• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best of Falco

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
masha wasn't "camping" lol he was zoning. he's controlling how his opponents move with lasers and keeping pressure with jab cancels and rolls from a safe position.
Dude, in a fighting game "camping" and "zoning" are pretty much the same exact thing. He was playing very safe, forcing the opponent to approach rather than approaching himself, and using all of his keep away options. That's camping. The word camping just has a negative connotation to it.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Camping is when you're solely situated in one spot and constantly attacking your opponent with projectiles or just keep away options in general.

Zoning, on the other hand, is when you force your opponent into certain situation, allowing more room for mistakes and allows you to go in for an attack when he's open. It sounds similar, but they're definitely different.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's just that we try to stick things that are absolutely necessary tp avoid cluttering. When you stick too many threads it just detracts from the whole point of sticking.

So yeah, when this thread has reached a stage of warranting a sticky, then by all means ask. Also, there's no reason why you can't link to this thread in one of the other stickies, can't remember which one has all the links these days.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
It's just that we try to stick things that are absolutely necessary tp avoid cluttering. When you stick too many threads it just detracts from the whole point of sticking.

So yeah, when this thread has reached a stage of warranting a sticky, then by all means ask. Also, there's no reason why you can't link to this thread in one of the other stickies, can't remember which one has all the links these days.
Yes, I understand what you mean. But, when I finish this, I hope that the result of what is on this thread and what we discuss makes us all better Falcos.. that is my goal. :awesome:

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
Camping is when you're solely situated in one spot and constantly attacking your opponent with projectiles or just keep away options in general.

Zoning, on the other hand, is when you force your opponent into certain situation, allowing more room for mistakes and allows you to go in for an attack when he's open. It sounds similar, but they're definitely different.
Okay, well I guess it's what you consider camping. If you say a metaknight planking or pit shooting arrows from the ledge is camping, but falco shooting lasers, phantasming and using jab/ftilt isn't camping than that fits your definition. It's just with that definition of "camping" than almost no one camps except for MK's and pits trying to time out. I've just always called zoning camping because they are very similar and are both defensive playstyles.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice

Alright.. I've finished, let me know what you think, if it's worthy of a sticky, then please do so, if not then give me a thread where I should post this and get a discussion started over these videos. :p

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Make the names have the videos in a Collapsed Format.
It looks more organized that way.

And avoid using Dark Blue on the Swf skin. The contrast is awful.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Make the names have the videos in a Collapsed Format.
It looks more organized that way.

And avoid using Dark Blue on the Swf skin. The contrast is awful.
Sorry...

So I guess this is a new video thread now?
I wasn't precisely sure what I should have put... I only put whatever was in 2012 or whatever win seemed relevant enough, what should I take out? :/ Excuse me.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I did not intend to sound mean at all during that post.
I was adding something to help better the thread, haha.

My bad!

kismet2

Smash Ace
Dude, in a fighting game "camping" and "zoning" are pretty much the same exact thing. He was playing very safe, forcing the opponent to approach rather than approaching himself, and using all of his keep away options. That's camping. The word camping just has a negative connotation to it.
lol not trying to be a jerk or anything but they're definitely different. zoning is about pressuring and controlling space, you don't get that from just sitting in one spot, which is what camping/turtling is.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I wasn't precisely sure what I should have put... I only put whatever was in 2012 or whatever win seemed relevant enough, what should I take out? :/ Excuse me.

Don't ask me.

My understanding is that was the best of Falco.

If you make a thread you should have its purpose clearly in your mind. You should know what material should and should not be in there. If it agrees with the thread, keep it. It's yours.

Have some power. Some confidence, my man!

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
lol not trying to be a jerk or anything but they're definitely different. zoning is about pressuring and controlling space, you don't get that from just sitting in one spot, which is what camping/turtling is.
Well I don't want to start a discussion on semantics here (yes I do lol) but zoning just means "use positionning to optimize your options while hindering your opponent's".
In this regard camping is some kind of zoning, since it's basically abusing your long range options while staying far from where your opponent can retaliate.

You can zone while camping, while approaching, while pressuring, while juggling, etc. It's more a way to do things than a thing to do.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Don't ask me.

My understanding is that was the best of Falco.

If you make a thread you should have its purpose clearly in your mind. You should know what material should and should not be in there. If it agrees with the thread, keep it. It's yours.

Have some power. Some confidence, my man!
Alright, you're right Drew besides, I'm not sure if all these matches are actually wins, we're supposed to be looking at the matches of falco that are "big" wins, correct? I'll be sure to take out some or MOST of these matches, especially the losses.

I did not intend to sound mean at all during that post.
I was adding something to help better the thread, haha.

My bad!
Yeah.. this is my first time doing this kind of thing so it's tough. :/ I'm not sure of all the choices.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Wait I still don't get it why should this be stuck isntead of linked in the video thread?

Stickies are given to the bare essentials, notice even the social thread hasn't been stuck for example, because it's not essential. This is just a streamlined list of videos, isolating top Falcos giving top level performances. It's cool but isn't sticky worthy, I mean if everyone on the boards wants it stuck then okay, but not convinved.

Just link it in the video thread or something.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Wait I still don't get it why should this be stuck isntead of linked in the video thread?

Stickies are given to the bare essentials, notice even the social thread hasn't been stuck for example, because it's not essential. This is just a streamlined list of videos, isolating top Falcos giving top level performances. It's cool but isn't sticky worthy, I mean if everyone on the boards wants it stuck then okay, but not convinved.

Just link it in the video thread or something.
Ah, I see what you mean.. No problem. :p

kismet2

Smash Ace
Well I don't want to start a discussion on semantics here (yes I do lol) but zoning just means "use positionning to optimize your options while hindering your opponent's".
In this regard camping is some kind of zoning, since it's basically abusing your long range options while staying far from where your opponent can retaliate.

You can zone while camping, while approaching, while pressuring, while juggling, etc. It's more a way to do things than a thing to do.
yeah that's true, i just don't like the term camping because it's the same thing as turtling except when you turtle your intention is to minimize risk. of course if you're playing competitively minimizing risk is ideal but when someone new is getting into a fighter if you say camp then they'll focus on making the opponent approach rather than "focus on patience, positioning, timing, and relatively safe attack options to slow down the pace of the game and minimize the number of punishable mistakes made during the course of the match." you hear turtling more when it comes to fighting games and camping in fps lol.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Well, Falco does have a gun. If he's not camping while he's shooting his gun and zoning while he's attacking with his body I don't know what he's doing.

Since there's no SLS videos here's SLS :falco: vs Souther :snake:

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
The awkward moment when the "Best of Falco" thread becomes more of a social than the social.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
The awkward moment when the "Best of Falco" thread becomes more of a social than the social.
Yo, I'm not sure anyone understands the point of this thread.. perhaps it would have been smarter to put an explanation... hehe..

Also.. Let's begin discussing. Remember that we are discussing how the Falco was able to do so well... and REMEMBER, DO NOT GO OFF TOPIC, THIS IS STRICTLY FOR THE PURPOSE OF CRITIQUING MATCHES OF PRO FALCO PLAYERS. Thank you. The match that we will be discussing is Masha :falco: vs Mew2King :metaknight: August 2012

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah let's try not to joke around too much, we have the Social for that exact purpose.

Jtails

Smash Lord
I'm always hella rusty considering I don't own the game bahaha. Like I said, I'm not as good as the others, but I'm practically right below. Everyone has bad habits, so that's not necessarily a flaw, imo. I was just throwing my name out there though.

As far as the whole video thing is concerned, I'm not sure really. Everyone is hella lazy (especially me rofl)
I can vouch for you :p fun set, cool guy.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
DJ Jack is pretty good. Same with Xaltis. People just don't know much about Florida's Falcos.

Damn I got no videos up here? :(

Well if I'm considered here is a start. My tourney set against Orion from last week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auvjp0zUlyI&feature=youtu.be
Sorry man, I wasn't sure to put you in or not. But you do got a sexy falco. <3 nice set man, got any other recent sets vs some good players? They have to be as recent as 2012 though. gotta keep falco's bread fresh outta da oven man. I'll be updating ASAP but I'm SUPER busy with school so I'll get to it when I have the time. >.<

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Sorry man, I wasn't sure to put you in or not. But you do got a sexy falco. <3 nice set man, got any other recent sets vs some good players? They have to be as recent as 2012 though. gotta keep falco's bread fresh outta da oven man. I'll be updating ASAP but I'm SUPER busy with school so I'll get to it when I have the time. >.<
Haha thanks. I have a couple more that are from this summer.

Keitaro vs Nairo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyFMTPY_q9o
Keitaro vs Pelca: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLxu2N04n-w
Keitaro vs Will: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypbIER4nLas

Top Bottom