• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE best VIDEO of marth you will EVER SEE!!!

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
I wish I could Marth as good as you guys.

I'm probably the only person that thinks he every bit as good as Metaknight. Marth is my 2nd favorite character right behind Metaknight.

aurablaze

Smash Rookie
although a tipper f-smash is hard to pass up, i recommend trying to incorporate some f-tilts and d-tilts into your game. Forward tilt has pretty good knockback and a hell of a lot less ending lag. D-tilt is by far your best poke and is generally good to pop them up for a nice combo.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
although a tipper f-smash is hard to pass up, i recommend trying to incorporate some f-tilts and d-tilts into your game. Forward tilt has pretty good knockback and a hell of a lot less ending lag. D-tilt is by far your best poke and is generally good to pop them up for a nice combo.
It doesn't pop them up anymore.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Those were much better. Huge improvements from both sides.
Thanks!!!

For Marth you need to use dancing blade on the ground. Especially on parts where he was ground dodging or shielding. Also aerial rushing would have helped in some situations:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=171396
I use danceing blade alot more but most of the battle's i use them alot in last longer then 3mins.(which mean's no replay)

Also on recovery, you should use the first part of dancing blade to stall while captain falcon's invincibility wears off. You got knee'd so many times where if you just b forward once then b up, you would have grabbed the ledge instead of landing on the platform and getting knee'd.
A big thanks on reminding me of this move,I really just forgot that it could stall in the air.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Haha, I watched one of the videos. I really like your marth(and I expecially liked the use of shieldbreaker to almost break their shield!) The only advice I can really give you is try not to spam fsmash too much. It's something a LOT of marth's tend to do, but if used too often without other moves inbetween, it kills the killing potential. The best time to use them are out of fthrow's at low %'s so they auto-tip, or when you just want to vary it up a bit. Other than that, great game. =]
^Well put by feardragon, and that would be my opening. You did some things great and I saw that when you and your opponent were engaged in battle, you held yourself extremely well. However, the things that I saw that seriously hindered your game were the following:

Approach Strategies--I saw maybe one decent one out of the two videos. Almost every time you approached you got punished. Even in the first video at the start of the battle, you almost touch Falcon before trying to f-air him and end up getting hit. Why not hit him with the front of the blade? You had ample time to hit him first. Marth's sword has ridiculous reach and you need to use that when you engage your opponent. Definitely work on your approach.

Edgeguarding--The first video showed really bad edgeguarding technique and the second one isn't much better. Sure you can follow your opponent offstage with a few f-airs, but why not drop off and b-air at the last second and then edgehog? If I remember correctly, Falcon can't even recover if you edgehog and he needs to sweetspot the edge with his up+B. So make sure he has to and dies trying. Stop trying to KO and start gimping. You don't need to hit them into oblivion as long as you mess them up. You also should try stage spiking as much as you can. You can't easily set up for this, but learn to recognize your opportunities to do this.

Recovering--Wow, about the same as earlier. There was one time in the second video, I believe, where Falcon dropping from the ledge and nailing you. Why did you let him? His intent was so obvious after three or so hits, so why not counter and then Dolphin Blade to stage spike him? Or even just counter and edgehog so he falls to his death? I can understand getting hit a few times, but you let him seriously take you down with a very obvious approach. Also, getting up from the ledge wasn't much better. You'd try good techniques at the wrong times. Falcon would be waiting at the edge for you and you'd try to drop off, shorthop, and f-air him while getting onto the stage. This can be used but you need to DI a bit away from the stage first to tip with the blade--not only for damage/knockback, but also to make sure you're out of his reach. Don't get in his face and THEN f-air him, go for it while he can't hit you. Furthermore, why didn't you try the same technique except using counter instead of an f-air? He was clearly going to attack and you could easily get back AND embarass him by predicting his movements. Counter is great against aggressive and obvious opponents, which that Captain Falcon definitely was.

These are just some suggestions, but those areas of your game are seriously hindered. You handle yourself extremely well when engaged in battle but those three areas are of extremely poor quality. You seriously have to bring them up to improve. Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing and search for that thread that categorizes gimping by character. It's really really useful.

Oh, and get used to using invincibility frames and spiking if someone overshoots the ledge (especially Zelda using Farore's Wind directly up. If she overshoots the ledge you have an easy spike since she can't DI until nearly a full second or two afterward).

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
To be honest i was really impressed by the falcon lol, but anyway..

I think you still need to work on spacing yourself, CF was doing a much better job of that. Asides from that, you did way too much smash spam. It's a killing move, if you see an opening punish with dancing blade, not fsmash. Overall though you're getting better, still needs a lot of work.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
To be honest i was really impressed by the falcon lol, but anyway..

I think you still need to work on spacing yourself, CF was doing a much better job of that. Asides from that, you did way too much smash spam. It's a killing move, if you see an opening punish with dancing blade, not fsmash. Overall though you're getting better, still needs a lot of work.
he is good at spacing i just know his style to well.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
not bad at all... with some more sheildbreaker and dancing blade you'll get really good and could win local tournies.

Question: Whats that red dot on my at the bottom of my info to the left of my post?(Its pretty cool lol)

Top Bottom