thing lol

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
holy crud Milln, how do you notice this kind of stuff?
Lucario is going to be the sole reason Luigi's Mansion is gonna get banned on tourneys now.
just kidding but this is an INSANE new tech. ES to fair to aura sphere = dead opponent. talk about gamebreaking. XD (though can anyone confirm if this is possible?)

Milln

Smash Champion
June 12th, 2008- Just rotated the pictures. I'm tired so I don't feel like adding anything tonight. Sorry. Next update will have substance, I promise. Also, about the picture: I had to. XD Also spaced out the sections.

=O Beach Lucario rules.

The two new pictures are silly and adorable.

Browny

Smash Hater
i think you should add something about starting off the chain grab with a uthrow. most smart people will be aware of the chain grab, and force palm is unreliable and punishable. grabbing is much safer. against the people lucario can CG, you can just uthrow once from 0% and do a stutter-stepped force palm, this puts lucario in position to begin the CG

also, my avatar is cool

Top Bottom