• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE best VIDEO of marth you will EVER SEE!!!

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Video
This was not good video of me i jump off alot.

New vid
i got alot of good combos on this one but i could have used danceing blade more.

So what do you think was I good? was I bad? tips pointers will help me alot. Also if you can please leave a comment on Youtube aswell.

My new vids[EDIT]

Video one
decent.

Video two
not bad.

Video three

Video Four
Thanks.​

Mike35

Smash Cadet
You probably don't need to be told this since you can see what happened, but don't be so reckless fighting off the stage. I love off the stage fighting but always try to position yourself so you can get back on. You lost two stocks because you went out too far or dropped too low.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
You probably don't need to be told this since you can see what happened, but don't be so reckless fighting off the stage. I love off the stage fighting but always try to position yourself so you can get back on. You lost two stocks because you went out too far or dropped too low.
this kids marth sucks jk. it winz

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Yea i know i was rushing to make it 3 mins.

madiaz3

Smash Apprentice
hey arties friend, its me the guy who uploaded the video

you guys didnt show up to the weekly lol since artie had no phone he couldnt tell me (goin 2 the next 1at least the warmups from 4.30 to 6 next week if u guys r goin)

to help you out ill upload the other 2 replays i have of you guys playing (the ones of you being marth) so people can help

as for the video itself, obviously u were messing around off the edges, shield grab a little more and pretty much 100% of the time after you sidestep your opponent will too so depending on percentages think about either shield grabbing or semi charging your fsmash (that one easy in concept but you kind of have to discipline yourself to do it in rhythm without thinking about it) because its just so tempting to let an fsmash fly

case in point
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVx4nHTZGEY
:20 seconds

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
hey arties friend, its me the guy who uploaded the video

you guys didnt show up to the weekly lol since artie had no phone he couldnt tell me (goin 2 the next 1at least the warmups from 4.30 to 6 next week if u guys r goin)

to help you out ill upload the other 2 replays i have of you guys playing (the ones of you being marth) so people can help

as for the video itself, obviously u were messing around off the edges, shield grab a little more and pretty much 100% of the time after you sidestep your opponent will too so depending on percentages think about either shield grabbing or semi charging your fsmash (that one easy in concept but you kind of have to discipline yourself to do it in rhythm without thinking about it) because its just so tempting to let an fsmash fly

case in point
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVx4nHTZGEY
:20 seconds

It hard to shield his Faclon mainly fort the fact most of his attack have very little lag, but i will try the sidestep thing.

but in other news i will be at this weeks toruney 90% sure of it.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Haha, I watched one of the videos. I really like your marth(and I expecially liked the use of shieldbreaker to almost break their shield!) The only advice I can really give you is try not to spam fsmash too much. It's something a LOT of marth's tend to do, but if used too often without other moves inbetween, it kills the killing potential. The best time to use them are out of fthrow's at low %'s so they auto-tip, or when you just want to vary it up a bit. Other than that, great game. =]

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Thx i was still kinda rushing to make the match 3min so i spamed Fsmash but i could of used danceing blade alot more in the video.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
I only watched the 2nd one, so i'll just give advice on that.

1.) You're spamming F-smash too much, as was said. I find it best to SH a F-air to a F-Smash, as you'll get a nice 2-hit combo with that. Just standing there and swinging like that will get you murdered.

2.) As you already pointed out yourself, you should use the dancing blade more. And it's best to do it as fast as possible, to string it all together. I find that it's easiest to do it at the lower percentages, possibly even when starting the stock, as you can rack up some quick damage with it.

3.) Again, as it was said, you're being too reckless off the stage. Sure, it's a good idea to hit them off and follow them, but give yourself some room to get back on. If necessary, just give them 1 or 2 F-airs then get back on the stage. You don't have to always go for the kill when you hit them off.

4.) Short-Hop. You need to do that more. SHing F-airs and N-airs are your greatest approaching attacks, and are good for juggling them around the stage.

This reminds me, i'll have to get some vids of my Marth. *Doesn't have a capture card so they'll be crappy quality*

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
I only watched the 2nd one, so i'll just give advice on that.

1.) You're spamming F-smash too much, as was said. I find it best to SH a F-air to a F-Smash, as you'll get a nice 2-hit combo with that. Just standing there and swinging like that will get you murdered.

2.) As you already pointed out yourself, you should use the dancing blade more. And it's best to do it as fast as possible, to string it all together. I find that it's easiest to do it at the lower percentages, possibly even when starting the stock, as you can rack up some quick damage with it.

3.) Again, as it was said, you're being too reckless off the stage. Sure, it's a good idea to hit them off and follow them, but give yourself some room to get back on. If necessary, just give them 1 or 2 F-airs then get back on the stage. You don't have to always go for the kill when you hit them off.

4.) Short-Hop. You need to do that more. SHing F-airs and N-airs are your greatest approaching attacks, and are good for juggling them around the stage.

This reminds me, i'll have to get some vids of my Marth. *Doesn't have a capture card so they'll be crappy quality*
thanks for the rate!

Sadly these videos were made a week ago and since then much of my style has changed. i see if i can get some of my newer ones up.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Not bad, most of the good stuff was already said. Try using your TILTS a LOT MORE. Also, C-Falcon = not really good + bad match against Marth
Otherwise, your repeated Fsmashes would be severely punished.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Not bad, most of the good stuff was already said. Try using your TILTS a LOT MORE. Also, C-Falcon = not really good + bad match against Marth
Otherwise, your repeated Fsmashes would be severely punished.
Yea i dont use tilts that much iam a C-sticker but i will use the Dtilt+forwardtilt more.

nonamedn00b

Smash Cadet
uptilts are important too. I am not good at shorthopping so i find that uptilting is useful when their just above you instead of shfair or any other aerials. Plus the uptilt can kill really well.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the tip. i normaly have a hard time using the utilt since i rarely get the chance to turn tap off.

AcidJazz

Smash Apprentice
If you want to get good at this game.

Don't play online. I would have watched it if it wasn't an online match :)

∫unk

Smash Master
Okay I watched the 3rd match versus Cfalcon @ pokemon stadium...

Why do you rely on your laggy aerials? You constantly use d-air and b-air... when you should be doing n-air and f-air. Seriously at one point you d-air 3 times in a row after a short hop on the ground. It's only a crappy opponent/crappy character that prevented you from being punished from this too badly. You even lost your first stock on the insistence on using d-air. This point cannot be stressed enough stop d-airing! The only d-airs you could argue for are the one on the platform at 1:30 and the spike on the first stock, but the rest of the d-airs (you had ~10 of them) were strictly bad move choices.

You're just going all out offense without even caring about what the opponent is doing. Fortunately the opponent isn't realizing this and isn't reacting to your super aggressive playstyle. Honestly if the cfalcon was any good and learned to put up his shield or dodge or space you would have had it much worse, but even then I think you would have pulled out the win because it's cfalcon and you have way too many advantages in this matchup to lose.

Some minor things I noticed were I saw you miss a few techs, and you shouldn't smash so much... but against that falcon it worked because he isn't very good. Avoid smashes unless they're going to kill or set up for a gimp or there's an obvious opportunity to do them.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Okay I watched the 3rd match versus Cfalcon @ pokemon stadium...

Why do you rely on your laggy aerials? You constantly use d-air and b-air... when you should be doing n-air and f-air. Seriously at one point you d-air 3 times in a row after a short hop on the ground. It's only a crappy opponent/crappy character that prevented you from being punished from this too badly. You even lost your first stock on the insistence on using d-air. This point cannot be stressed enough stop d-airing! The only d-airs you could argue for are the one on the platform at 1:30 and the spike on the first stock, but the rest of the d-airs (you had ~10 of them) were strictly bad move choices.

You're just going all out offense without even caring about what the opponent is doing. Fortunately the opponent isn't realizing this and isn't reacting to your super aggressive playstyle. Honestly if the cfalcon was any good and learned to put up his shield or dodge or space you would have had it much worse, but even then I think you would have pulled out the win because it's cfalcon and you have way too many advantages in this matchup to lose.

Some minor things I noticed were I saw you miss a few techs, and you shouldn't smash so much... but against that falcon it worked because he isn't very good. Avoid smashes unless they're going to kill or set up for a gimp or there's an obvious opportunity to do them.
eaiser said then done i do see what he is doing but alot of stuff is just slower in brawl. im not even using my best character and im sorry to say but a c.f. cant out space marth.

why every video i post of me winning you have to have some problem with it last time i checked u got more vids of yourself winning than i do your taking alot of stuff i do for granted y'know. i can easily get vids me wining up from now on.

∫unk

Smash Master
eaiser said then done i do see what he is doing but alot of stuff is just slower in brawl. im not even using my best character and im sorry to say but a c.f. cant out space marth.

why every video i post of me winning you have to have some problem with it last time i checked u got more vids of yourself winning than i do your taking alot of stuff i do for granted y'know
i dont get who or what you were addressing in this post but.... c.f. sucks haha

i didn't know i had a problem with you, i just looked at the video and commented. if you want to keep doing the same things and keep losing then that's your choice. btw the only videos of me are like 2 months old i play way better now lol

and you do some good things but i was just looking to see where you could improve not where you did well

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
i dont get who or what you were addressing in this post but.... c.f. sucks haha

i didn't know i had a problem with you, i just looked at the video and commented. if you want to keep doing the same things and keep losing then that's your choice. btw the only videos of me are like 2 months old i play way better now lol

and you do some good things but i was just looking to see where you could improve not where you did well
that other paragraph was for jinofcoolness lol

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
why every video i post of me winning you have to have some problem with it last time i checked u got more vids of yourself winning than i do your taking alot of stuff i do for granted y'know. i can easily get vids me wining up from now on.

There were alot of mistakes in all my vids(even me winning),but i guess just hate to wacth myslef lose and tend to John(alot)when i do.

As for the Dairs i guess your right but i do space myslef so if i do mess up i wont be counterd.

∫unk

Smash Master
There were alot of mistakes in all my vids(even me winning),but i guess just hate to wacth myslef lose and tend to John(alot)when i do.

As for the Dairs i guess your right but i do space myslef so if i do mess up i wont be counterd.
I'm saying against any decent player it would have been countered. d-air is too laggy for spacing to even cover yourself. The first stock is the only time where ArtieBoy did punish you for it. He could have smashed you every time you used the d-air.

∫unk

Smash Master
Wow. Those were much better. Huge improvements from both sides.

For Marth you need to use dancing blade on the ground. Especially on parts where he was ground dodging or shielding. Also aerial rushing would have helped in some situations:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=171396

Also on recovery, you should use the first part of dancing blade to stall while captain falcon's invincibility wears off. You got knee'd so many times where if you just b forward once then b up, you would have grabbed the ledge instead of landing on the platform and getting knee'd.

And falcon was way better with spacing and mindgames. One of the better falcons I've seen so far. Good luck finding a way to knee once Marth learns how to properly recover. Maybe you can drop down wait for him to grab the ledge double jump into the knee stage spike.

Top Bottom