• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best of the Best Brawl Stage COUNTER/BANNED (Port Town Aero Drive vs. Onett)

Vulcan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaberVulcan
I prefer Green Hill due to the fact I can smash someone at 200% on the lower level of the mansion and they will bounce off the ceiling and be fine.

Hm, but Green hill is easy to walk off of and has the spinny things....
so I guess I would have to vote Luigis, unfortunatly.
(Lesser of 2 evils?)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well guys, this match-up was also close, but in the end spooky Luigi's Mansion took the victory, next up:

Pirate Ship vs. Distant Planet

Zevox

Smash Lord
Well, neither of them are ones I have any great love for, but likewise I don't dislike either of them. Hm. Well, I think I'm going to go with Distant Planet. It's hazards aren't quite as annoying as Pirate Ship's (rain water vs canons, catapult, & auto-kill if caught beneath the front of the ship), and I like the odd combat angles that the overall layout can cause to occur.

Zevox

Snowbird

Smash Cadet
Pirate ship is probably my favorite map. Distant planet is just annoying..

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
No contest. Pirate ship FTW. It has Song of storms :bee:

What does Distant planet got? Enviromental noises? Pshhh.....

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Tough choice, I like them both but Pirate Ship. I like Dragon Roost Island better that Song of Storms. Distant Planet's best song is Ai no Uta (French version) [/sarcasm]

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
obviously, Pirate Ship sank Distant Planet so Pirate Ship moves on, next up:

Norfair vs. Pokemon Stadium 2

Zevox

Smash Lord
Norfair gets my vote. It's the only lava-based Metroid stage I can enjoy, and I like the staggered-platform setup. Plus the lava waves are easily avoided, or shielded/dodged in the case of the one that comes out of the background. With Pokèmon Stadium 2, the conveyor belt transformation alone was enough to get it turned off of my random stage selection, and I'm no great fan of the wind and ice transformations either.

Zevox

Serious AI

Smash Rookie
I'll say Norfair, the lava is like the only hazard I like of the game and is so easy to avoid. Plus its worst music is aeons ahead of the best music of Pokémon Stadium 2.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Norfair, the lava can be shielded, the platforms themselves make this stage a good CP pick. Meanwhile PK2 has 3 bad (i guess one of them is just below mediocre), one that is reasonably good (ground), and a neutral beginning.

there's a cat in the hut on the ice transformation

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Pokemon Stadium 2 is a great counter. It's best fit for just about any chracter, you just have to get used to the changes of the stage is all.

pklucas

Smash Apprentice
norfair takes some skill to play on the right way. and i use toon link so...

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Norfair is more interactive, for that reason I tend to like it more than PS2. (Not, not playstation)

Zevox

Smash Lord
I like both of them, but I'll have to vote for Frigate Orpheon. I'll take its predictable shifts, two different layouts, and superior music over Pictochat's randomly-selected variations in terrain and hazards.

Zevox

Nightshine

Smash Journeyman
hmmm...tough choice but I'd have to say the frigate for me. Its got good music to it and my friend used marths final smash as it flipped. Needless to say he flew off and killed himself as it flipped it was pretty funny.

Top Bottom