• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Better Lucario Official Guide/Faq/Database (Now with More Lawl!)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
6) Does each hit with a charging aura sphere fill a slot?
... yes it does... holy fruit cups batman! All you have to do is get someone trapped in a charging AS for a a couple seconds and you've completely reset your decay to all attacks besides AS O.O Meaning your AS will be crap but every other attack will be at full power.
Grabpunches > AS Charge, because AS still useful. D:

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Now here's another decay related question... would each individual grab jab (it rhymes, lulz) result in replenishing your attacks or are the throws the only factors of the grab that contribute to resetting the move queue?

*based on a true story about myself*
Gamer 1: Wow! Your Lucario is friggin' amazing! Most people overlook Lucario, why do you use him?
Gamer Zero: Well, call me old fashioned, but I've always been a sucker for a character with:
a perfectly spherical head
large bunny ears
a long, pointy nose
fat hips
and wiggly dreadlocks.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Cheese and crackers! That's awesome! Since he deals those grab jabs like a mile a minute! His moves should reset almost instantly when grabbing someone at as low as 50%!

And Lucario's dash - gah... I'm too lazy to retype it, just check the thread titled "Metaknight" (in Lucario forums) if you're curious. XD

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
Wow I finally got to read the updates. Heh great job once again Milln.
Damage cap is 170-ish then. Good to keep in mind. And nice to see the crawl isn't that useless after all. Kudos to the space animals and missile crazies XD
PS: liked my pics then, didn't you Milln? >=3

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
More decay questions yay!
So a move set queue is 9 attacks. The diminished attack recovers after being replaced by another 9-set queue. So does that mean that:
Dair>Dair>Dair>Dair>Dair>Dair>Dair>Dair>Dair - decreased by 9 lvls.
and when replaced by another move queue
A>A>A>Force Palm>Fair>Fair>Nair>Fair>Dair - Dair decreased by 1 lvl or still 9 lvls?
And I assume 9 lvls is the maximum in diminishment?

Nodrak

Smash Ace
More decay questions yay!
So a move set queue is 9 attacks. The diminished attack recovers after being replaced by another 9-set queue. So does that mean that:
Dair>Dair>Dair>Dair>Dair>Dair>Dair>Dair>Dair - decreased by 9 lvls.
and when replaced by another move queue
A>A>A>Force Palm>Fair>Fair>Nair>Fair>Dair - Dair decreased by 1 lvl or still 9 lvls?
And I assume 9 lvls is the maximum in diminishment?
The queue holds 9 attacks. Only the attacks in the queue are effected by decay.

In your example your right dair would be decreased 9 times
Dair>Dair>Dair>Dair>Dair>Dair>Dair>Dair>Dair

In your second example: A>A>A>Force Palm>Fair>Fair>Nair>Fair>Dair
dair is decresed by one, fair is decreased by 3, nair is decreased by 1 ect

Nodrak

Smash Ace
This is basically how much damage an attack does as decay gets to it.
Tested in regular brawl mode on Mario, with equal stock and 0% on Lucario.

grabhit: 0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5
fthrow: 6,5,5,4,4,4,3,3,3
bthrow: 10,9,8,7,7,6,5,6,4
dthrow: 10,9,8,7,7,6,6,6,4
uthrow: 3,4,2,4,2,3,2,1,2

fair: 3,2,3,2,2,2,1,1,1
bair: 8,8,7,6,5,5,5,4,4
uair: 6,5,4,4,4,4,3,3,3
dair: 10,8,8,6,6,5,5,5,5
nair: 4,4,3,3,3,2,2,2,2

fsmash: 9,8,7,7,5,6,5,4,4
usmash: 8,7,7,6,5,5,4,4,4
dsmash: 9,8,7,7,6,5,5,5,4

ftilt: 8,7,7,6,5,5,4,4,4
utilt: 3,4,3,3,2,2,2,2,2
dtilt: 4,4,4,3,3,2,3,2,2
a first hit: 2,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,1
a second hit: 1,1,1,1,0.5,0.5,1,0.5,0.5
a third hit: 3,2,3,2,2,2,1,1,1

upB: 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
downB: 6,6,6,5,5,4,3,4,3
sideB (grab): 8,7,6,6,5,5,4,3,2
sideB (flame): 6,5,5,4,3,4,3,3,2
NeutralB (uncharged): 4,4,4,3,3,3,2,2,2
NeutralB (full charge): 11,10,10,8,7,6,6,6,5

In conclusion... uthrow is wierd.

Milln

Smash Champion
Psyche, I saw that picture. I didn't like how the leg looked. It appears twisted.

Good work, Nodrak. I'll add it in.

Milln

Smash Champion
Actually, Nodrak, are you sure on your data? When I tested my initial things in Brawl mode... like... almost all of my numbers are different than yours.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Apparently some attacks sweetspot differently, like the sideB has a mid/base and tip of the flame =S I should coordinate with Jeepy on this =S

Nodrak

Smash Ace
At least some of the specials and throws are good! =(

Edit: to avoid double post

grabhit: 0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5
fthrow: 6,5,5,4,4,4,3,3,3
bthrow: 10,9,8,7,7,6,5,6,4
dthrow: 10,9,8,7,7,6,6,6,4
uthrow: 3,4,2,4,2,3,2,1,2

jab first hit: 2,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,1
jab second hit: 1,1,1,1,0.5,0.5,1,0.5,0.5
jab third hit: 3,2,3,2,2,2,1,1,1

upB: 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
downB: 6,6,6,5,5,4,3,4,3
sideB (grab): 8,7,6,6,5,5,4,3,2
NeutralB (uncharged): 4,4,4,3,3,3,2,2,2
NeutralB (full charge): 11,10,10,8,7,6,6,6,5

Those should still be the same at least =s

Edit: to avoid triple post

Edge > fall > jump > walljump off the edge is amazing... Sorry had to say it.

Edit: to avoid quadruple post

Jab canceling is amazing with Lucario

Tapping down on the control stick cancels a jab. so
A > down > AA > down > A > down > A > down > AAsideB

That kind of thing

Browny

Smash Hater
useless fun fact:

lucario can drop off the edge of smashville and travel underneath the stage to the other ledge. and people think his recovery is bad :p

Milln

Smash Champion
I still say your numbers have to be incorrect. We KNOW uncharged Aura Spheres do like 5%. Uthrow does like 4%. Fthrow does 7% And fully charged Aura Spheres do 13. O,o Are you gathering data with the debuff on?

Rebonack

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, there's something screwy about those numbers. They're pretty much universally too low. In fact, they're at about where the attacks clock in when Lucario has a 1 stock advantage.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
I just tried it again and to be sure they were both at even stock i set it to a 1 stock match in brawl mode.
uthrow was indeed 4, but fthrow was still 6 and BAS was 4..... Something's wrong here. Ok I guess someone else should be doing this =S

Gilyu

Smash Rookie
It should also be worth mentionning that Lucario's damage/knockback also increses with the difference between his and his oppenent's remaining stocks.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Ohh, for stages that Lucario can cling to. In Hyrule Temple, add in that the bottom left edge is clingable and I recently found that you can cling to the middle of Brinstar when you break the pieces holding it together.

Rebonack

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of the extra aura, why was the damage boost and nerf information removed?

I noticed it disappeared around the time the my damage cap data went up.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Can't Wall Cling to all walls, even if one would think you could.
You have that in the 'cons' section, what walls are you talking about? As long as they're a flat surface you can cling, the only real exception would be FD since it's not a flat vertical surface, but you can still cling

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Holy crap he can, I never bothered trying. It's an awkward cling though, he clings to an invisible wall, looks like he's just floating on air.

Milln

Smash Champion
I'm mainly talking about ledges when I say that. Like FD's ledge, Smashville's ledge, stuff like that. Yoshi's Island's LEDGE cannot be clung to, either, I don't think.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Holy crap he can, I never bothered trying. It's an awkward cling though, he clings to an invisible wall, looks like he's just floating on air.
This happens on the left side of Frigate Orpheon too.
D: I can make screen shots if we want them!
-DD

Milln

Smash Champion
So I was gonna update something... but I forgot.... ....

*plays Sega Superstars Tennis*

Rebonack

Smash Apprentice
New tricks and tactics always pop up as time goes on. Our Lucario game is only a few months old after all!

Nodrak

Smash Ace
If you can see a gyro coming, Reverse Double Team. Otherwise, SHAD > shield is always a good option (throw a fast fall in there somewhere). Also you can crawl under ROB's laser.

Ok I just did something weird, maybe someone can explain:

In training mode, my opponent (also Lucario) was recovering from the edge with A, at over 100% (the slow foot kick stomp thing from the edge). I daired him in the middle of it and he was sent flying at a 45% angle down away from the stage. I figure DI had a play in this but wtf? Anyone have an explination?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
If you can see a gyro coming, Reverse Double Team. Otherwise, SHAD > shield is always a good option (throw a fast fall in there somewhere). Also you can crawl under ROB's laser.

Ok I just did something weird, maybe someone can explain:

In training mode, my opponent (also Lucario) was recovering from the edge with A, at over 100% (the slow foot kick stomp thing from the edge). I daired him in the middle of it and he was sent flying at a 45% angle down away from the stage. I figure DI had a play in this but wtf? Anyone have an explination?
Like he said, SHAD is a good approach to projectile campers, and Perfect shielding. oh, and after Perfect shielding in front, time it so that they fire one more projectile at ur Shield, then shield grab, if ur feeling lucky.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Also, if there's a gyro on the floor and they haven't picked it up, you can jump above and double team it to get closer easily.
lol I just grab it for myself and don't let go. Sure I'm limited to B attacks and grabs (spotdodge > grab is fun) but it eliminates half of spammy ROB's attacks.

Top Bottom