• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Better Lucario Official Guide/Faq/Database (Now with More Lawl!)

FU^InSmash

Smash Cadet
dude use your aura sphere right after you fair him twice off the stage for the kill. it works so good. all you do is get him off the stage. jump out fair fair then aura sphere. it is great cuz it will kill him and it will slightly push you back toward the stage for recovery.

Browny

Smash Hater
You should add a pic like this to the
'Reasons to play as Lucario'

Which other character has a projectile bigger than Donkey Kong?

Ill try get a better pic tomorrow from a better angle... that is if you think a pic like that should be added :p

Milln

Smash Champion
Excellent. This picture is enjoyed. To get the biggest Aura Sphere, SD or get killed twice and sit at 178%. Thing's as big as Bowser.

Timbers

check me out
There is. There's enough lag to where they can airdodge an nair if you mess up.
It's a good way to read someone though. If you think they're going to immediately airdodge after the fairs because they expect a dair or something, AS will nab them. Sometimes they can't airdodge because they're too low and will kill themselves. etcetc.

Milln

Smash Champion
It's a good way to read someone though. If you think they're going to immediately airdodge after the fairs because they expect a dair or something, AS will nab them. Sometimes they can't airdodge because they're too low and will kill themselves. etcetc.
Clever girl.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
An Opponent on the business end of fair never is nice unless your like peach or something like that, and even then you can do some stuff with some risk reading.
btw, I've learned we have one really good thing that marth doesn't, we can do full-hop shenanigans much more safely, in fact I've been expirimenting with it all, and have got some good results. In fact, I almost always do full hop stuff on a D3 who's fishing for grabs and isn't taking to the air because they can almost never take advantage of your landing lag if you do ever do so, dair can still work (though you have to not be lazy) and although you trade off complete safety in fair -> nair, you can actually do fair -> fair on full hop, and not worry about landing lag if you time it right. I know this sounds controversial, but I tried this stuff on some of my friends with characters that normally get more solid and get harder to get hits in, and it works rather well.
My lucario feels like it's just having a holiday, I got my wii back, the boards are together, I'm finally doing AllisLawl double ladders/single ladders (even tho wifi is atrocious), and I feel like going on a Weasel Stomping day! Although I also just got done with Jury Duty today lol.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
lol phil your on jury duty? awesome. oh and i dont see whats so controversial with your discovery. so we got something marth doesnt, its not as if theres an eruption about to happen.

Timbers

check me out
why are we getting compared to Marth in the first place

marths fullhop shenanigans are pretty safe, as he can DS when he sees your grab come out
marths cant actually..react to grab frames lol. It's just anticipated that you're probably going to get punished if you land within a characters grabrange, and so you uB to A) save yourself and B) anticipate+capitalize on the likely punish.

Popertop

Smash Champion
why are we getting compared to Marth in the first place

marths cant actually..react to grab frames lol. It's just anticipated that you're probably going to get punished if you land within a characters grabrange, and so you uB to A) save yourself and B) anticipate+capitalize on the likely punish.
you are drawing blanket generalizations, logic fail.

I've played Royr, he has Fair'd my shield, I grab, he doesn't up B immediately, but he will do it once he sees my hand go out for the grab.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
**** you you dumb ****ing ****

brawlkid riiiiight.

you probably ****ing suck *** at every game you play
lolol shun the nonbeliever!
Honestly tho, stop posting extremely negative nancy stuff, we may be lax, but as of now, it seems we don't have solid enough rep so we gotta STEP IT UP!
Oh, and trust me when I say marth isn't entirely stellar against someone who can actually vertically zone and bait for full hopping. Roy_R used to do it like crazy, and he got punished quite a lot for it (see also: vs. Azen in old matches), and after awhile, he didn't use it tons of times. Marth being right above someone is nearly never a good thing.

hough123

Smash Ace
Already working on that. Infact, I am going to ask people to help me since its a community project. I will let you all know.
I'll help in any way I can. I think that threads or questions that are frequently asked for, (KO percents, hardest match-ups, secondaries, etc.), should be inluded in the guide.

Milln

Smash Champion
Whoever wants control, i'll talk to a mod and get it transferred. I'll be caring about BlazBlue starting July 1st.

Top Bottom