• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the best secondary for DK?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
dks problem matches are dedede and IC's olimars your best second cause of his matchups with those 2.

I actually don't find ICs a difficult match up any more. I'll post some vids to show what I'm talking about

edit: it may be because I only play DK no matter what but you never know

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
dks problem matches are dedede and IC's olimars your best second cause of his matchups with those 2.

and ussi, dk is at an advantage against tornado mk, he's even cause mk can get smart and upb instead.

dk's moves that beat the tornado
ftilt
utilt (from the back)
grounded upb
down b
neutral b
fsmash
usmash
dair

tornados not that good against dk, too punishable, its just a noob eater
Then why couldn't Bum beat Inui, 2 week MK user, who won spamming tornado in the later matches.

Its simple, MK just has use it at point blank range and DK won't have time to attack it.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
Then why couldn't Bum beat Inui, 2 week MK user, who won spamming tornado in the later matches.

Its simple, MK just has use it at point blank range and DK won't have time to attack it.
"Yes i said closer! move in as close as you can, and engage that Meta Knight at point blank range!"

"At that close range we won't last long against that Mach Tornado!"

"We'll last longer than we will against that Shuttle Loop!"

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
but in all seriousness... tilts are DK's good good friend. dtilt and ftilt are really fast moves, idk exactly the frames it takes for them to come out, but MK's tornado is weakest in its early frames, its all about timing

a good MK wont spam the tornado anyways, its quite punishable

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
"Yes i said closer! move in as close as you can, and engage that Meta Knight at point blank range!"

"At that close range we won't last long against that Mach Tornado!"

"We'll last longer than we will against that Shuttle Loop!"
~_~... just wait till the videos are up...

Rhambo

Smash Apprentice
I just picked up mario, and so far, its not going great, but it is an improvement over PT!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
in all seriousness I highly suggest picking up Toon link, marth, Pit, or fox

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
I would be thinking of using DDD since DK and DDD have almost the same identical speed and would be easy on on the user to master quickly. Not only that but DDD has good projectiles, obviously not the best but it carries a punch.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I'd have to agree with smallwolf, Dedede is one of my favorite characters, but I don't like his chaingrab playstyle so I don't like to use him. However I do enjoy using him for teams and he was very easy to pick up because I've been playing DK all the time. The major differences are Dedede's chaingrabs, multi-jumps, projectile, less weight, and no meteors. After that he was easy to learn for me and he feels pretty similiar to DK.

Admittedly I rarely throw the dees, doos, and gordos at people because I'm not used to having a projectile.

CBK

Smash Journeyman
I personally only use Falco as an alt, why because of DDD I **** those chain grabbin motha ****ers. Other than that there is no hard matchups for me as DK. I've in the past only been knocked out by DDD Zelgadis's but still ****ing a no longer.

Tujex

Smash Ace
I still agree with Pit. I mained him before I switched to DK, and I have no problem switching between the two. The only thing is, you might get used to DK's low % kill rate since it takes pit to the middle-high 100's to get a solid kill hit off of someone.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
PIKACHU, FALCO, and G@W are best secondaries for DK. also diddy works well too if you wanna go with the whole dk country thing.

Pikachu cause he ***** DDD and falco counters almost everyone. G@W also ***** if you use him well against DDD. But hey i witness Bum take out some of the best DDD with his DK it is all about spacing

DK!

Smash Cadet
Personally, I've used DK as my secondary. Sadly, that doesn't work anymore due to chain-grabbing. So to counter them, I have picked up Mario. He can counter the Star Fox Characters (except Wolf but DK would fight him) because he's more floaty, can kill them around 100, or even 0 with the cape/FLUDD. DDD I really haven't faught that much yet, but I have beaten some DDD's with DK,. Its only a bad match up cause of CG. If you avoid that, then the penguin will fall.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
If DK were my main, I would have to go Ike, mainly because he IS my main and I don't want to abandon him, and he is just as epic. If not Ike, then Falco, but I already secondary him lol.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
The best backup would be Falco since after Meta get's banned his stock will only rise.

RyN

Smash Apprentice
DK owns Falco so bad it's ridiculous. It takes a really skilled Falco player to overcome the DK but I've seen it done.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I think Diddy covers his weaknesses.

Toon Link does well against people that DK has trouble with, so does IC and Zamus.

CBK

Smash Journeyman
DK only has one match that he should not have to face, Trust me DDD is the only counter you need to counter with Falco. I've beaten one if not the best DDD on the west coast Zelgadis with my DK, and I don't want to do that ever it's so hard. Falco is easy to pick up and he counters rather easily.

Top Bottom