• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best American anime's/cartoons.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I used to watch a lot of the cartoon network shows when I was a kid, such as:

Teen Titans
Grim Adventures
Camp Lazlo
Foster's Home
Ed Edd n Eddy
Samurai Jack

and some more that don't come to mind. I loved waking up at like 7am during summer vacation in 6th grade because they had a marathon of different cartoons every day. Good times :)

Grandeza

Smash Master
Time Squad was awful. I reallt hated that show. Samurai Jack was amazing! Did they ever wrap up that show? The final episode I saw was where he learned how to jump super high and was going to attack Aku at the end.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
lol been srsly watching this recently, not too bad actually

*note: Series was also created by the same guy who made Fosters Home and PPG

Sharky

Smash Master
we're talking about american cartoons, and so far only one person has mentioned Looney Toons, and NOBODY has mentioned the old Disney/mickey mouse cartoons? dang, harsh.

Batman TAS is amazing. Hell most all of the newer DC comics cartoons were done really well. I'm particularly a fan of the Batman Beyond movie Return of the Joker (is that the name?) well I guess it's more mark hamill than anything but the rest is done really well also.

edit: get that MLP **** outta here

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
It's tough for me to list any cartoons that aired on any cable station since I never grew up with cable tv and I still don't. Either way here's still some cartoons that I grew up watching and loved (that haven't been mentioned yet and that I can remember as of right now):

Ducktales
Jackie Chan Adventures
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Heathcliff
The Tick
Ironman
The Fantastic Four

lol been srsly watching this recently, not too bad actually

*note: Series was created by the wife of the same guy who made Fosters Home and PPG, Lauren Faust.
Fixed.

I really enjoy this show. It's definitely become one of the better recent American cartoons from its debut in Oct. 2010 to the Present.

[Collapse=My Response]

[/Collapse]

But in all seriousness I've gotta ask. Why? You shouldn't hate it without giving it a chance. If you do give it a chance I'd recommend that you start by watching episodes 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, and/or 22. I'd also recommend that you should watch at least a few of these episodes that I listed. This show really isn't that bad. :)

Xyless

Smash Master
Expected, but he asked what the best is, and guess what? It's a good show, its only issue is the fact that it uses an IP that has had some of the stupidest girly products ever, which has given it a horrible reputation in the past. But the fact that they completely redesigned everything and intentionally made it a more accessible show for pretty much anyone was a huge risk for them, which paid off.

It's actually very interesting analyzing the response people give to the show, especially when I've noticed that the anime people in particular shoot it down hardcore. I'd personally put it right below Adventure Time in how many laughs it's gotten me, which is still pretty high.

Anyways, my actual answer wasn't going to be Ponies, but sure, that too (especially since you can watch every episode online). But also, my main recommendations are:
-Samurai Jack
-Mission Hill
-Powerpuff Girls

And if you're really looking for story, I'd recommend pretty much anything DC has put out in the last decade or so. They've been rather solid with their shows.
Batman
Batman Beyond
Static Shock
Justice League
Teen Titans
Young Justice

Top Bottom