• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best way to get around a spamming Samus

GuyverProxy

Smash Rookie
My main is Marth and my friend plays an extremely annoying Samus. His tactic is to keep spamming missles until you're either hit or distracted, then he comes in with the shoulder bash, grabble throw and air kick. Yep...that's his whole tactic. He doesn't do anything else and he falls for the same tricks over and over, he's very predictable. I usually wavedashing/shield my way in and go for a grab/slash combo. I guess this would be easier to show in a video but i lack the necessities, I think. i was wondering if there were any ways to overcome his spamming ways. Thankkssss!

.shu//masaharu

Smash Cadet
I main Marth AND Samus, although I'm not too good at Smash as of now. One tactic I heard that Marths can use is to actually stand in place and use neutral + A to stop the missiles. Maybe once you see them spam a lot, you can just wavedash onto the ledge and wait it out. If he is as predictable as you say, he will probably come after you.

In my opinion, once you get close to him once, try your best not to lose that range. Maybe you can keep him close by not using your tippers? Grab a bit, and try to time your counters effectively against him in close range.

Actually, if all else fails, go up to him and tell him to stop being a ***** and play like a man xD

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
My main is Marth [...] i was wondering if there were any ways to overcome his spamming ways. Thankkssss!
Yeah: Press the a button or c-stick.

You can destroy Samus' missiles with any ground or aerial attack (not counting side-b). Just approach her with fairs, who cares, Marth eats projectiles like no tomorrow.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
I main Marth AND Samus, although I'm not too good at Smash as of now. One tactic I heard that Marths can use is to actually stand in place and use neutral + A to stop the missiles. Maybe once you see them spam a lot, you can just wavedash onto the ledge and wait it out. If he is as predictable as you say, he will probably come after you.

In my opinion, once you get close to him once, try your best not to lose that range. Maybe you can keep him close by not using your tippers? Grab a bit, and try to time your counters effectively against him in close range.

Actually, if all else fails, go up to him and tell him to stop being a ***** and play like a man xD

almost exactly what i was going to say. don't give him room to breath. don't let him use those "chaep" missiles. also you say he's predictable, thats a huge advantage for you. and use MINDGAMES son.

pdk

Smash Lord
projectiles = insects
sword = fly swatter

connect the dots

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Funny enough, I was reading a guide about Marth earlier because that was going to be my 2nd main. Just keep eating the missiles until your friend gets impatient and maybe decideds to fire a missile then quickly charge you. Then from there find your own way to get rid of the missile/dodge both the missile and your friend and punish him for it. My favorite way to punish someone would be to start a series of chainthrows or some other annoying tactic.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
you can always just jump over them too.

Marth has too many ways to stop/avoid projectiles...

jut something fun if he continues spamming to the point where you could hit him (read, it isn't the best thing to do):
use counter: I believe it deflects the missile, and then the sword will hit Samus as well.

pdk

Smash Lord
empty jumping leaves you pretty open though and counter isn't quite guaranteed

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
or play fox and stand in your shine like a nub
LMAO, I played against this one guy that did that because he was afraid I was going to throw sausages at him. So I just ran over and grabbed him, chaingrabbed a bit, and comboed into a 9 hammer. And he was like "Good ****, everyone else starts out with sausages." I'd hate to see how bad his friends are at this game.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Most characters can actually cancel Samus' missiles with a tilt (usually ftilt), a neutral A jab attack, a dash attack, smash, or an aerial. Just give it a try, swatting Samus' missiles is especially easy with Marth. Also some B moves cancel the missiles. If they come in with a shoulder bash, shieldgrab it. The grapple grab is a bit slower than most grabs so it's more predictable. Either hit them while they're trying to grapple, jump and hit them while the grapple is out, or spotdodge the grapple and counterattack.

If all else fails, you can fight fire with fire and span them back.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
^^ haha very funny post fo sho

and thats false info st. viers you don't reflect the missle back, and i think he said they stand on the other side so you didn't shoot your sword out and hit them i think... :)

Just Neutral A and swing your sword.. problem solved Marth ***** Projectiles fo sho

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Use jigglypuff and approach with fair (bair works too but it's harder).

With peach you can just float over them.

Ness uses fair to advance and bat to reflect projectiles.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
A good way but kinda hard is to full hop all of your fairs. It forces samus into an uncomfortable position. Full hop over the missiles, so your in front and above samus, and the only thing she has left is her nair, which is good, but the samus's hitbox is her body, marth's is his sword.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I like to waveshield until I'm close enough to go for a Gerudo Dragon, cuz it goes underneath the missles (unless too close)

Top Bottom