• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best of the Best Brawl Stage COUNTER/BANNED (Port Town Aero Drive vs. Onett)

Roager

Smash Ace
Delfino's more neutral, I say. Could go either way, I guess. But Castle Seige has more walk-offs. (2, as opposed to Delfino's 1, unless I'm mistaken) Are walk-offs still banned in brawl? If they are, neither are neutral. DDD's chaingrab is the main issue.

Green-Breeze

Smash Rookie
Delfino Plaza ,because it has a very nice back drop and it has more backgrounds,I dont know any playing startegies so don't ask ,but thats just my opinion.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
Castle siege for me, the floating platforms above delfino's moving plaza always change quite abit. I also dont like the walk offs either.

Nicole

Smash Champion
delfino plaza for sure. on the second transformation of castle seige (inside the castle) the statues stop projectiles and attacks in general, and that can be really annoying depending on who you're using/ playing against.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
okay guys, this was a close call between the two but in the end Delphino Plaza takes the victory, next up:

Lylat Cruise vs. Halberd

Serious AI

Smash Rookie
Lylat Cruise. Not having other hazards than a slight tilt alredy makes it more neutral than Halberd. A cool music and appearence, and a decently-sized stage only adds for its advantage.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
If the point of this thread is which one is more neutral, then Lylat Cruise, but if it's which one is my favorite then I prefer Halberd ever so slightly. The music at Halberd is just a bit faster and better for fighting to, otherwise I like the stages pretty evenly.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Lylat cruise doesn't have things in it that kill you, so it's definitely more neutral. I agree with DKKountry though, because I like Halberd better, despite it's problems.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
If it was more neutral: Lylat cruise
If it was which one I like more: Haliberd (Gourmet Race remix, along with also pressuring me to get into the kirby series, which shouldn't be hard with the new Kirby super star remake).

OmegaXXII

If the point of this thread is which one is more neutral, then Lylat Cruise, but if it's which one is my favorite then I prefer Halberd ever so slightly. The music at Halberd is just a bit faster and better for fighting to, otherwise I like the stages pretty evenly.
okay people, to clarify, your choice depends on which stage you prefer under each category which right now is Neutral/counter stages, though I might change this if i get an idea.

ShadowBlitz

Smash Apprentice
Nah I think Halberd is more of a neutral stage than LS. The only thing I like about LS is the backrounds.

Anyway....my vote is for Halberd.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
The Music alone is enough to vote for it.

Gourme Race, King Dedede's theme, and Butter Building are the best tracks in the game

MK's Revenge, The Squeak theme, The Legendary Air ride machine, Boss medley and Vs Marx are good too.

02, checker knights and frozen hillside are okay

Nature area is horrible :(

It's also an awesome counter pick with the fall-through floor and the low ceiling. The stuff in the back never seems to bug me...

HALBERDHALBERDHALBERDHALBERDHALBERD

OmegaXXII

wow, this was a really close call bewteen the two, but in the end, Lylat Cruise is victorious, moving on to the seminals:

Battlefield vs. Pokemon Stadium 1

Serious AI

Smash Rookie
If it was Pokemon Stadium 2 i would have taked it... but in this case I prefer BF. I'm tired of PS1, too much playing it in Melee, and Battlefield is not only a good stage to fight, but has some really good music and the night/day cycle and background doesn't get boring.

Top Bottom