• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Better Lucario Official Guide/Faq/Database (Now with More Lawl!)

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><

I'm more of a Photomanipulation and Layers effects guy. I usually go through

232302843904739053745904574905749054384903840384038430438403 different places in search of lucario stuff :3

oh and

Xavant aint got **** on this >3

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
where did you get those pics? i've been searching everywhere but cant find oilpainting tatoo and whitecario.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
I found this practicing yesterday on Practice Mode.

If you're in the air jumping backwards towards an opponent and do... eh, what's it called where you turn around without any momentum with any aerial B-move? Anyways, after that you should have turned around and fall backwards facing your opponent while charging AS. I'm not sure if this has been discovered already but I think it's really useful for mindgames although it's very situational. My brother called me a f*cking cheater when I killed him with that :D

Sorry for crappy english, I hope you'll understand... Btw, my first post on Lucario Boards, yay? *_*

Milln

Smash Champion
I found this practicing yesterday on Practice Mode.

If you're in the air jumping backwards towards an opponent and do... eh, what's it called where you turn around without any momentum with any aerial B-move? Anyways, after that you should have turned around and fall backwards facing your opponent while charging AS. I'm not sure if this has been discovered already but I think it's really useful for mindgames although it's very situational. My brother called me a f*cking cheater when I killed him with that :D

Sorry for crappy english, I hope you'll understand... Btw, my first post on Lucario Boards, yay? *_*
Known and already put to use. We call it "psuedo-sticking" around here since it's not quite B-Sticking. That's awesome that you figured it out yourself, however. Let us know if you find out anything else. <3

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Something wierd happened with me facing a Falco and a Snake recently.

When I wanted to try a force palm chaingrab, to mind game and mix up, I noticed when I did it a few times, I did it while standing still. I got three on snake before he broke out, and the falco flew far enough away I had to chase him with it.

I know FPCG isn't great and is easily escape able, but I'm curious if anyone else has done a long lasting standing one.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Something wierd happened with me facing a Falco and a Snake recently.

When I wanted to try a force palm chaingrab, to mind game and mix up, I noticed when I did it a few times, I did it while standing still. I got three on snake before he broke out, and the falco flew far enough away I had to chase him with it.

I know FPCG isn't great and is easily escape able, but I'm curious if anyone else has done a long lasting standing one.
As in completely stationary? I did it once but only got 2 grabs and its nothing coz i was fighting Bowser.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Known and already put to use. We call it "psuedo-sticking" around here since it's not quite B-Sticking. That's awesome that you figured it out yourself, however. Let us know if you find out anything else. <3
Thanks :) I mess with Lucario in training mode very often so I always try to find something new. SCIENCE! is fun *_*

Is it known that Lucario can edgedrop to Wall Cling in FD without using any jumps? It's kinda useless though... I was still thinking if it could be used against characters that recover low like Marf? They don't likely expect you having still your second jump so you can midgame them into hell <_>

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Isnt that asking to be stage spiked?
Well, depends of the character... =P Marf has two jumps so if he's recovering far then he can't stagespike you (I think) if he wants to get back on the stage. The ledge prevents Marf coming too close so his hitbox won't probably connect. Other characters that doesn't have such recovery can stagespike Luc much easier, like MK >_>

Forget that... Yes, it's true that Marf could stagespike you but if you're brave enough I could consider going for the gimp though there are better ways to gimp Marf. I just brought up a new possible way...

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Well, depends of the character... =P Marf has two jumps so if he's recovering far then he can't stagespike you (I think) if he wants to get back on the stage. The ledge prevents Marf coming too close so his hitbox won't probably connect. Other characters that doesn't have such recovery can stagespike Luc much easier, like MK >_>

Forget that... Yes, it's true that Marf could stagespike you but if you're brave enough I could consider going for the gimp though there are better ways to gimp Marf. I just brought up a new possible way...
lol i think it would work if you jumped from the wall to the other side of him and baired the range and length of the bair could stage spike marth nicely that is if your brave like you say ^^

tedward2000

Smash Champion
*brief Interjection*

Guys, Dair to Upsmash.
It doesn't work as well as one thinks. And yet, CPU's pull it off no problem.
Someone go trip Sakurai for making CPU's mess with peoples heads.
/is done
-t2

@marf comment
Wouldn't it just be better to get back on the stage entirely since the entire time marth is trying to get you close/off the edge? So wouldn't trying to play him off, just end up screwing yourself over?

Smexicario

Smash Rookie
For some reason, I always fail epicly at wall clinging, even if I release the B button after the extremespeed input...

Milln

Smash Champion
For some reason, I always fail epicly at wall clinging, even if I release the B button after the extremespeed input...
You can hold B all you want, but you need to hold towards the wall. o,o

Don't let go of the control stick. <3

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Milln...
If you ever do any more Inner Fires, could you do one on transitioning with nair/pivot grab? moar lucarios ought to do that.

CrimsonxMiso

Smash Rookie
Well I don't know if anyone has thought of this or not, but i thought
about a turn-around-shot. you fully charg your shot thn to evade or
catch your oponit by surpise you fire it and use the changing
momentum tech. If your to close to your rival then you will get hit by their attack
so only use as a surpise and keep in mind it will send you opisit the direction you are
facing then it will fire to counter balance.

Let me know what everyone thinks or if i need to explane better.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Well I don't know if anyone has thought of this or not, but i thought
about a turn-around-shot. you fully charg your shot thn to evade or
catch your oponit by surpise you fire it and use the changing
momentum tech. If your to close to your rival then you will get hit by their attack
so only use as a surpise and keep in mind it will send you opisit the direction you are
facing then it will fire to counter balance.

Let me know what everyone thinks or if i need to explane better.
explain better that makes no sense...

Milln

Smash Champion
He's saying to psuedo-stick a charged aura sphere the other way. It's already known and put to use.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
hi ,
I would like to know more about lucario's chain grab ( FP, Uthrow ...)
for example if Lucario can CG fox ??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YYyxnYVe_4
thx
Lucario has no real chaingrabs of note. We may be able to uthrow CG Fox until like 20%, but that's basically two fair dairs, or a dthrow and its followup. Nothing big. FP chaingrab has its massive flaw, so that won't ever last long anyways if the opponent is well educated.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhkfHEC1v58

So Kita was talking to me/ pointing this out.
Just watch the video, and for you lazy bums. Lucario will sometimes use ES and bounce.

Whats this mean, instead of landing and taking the lag, they curve a bit so lucario will actually bounce, making the lag less and lucario traveling a bit more.

This is situational though, but it can be used for a safety measure.
Don't be hatin cause the lucario is playing like a Japaneses lucario, just look at the bouncin.
-t2

And yes the video is a YEAR old, but still, bouncing, look.

Little Pink Cannibal

Smash Rookie
Thanks for this post it really helped me. I normaly Kirby but i like Lucario because he better and funner. Can someone tell me whats a good way to ledge guard as him. Or even what a good way to start a match? And how to time your Aura sphere just right!

Mewter

Smash Master
Can someone tell me whats a good way to ledge guard as him.
ES to the ledge. You can do it from far away, and if you're quick enough, you'll make it to the edge before the other person. You might want to do it only when you're sure you won't get gimped trying to edgegaurd that way.
Or even what a good way to start a match?
Depends who you're fighting.
And how to time your Aura sphere just right!
That's for you to figure out practice.

I'm sure I seem like a guy that pops out of nowhere for some reason and I'm sure I'll get flamed. :)

manhunter098

Smash Lord
The best time for an aura sphere really depends who you are fighting too. Ideally you want to shoot it so you can catch your opponents landing frames, but against some characters this is difficult because they either have reflectors, multiple jumps, or a recovery technique that doesn't leave them helpless.

Thats really the only best time to use an Aura Sphere, otherwise its a little more about what you think your opponent is going to respond with, or if they are going to respond at all.

This is regarding Fully Charged or relatively well charged Aura Spheres only though, baby Aura Spheres are a little less situational.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Oh, I was just playing Brawl+ for a long while. (got it working today at friends house, I'll soon have it)

Lucario isnt changed to the degree said. Sure he can do some other fancier stuff. Play style is just the same, his aerials are in my opinion, worse. You dont even need Nair anymore, and Dair loses usefulness.
Smashes are like, wiff>wiff>wiff> omghitnoway

I dunno, I wasn't impressed overall. But they did do some awesome works as well. (Black Falco has no pupils)
But I'm just bitter that Jack can now do all his fancy melee stuff, in brawl, and still kick our arses.
-t2

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, I think the only thing that's really, really changed in Brawl+ is ES, uthrow, aura modifier (kicks in earlier), and DT. Everything else practically acts just the way it was, with slight differences.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
And even those changes are not all that useful, minus the Aura modifier.
Possibly the most needed change his upping lucario's run speed. No lemme re-phrase that, lucario's everything needs a boosted up speed. Namely smashes.

Brawl+ should be named, "Falcon's Return".
-t2

Top Bottom